Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 525209 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Batman WIP 1/6 P34 03/11/12
« Reply #510 on: November 03, 2012, 06:49:21 AM »
I agree Jay, a legend. Love it Ron. Back on the front page with more comments.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #511 on: November 03, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »
Another marvelous piece my friend !!!

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #512 on: November 03, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
gorgeous looking batman Hemble.. Glad to see your work outside the SS freak forum... :)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #513 on: November 04, 2012, 03:36:40 AM »
Hi All

wraithnine, Tamer, mr.Jedi1977 & dr0d26 - Thanks sooooo much guys I really appreciate the very very kind words.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:05:15 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #514 on: November 04, 2012, 04:03:08 AM »
Hi All,

I have started on the dio for Batman and after a very long disussion with my 8yr old daughter I have decided to make a alley way dio instead of a roof top one. I was all for the rooftop dio but my daughter insisted that Batman wouldn't fight that many bad guys up there so who am I to argue with a child (to be honest I did and I lost  ;D).

Pic - 1

The main structure is made done using marine foam, once I got the size I wanted I started marking out the bricks with a pencil and ruler. The brick size is 12mm high x 30mm long, once the bricks were marked out I then used a flat head tweezers and scribed along the pencil lines.

When scribing the lines I wasn't to concerned with the foam chipping away as it adds that little extra realism especially when painted. Once the bricks were all scribed I then used a broken piece of old brick that I got from a work site near work and very softly pushed that into the bricks.

Next I did the alley way floor and same as the bricks just marked where I wanted the cement slabs to go with a pencil and ruler and then used the flat head tweezers again to scribe over the pencil marks. I also added cracks and chipped areas using the pencil and then using a model knife to make the chips a little more rugged.

The steps leading up to the back door is just some left over foam cut to size and glue inplace. Once the step had dried I used a small broken piece of cement which I also picked up from the same work site as the brick and with that again softly pushed that into the floor and step.

The door is made from some left over foam core which has had a small section cut out which is the small sliding security window, the frame work around the door is thin plasticard cut to size and glued inplace.  Once I cut out the security window section I then used thin plasticard to cover the edges so it won't look like foam but a steel door.

The pallet is just from some left over balsa wood and that is 5" x 5" square and the I used pin heads to simulate nails.  The escape ladder is made entirely from plasticard using this strips and tubes and cutting small pieces off to simulate the bolts that go into the brick work.

Pic - 2

Is to show the scale of the dio when Batman is on it.

Just a side note I have had a few emails from people asking me why I used a piece of sandstone on my Indy dio. As I said to them when you are making a dio no matter what it is try and use as many natural items as you can as it gives your dio a more natural look.

So don't be afraid to use real dirt from the garden or potty mix or in the case of this new dio a broken piece of brick and cement to simulate the above mentioned material and above all guys/gals have fun as thats what it is all abaout.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:07:05 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Batman Dio WIP 1/6 P35 04/11/12
« Reply #515 on: November 04, 2012, 05:23:25 AM »
Love the step by step instructions with this. Thanks Ron. Back on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #516 on: November 05, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
That is one awesome looking Batman! This dio is destined to be as epic as the others before it, a legend indeed.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #517 on: November 10, 2012, 03:18:54 AM »
Hi All,

Tamer & Luke Sprywalker - Thanks heaps guys.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #518 on: November 10, 2012, 05:54:40 AM »
Hi All,

Sorry to say I only have three Photoshop pics of the final dio, I dropped my camera today which had all the other WIP on it so I had to use my wifes new camera and have no idea how to use it yet. That is why I did some PS pics plus it's been raining so I can't get my normal outside pics till it clears.

Ok lets start on what I did.

1: The dio was sprayed with Tamiya's Drak brown and I did three coats to make sure the paint absorbed into the foam.

2: Once the paint had dried I then painted the concrete using a mix of Dark Grey and Faltt White paint.

3: I then gave the concrete a wash of Matt black to bring out the impressions I did using the broken piece of cement. Once the wash dried I then drybrushed the cement using a Greeh Khaki and Falt white and then a wash again of Matt black.

4: After the cement was done I started on the bricks I gave them a wash of Burnt Sienna and once dry used Dark brown, Red brown and Snake bite leather to create different colours of bricks.

Once the bricks dried I then gave them all a wash of Matt Black and when that dried I dry brushed the bricks with there different colours I used before the wash.

5: The escape ladder and drain pipe were given the same treatment I used on my Tatooine display pipes but used I wash of Hull Red and Matt Black at the end. After the ladder and pipe were dried I gave them I drybrush of Mithril Silver and Gunmetal.

The door was given two coats of Flat Grey and left t0 dry and then I applied a wash of Light Grey, when the wash dried I used a mix of Mithril Silver, Chainmail and Gunmetal to give I some wear and tear. And once I was happy with the final look of the dio it was given more weathering using pastels.

7: The pallet was given a wash of different browns and tans and then once dry it was given some wear and tera using the back of pair of tweezers.

8: The rubbish bags behind the pallet are made from light grey plastic bags and I gut different size sqaures and then used tissue paper and wrapped them up and used thin metal to tie the end off. I then used black paint to paint the bags. The larger bag I made a slit into it and pulled out soem tisse and used a mix of greens, yellows and browns to give it that rotten garbage look.

The left over pieces of grey plastic bags I just stuck down to the.

9: The money was printed off the internet and cut out and laid out. The newspaper I made using Paint Shop Pro 6, the pieces of rubbish/paper is left over tissue from the rubbish bags. The broken glass is from an old clear hard plastic lid I had in the bits box , I  broke it up using a pair of pliers and scattered it over the ground.

The blood is a mix of Red Gore, Blood Red and Matt black and then painted it over pieces of glas and I made a trail has to show that soemone has been severely injured. Th ebottle is from Side shows Belloq figure. The green rotten water near at the left back corner was done by mixing Dark Green, German Field Grey and Woodglue and then adding it to the base.

To top off the dio I used watered down Matt White and a small amount of Grey to paint the KILL BATMAN sign. Once the weather clears I 'll take my usual outside pics.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Batman Dio Teaser pics 1/6 P35 10/11/12
« Reply #519 on: November 10, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »
I looks awesome Ron. Back on the front page.

Bummer about your camera!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #520 on: November 11, 2012, 01:50:23 AM »
Hi All,

Tamer - Hey Shawn thanks for the reply buddy and yeah your not wrong bummer alright, it didn't fall far only about 60cms but you know it's broken when the lens pops out.

I've been playing with the wifes new camera today and have taken like 200 pics and not one of them is looking any good, I have to play around with the settings damn gadgets. As soon as I get it figured out I'll post the dio and Bats.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:11:39 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #521 on: November 11, 2012, 06:13:00 AM »
I have done this before. The sad thing is you can never find one as good. I usually just hit ebay or amazon and try to find the same one I broke if I really liked it. I have definitely found that newer doesn't always mean better.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #522 on: November 11, 2012, 07:02:25 AM »
Again awesome  !!!  Yeah i can relate to your story bout the camera sorry to hear but tamer said it the best look on amazon or other sites , which im sure you're way ahead of us . who knows you may just find the same one... Anyway once again Fantastic work  ...... Art

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #523 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:24 AM »
Hi All,

Tamer & Jedi1977 - I took your advise and had a look on amazon and ebay the prices were god but postage was a killer so I decided to dabble with the wifes camera and got same nice shots. So here are some final pics of Bats and teh alley way.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #524 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »
Now with Batman.