Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516774 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Ancient Waterfall 3-3/4" P37 30/12/12
« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2013, 02:56:48 AM »
Hi All,

While I'm waiting for materials to arrive so I can build my 1/6 Boulder Chase diorama I decided that I would give Sideshows Pursuit of the Ark a go using a 3-3/4" Hasbro Deluxe horse figure.  Once the diorama and figures were done they were both painted using Vallejo and GW paints and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel Chalks.

RECIPE

1: Figure & Horse - The horse is from Hasbro's Indiana Jones Deluxe and the joints have been repositioned and superglued inplace and once the glue dried the joints were puttied up using Greenstuff.  The saddle and stirrups are also from the deluxe set and have been repainted, the stirrups have had thins strips of leather added to them.

The bridle, reins and leather fasteners are again thins strips of leather cut and glued inplace and the small buckles on the bridle have been cut off the plastic deluxe set sanded down and glued inplace.

The figure is a combo of the legs and arms are from the Indy and Horse deluxe set, the torso is from the KOTCS Indy figure and the head is from the TOD Indy. The whip, belt/holster and bag are also from the Indy and Horse Deluxe set.

2: Base - The base I got from the local craft shop and the mound was built up using left over pieces of high density foam cut out to the desired shape and glue on the wooden base.

The sand is a 60/40 mix of sand (60%) and plaster of paris (40%) and five tablespoons of PVA added to the mix, once the whole mixer is ready I started dabbing it over the foam and then with an old brush I dabbed that into the mixer till I got the look I wanted.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Ancient Waterfall 3-3/4" P37 30/12/12
« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2013, 03:03:38 AM »
few more pics

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indy Desert Convoy Chase 3-3/4" P38 09/01/12
« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2013, 04:10:52 AM »
Wow, fantastic Ron. Looks like here is one more thing we can talk about next week. Off to the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #558 on: January 09, 2013, 04:59:54 AM »
WOW Ron! That is a beautiful, museum quality work of art! Everything looks perfect!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #559 on: January 09, 2013, 05:18:17 AM »
Fantastic piece, Ron. Especially the horse, you can't tell anymore it's that Hasbro one, which is a great toy, but your work really put it on a higher level!

Wow, fantastic Ron. Looks like here is one more thing we can talk about next week. Off to the front page.

That is so cool! When I was up for my cross examination interview I listened back to the earlier podcasts and thought it was unfortunate that not all of them were very audible. Luckily, the boys fixed that soon enough, but having you on the podcast again, with the new system, will sure turn out to be terrific! Looking forward to it!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:08 AM »
WOW!!! Ron another beautiful work of art ! I really enjoy how you brought  out the life from a regular toy, and made  it so much better !!! All the best  Art

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #561 on: January 09, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
Ron you are my Hero :D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #562 on: January 09, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
Hi All,

Guys as always thanks so much for the kind words and the FP Shawn I always apprciate them and Mr. Black I am looking forward to the CAFN next week.

Ron
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:21:02 PM by hemble »

Spookymufu

« Reply #563 on: January 09, 2013, 06:13:46 PM »
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

very cool, nails the scene perfectly too!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #564 on: January 09, 2013, 06:22:05 PM »
Hi All,

Spooky thanks buddy.

Ron

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #565 on: January 09, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »
most excellent work, Ron, I can instantly hear the soundtrack, one of my favorite scenes of my fave movie of all time!
Stefan

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:39 AM »
Hi All,

Hey Stefan glad you like it buddy and I know what you mean I kept humming the Raiders tune alot while making this and have started humming it again while Iim makinug my 3-3/4" boulder chase scene.

Ron

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #567 on: January 10, 2013, 08:25:48 AM »
WOW!!!! What a nice piece! That's more a work of art than anything resembling a diorama. Of course you always are setting really high standards. Love it. 

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #568 on: January 15, 2013, 05:42:35 AM »
Hi All,

XTS_Operative - Hey mate thanks for the kind words.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #569 on: January 16, 2013, 01:25:24 AM »
Hi All,

Did a little story to this one so there is a little reading before the Recipe and pics.

Story

It's been almost 3 years since they arrived, at first there was excitement even thou there was no contact from them for about 2 months then one day small craft started coming out of the larger ships then all hell broke loose. The smaller craft started firing and people started to scream and run and tried to find cover.

The first attacks lastest for about two days and not even our military forces could with stand the massive fire power that the enemy had. After the attacks everything went deadly quiet and at first we all thought that would be the end of it but we were so wrong, the first attack was nothing compared to what was to came next.

Like the first attack small craft began to spue out of the larger ships that hovered overhead but these ships were a little larger and bulkier then the first and when they landed hundreds and hundreds of reptillian creatures emeregd and started to scatter themselves throughout the city.

As the days and weeks went by we found ourselves becoming fewer and fewer. At first we thought that we were just getting killed after raids and battles but we were so wrong.  The HUNTERS as we call them are hunting for food and we are the cattle, they always hunt in pairs no more no less.

The pair always consist of a tracker who seems to be the less dominate one and it uses some sought of motion tracking device that it has strapped to it's back and a hand held device that picks up movement. We have found that the motion trackers aren't very good when there is concrete around so we try to move around the debri of the buildings.

The leader is the most aggressive of the two and doesn't seem to be afraid of anything, they both carry some sought of energy weapon that their right arm slides into. The weapons look very intimidating but the blast from these weapons only do minor damage so not to damge their food source.

We have found that if we don't stop these HUNTERS of EARTH soon that the human race will be exstinct within a few years.

RECIPE

Hunters - The Hunters are the Lizard figure from the Amazing Spiderman movie, these ones are the ones that have the clear forearms and lower legs. The right forearm on both figures were cut off and replaced with an arm section from a figure called an APE from the old Starship Trooper miniatures.

They have both had leather straps added from leftover pieces from the bits box, the buckles are 1/6 buttons and 1/35 scale photo etched pieces. The belts are from two Hasbro Chewbacca Bandoliers and the canisters on the leader are from some Hasbro Stormtroopers.

The helmets are from Hasbro's Death Star Troopers and have just been turned upside down, the tracking backpack was from the bits box as was the cord and the tracking device is a tricorder from a 7" Artasylum Enterprise figure. The cloth parts are from the bits box which were just cut out to a desired shape.

The shoulder pads are 1/6 scale knee pads with the padded section cut out. The figures joints were glued inplace after I got the desired pose and then putty was used to cover the joints except of the heads as I wanted them to be able to move around with the helmets on.  Once they putty dried I painted and weathered then using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalk.

Base - The base I picked up at the local craft shop and the main section of the base is high density foam, this foam hasn't had the sealer put onto it like the blue foam you get so it was ideal for the making of the road.  I cut out the foam and then pulled it apart from underneath so that it the dirt could be applied.

The dirt I used is some dried dirt I got from the landscapers, the pipes are pieces of plasticardcut and inserted into the foam. Once I got the pipes inplace I started to do more detailing to the road by adding cracks and more damage to the edges.

The footpath is foamcore with the thin cardboard peeled away from one side, one the cardbaord was peeled away I did the detailing and damage by using a pen and model knife. The damaged signs were made from plasticard and the signs were printed off the net and glued to thin card from a chip box packet.

The little shrubs are from Woodland scenics and the muddy/sludge was done painting the base the desired colour and then using a few coats of Woodland Scenics realistic water, I also added realistic water to some light brown paint to give it an even more muddy/sludge look.  The sludge running from the pipes was done using Woodland Scenics water effects with a mix of light brown and white paint added to it.  The base was painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalks.

Ron