Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 521223 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - The Ghost Who Walks 1/6 P36 23/11/12
« Reply #540 on: December 08, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
You keep on posting and so will I! We all enjoy your work Ron.

Thanks Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - The Ghost Who Walks 1/6 P36 23/11/12
« Reply #541 on: December 30, 2012, 01:21:50 AM »
Hi All

Sorry I haven't been around much I have been busy with real work getting this dio complete and also getting Hembles Hobbies back up and running again after being way for half the year. I hope everyone had an awesome christmas and got heaps of great gifts, I also wanted to say I hope all the Yarders have a wonderful New Year.

Now on to the dio. This dio was the inspiration of this artwork (below) from a fantastic artist Alexey Samokhin and you can find is others works here www.mexart.ru.

While I was searching for reference material for a dio I want to make I came across the above artwork of a Mayan/Aztec looking structure with a waterfall coming out of it, I totally loved the look of the artwork and contacted Alexey Samokhin and asked would he mind me making his artwork into a diorama.

Alexey was more then happy with me making his artwork into a diorama and with a little customizing interpertation the diorama was made. I decided to make the dio into a glass/shadowbox display as I wanted to make it look like it had depth to it.

I have to thank Alexey for allowing to make his wonderful artwork into a diorama I had a great time making it and if you like to see more of Alexey's amazing work just hit the link above.

RECIPE  

The Figure  - The figure is made of the lower legs of a Hasbro's Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior, torso from Cemetery Warrior. The arms are from Hasbro's Star Wars Dagobah look and the head is from a Clonetrooper and the hands I got from the bits box.

The spear is made from plasticard, cardboard and model ship rope. The necklace is made using plasticard and model ship rope, the head piece was made using thinly cut pieces of marine foam. and the loin cloth and wrist and arm bands are made using pieces of left over cloth from the bits box.

The Base - was made frame was made using a picture frame from a two dollar shop, balsa wood and foamcore. the structure and stone work stream were made using High Density foam, I drew the design onto the foam and then with a led pencil scribed over the areas I had marked out.

The stone head was cut out from High Density foam and then carved into shape and was glued inplace I used a piece of sandstone and pushed that into the foam to give it a natural stone look.

The ground work was built up using plastacine and plaster and once dry I painted the ground and then used dried out potty mix to cover it. The palms trees were and other plants were picked up from the local pet shop, the palms were for a lizard inclosure and had to be repainted and then cut to look like palms. The palm trunks are real pieces of branches I got from the front garden and are perefect as they look like real palm trees.

The waterfall was made using woodland scenics water affects and the steam was done by using woodland scenics realistic water and PVA glue. The white froth affects on the water fall and stream were done by using a little watered down white paint.  The hanging vines are pieces of vine a got from a florist, they come in large buddles and I just cut off pieces I wanted.

Once the base work had been done I got on the net and downloaded and printed off some backdrops and glued them inplace to give the diorama a little more depth.

Ron

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:24:00 AM by hemble »

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Ancient Waterfall 3-3/4" P37 30/12/12
« Reply #542 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:42 AM »
OH WOW!!!!! This is just a super nice piece. I find it hard to tell the difference from the drawing to your finished version.
The original artist would be extreemelly happy with your take on his work. The shadow box frames it perfectlly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #543 on: December 30, 2012, 06:12:42 AM »
Gorgeous Ron. Chad and I were just talking about getting you back on our upcoming season of CAFN. I would love to hear you talk about this one. Off to the front page.

I also gave your site a shout out and will be sure to do so for your hobbies site too once I find the link.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #544 on: December 30, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »
Brilliant Work Ron! A real work of art! I especially love the water, thats come out amazingly well! :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #545 on: December 30, 2012, 07:11:19 AM »
Beautiful work Ron! The art work you found is indeed very inspirational! You have translated the painting into a beautiful diorama. Great looking figure as well.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #546 on: December 30, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
superb work Ron ,can i ask how did you do the water flow ?
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #547 on: December 30, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
Too cool!  Love it!

0/

Spookymufu

« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
dont ya just love that Woodland Scenics Water Effects?

Makes great ice too

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »
Stunning work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »
Hi All,

Guys thanks heaps on the comments and and replies I really appreciate them. I also forgot to add the dimesions which are 12.3"L x 8.9"W x 10.5"H.

M4K3R1 - I sent the artsit some pics earlier during the week and he loved it.

Tamer - Shawn as always buddy appreciate the FP and just let me know when you and Chad want me on again.

wraithnine - Woodland Scenics Water Effects looks like glue when you open the container and what you do is get a brush or wooden iceblock stick and dab it onto a very smooth non stick service and dab it in rows either single or together and once dry you peel it off and you have a running water affect.

To make the water look like white when it's running over rocks etc you hust add white paint to the areas you want. This is the first waterfall dio I have done but I'll be doing more in the future.

Spookymufu - Yeah you do have to love it and I saw a video on youtube of a guy making a winter diorama and the way he did the ice and icicle was awesone.

Ron
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:01:38 PM by hemble »

Spookymufu

« Reply #551 on: December 30, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »
I think you meant to say this to wraithnine...

wraithnine - Woodland Scenics Water Effects looks like glue when you open the container and what you do is get a brush or wooden iceblock stick and dab it onto a very smooth non stick service and dab it in rows either single or together and once dry you peel it off and you have a running water affect.
To make the water look like white when it's running over rocks etc you hust add white paint to the areas you want. This is the first waterfall dio I have done but I'll be doing more in the future.

Spookymufu - Yeah you do have to love it and I saw a video on youtube of a guy making a winter diorama and the way he did the ice and icicle was awesone.

Ron

Yes, thats the same video I saw that made me buy it and use it on my HOTH dio, awesome product

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #552 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
Thanks Spooky I just fixed it up ;D and yeah you can't go past woodland scenics products thats for sure.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #553 on: December 30, 2012, 09:04:09 PM »
Absolutely phenomenal, Ron! Your interpretation of the artists work was perfect and your execution is inspiring and had to be alot of fun. I tried a shadow box dio years ago and really enjoyed it but this work of yours is a masterpiece. Your water turned out great! I have not tried water in a dio since i was a kid.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #554 on: December 31, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
Hi All,

Clonehead - Apprecaite the kind words thanks mate and I did enjoy making this alot and I have plans on doing more shadow box dios in the future. Glad you liked the water as well as you know I've done water in a few of my dios but never a waterfall and I was stoked with the way it turned out.

Ron