Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516709 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Two More.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - The Water Hole by Rhylie P40 14/04/13
« Reply #601 on: April 13, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »
That's a beautiful dio Rhylie! You are very clever & your Rhino looks very happy at the Water Hole! :)
Ron your talent must be partly genetic, because your daughter certainly has it! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2013, 05:35:27 AM »
Way to go Rhylie! Your post is now on our front page.

I am gonna use this to hopefully spur my own daughter (she is 6 getting ready to turn 7) as she has some animals like that too.

Ron, what can I say. You are a treasure to our hobby and thank you for reminding us all that while we enjoy our customizing its all about passing it on to the next generation too.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2013, 05:33:40 AM »
Well this young lady certainly has her dad's talent! That is a great looking diorama and very realistic! Most excellent work on all accounts. Ron, I know you are very proud of her.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #604 on: April 20, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »
Hey All,

ShamanLogRay, Tamer &  Luke Sprywalker - Guys she really appreciated the kind words thank you and I wish I had the camera on when she saw her dio on the FP it was priceless thanks for that Shawn.

As for me I'm holding off on doing any dios/custom until after Friday April 26th as I go in for surgery again (4th time) on my ankle so I'll have 4-6 weeks off so I'll be popping a few out ofver that period.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #605 on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:46 PM »
I wish I had the camera on when she saw her dio on the FP it was priceless thanks for that Shawn.

Ron, its things like this and seeing you and your daughter create cool stuff that is priceless to me. Tell her I can't wait to see what she creates next time. Maybe she and dad can work on another while you are recuperating from thank ankle surgery. Hope that goes well!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #606 on: April 26, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »
Ron, phenomenal work on the Indy diorama. You are truly a man of many, many talents, and it shows in every piece you touch.
I see Rhylie  is following in her father's footsteps with her brilliant diorama. Excellent work, Rhylie!!!
I hope your ankle is better soon, mate.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #607 on: May 02, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Hi All,

Tamer & r1bb1t - Thanks guys I appreciate the comments and so does Rhylie. I had ankle surgery last Friday and it went well, it has taken over a week for me to start getting around again which is great I got bored just lying on the couch. I'm in the middle of doing some SW and non SW dios so hopefully I can them done and posted within a week or two.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #608 on: May 05, 2013, 05:12:45 AM »
Sounds good Ron. Glad to hear everything went well with your surgery. Looking forward to seeing your new work.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #609 on: May 08, 2013, 12:35:33 AM »
Hi All,

Tamer - Thanks Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #610 on: May 08, 2013, 12:38:35 AM »
Hi All,

I wanted to make a small Indy dio with Indy coming down a rope getting ready to explore an old forgotten temple hidden away for centuries. Once the dio was set up to the desired look it was painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and chalk pastels.

RECIPE

1: Figure - The legs are from the Indy and Horse deluxe set, the torso is from KOTCS Indy the jacket and arms are from the Pitfall Indy and the head is from the TOD Indy.

2: Base - The base I picked up from local hardware store in the craft section, the column is from the 7" Disney Indy figure. The back wall and floor are pieces of foamcore cut to size and then very carefully peeling off one side to reveal the foam underneath.

Once the foam was revealed I started drawing the stones into the foam using a STABILO felt 0.4 pen and then once happy with the look I used a ballpoint pen and started going over the felt pen lines and pushing the ballpoint pen into the foam.  The stone effect was done by pressing a sandstone rock into the foam and the rope is some left over string I had in the parts box.

The snakes and skulls are from The Indy Pitfall deluxe set and the torch is from Sallah. The ground work was bult up using modelling clay,  the dirt is a mixture of potty mix and model railway tree bushes which were broken down and added to the dirt.

The smaller pieces of grass stubble are from The Army Painter, the vines are also from The Army Painter. The larger plants are plastic fishtank plants and were given a wash to tone down the plastic look.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #611 on: May 08, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »
A few more.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - IJ the Forgotten Temple 3-3/4" P41 08/05/13
« Reply #612 on: May 08, 2013, 01:58:36 AM »
Amazing! Brilliant! More incredible work from the master of small dios! They always look so tasteful more like statues than toys! :)
Sorry but , There is one small thing bugging me though, that black blob on the top of the column,are you planning to add a statue there or something? If not, it would look a lot better if painted the colour of the stone.

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #613 on: May 09, 2013, 12:06:15 PM »
Nice! One day I wouldn't mind seeing how you have all of your dioramas displayed. I think these pieces are just the right size, and of exceptional quality to look good in any setting. My wife lets me build as many dios as I want, as long as they all fit in my little collection room. LOL. 

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #614 on: May 09, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »
Amazing! Brilliant! More incredible work from the master of small dios! They always look so tasteful more like statues than toys! :)
Sorry but , There is one small thing bugging me though, that black blob on the top of the column,are you planning to add a statue there or something? If not, it would look a lot better if painted the colour of the stone.
I think it's hollow....

Awesome dio Ron, your work makes me want to get better!