Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 524726 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Star Trek AMBUSHED 7" P28 11/02/12
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »
Hi All

I decided for my first 1/6 custom since I've been back would be the Pulp action hero Doc Savage, I've always like Savage but the hairdo always annoyed me especially the way it whent to a point on the forehead.  So when I was searching for reference pics I came across some old Savage comic book covers that had a different hair style which suited the 1930's and 40's style that I wanted to go for.

RECIPE

Doc Savage - Main body is a ACI muscle body the hands are from Sideshows and Hottoys  Indy figures which have been repainted. The head I have had in the parts box for a long time and can't remember which company made it.

The shirt is a Indy Hottoys and the pants are from Sideshows Indy, the boots and belt are from Dragon and the left wrist brace was made from some old leather and small plastic buckles.

The gun is from and old sci-fi figure with an added sight added to the top from plasti-card and the torch is made from some old house hold decorative sticks and the flame was done by adding plaster of paris and woodglue together and then waiting till is started to dry and then sculpted it to the wood using thin strips of wire.

The Base - I wanted to give Savage a base and decided to give him a desert style tomb one,  the base was made using high denisty foam and cutting out the desired shape and the column was made from the excess foam and the piller was cut from some thich cardboard tubing.

Once the column/pillar had dried I scribbed the stone floor using a soldering iron and added some extra details to the pillar using thin styrofoam.  I then covered the whole base using a mixer of plaster of paris and woodglue and let that dry and then added fine river sand.  Once everything had dried I used Vallejo and Games Workshop paints to paint and weather both the base and figure.

Inspiration Pics

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
Now the figure and dio.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
And a few more.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »
WOW!Cool ! He look's awesome! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Doc Savage 1/6 P29 20/08/12
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
very cool!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
Wow, Ron is back with a new Custom! Horaay!!!

Man this brings a smile to the ole Tamer's face. Look for this to be prominently displayed on our fp by tomorrow.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2012, 02:33:08 AM »
Hey Guys

Thanks for the comments and as always there very much appreciated and I'm in the middle of a another 1/6 dio/display and yes it is Tatooine go figure LOL.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2012, 03:05:30 AM »
That sounds awesome Ron. Got that Savage on the front page!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
Hi All

Tamer - Thanks mate.

Ron

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
Glad to see you back and glad to see Doc Savage!!!

I think I can help you out on that head sculpt's identity.  It's got that BBI look to the sculpt and I would guess it is from those LAPD figures they did a while back?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #430 on: August 25, 2012, 02:43:15 AM »
Hi All

flaccideagle - Thanks mate and thanks for the heads up on the HS it has been bugging me not knowing what company made it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #431 on: August 25, 2012, 02:59:09 AM »
Hi All

I decided to make another superhero and started looking on the net and came across a Hanna Barbera web link and saw Mightor and decided to give him ago.  I wanted to give him a more caveman look and subsituted the gold braces and belt for a more leather feel to him, the figure and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalks.

RECIPE   

Mighty Mightor - The body is from ACI and the same type I used for Doc Savage, the head is a resin Arnie one I have had in my parts box for a long time which I picked up from Lonnie.  I put some plastic soles on the feet which I grabbed from a pair of Dragon boots, I then used pleather for the main boots and wrapped the pleather around the feet and lower legs to get the look I wanted.

The straps around the boots are leather strips and the fur at the top of the boots is fake fur I got from a haberdashery. The loin cloth and belt is pleather and was cut to shape,  the wrist bracelets are pieces of cloth and strips of leather.

The horns are two old Spiderman the Lizards tails that I cut to size and secured to the head I then used model sail boat string and wrapped that around the tails and superglued the string inplace.  Once the glue dried I then used a mix of plaster and woodglue and covered the string with the plaster and woodglue mix and let it dry.

The cape was made using an old Jiff cloth which is a dish cloth which was perfect as I wanted to have something that looked like scrapped down fur. The mask is some old pleather cut to shape and glued inplace, I tried the mask with the eyes slit open but didn't like the way it looked so went with the cartoon style white eyes.

The medallion was made using some left over High density foam  which I used for the base it was cut to shape and two small holes were punched into the foam and some model boat string was used for the necklace.  The club was cut from an old branch from the back yard and the bark was stripped off and then I widdled one end to make the handle.

The Base - was made using high density foam and cut and shaped to look like rock and the logo was cut into the foam using a soldering iron. Once I was happy with the way the it looked I then covered the base with a two part mix of plaster of paris and woodglue.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #432 on: August 25, 2012, 03:02:25 AM »
A few more.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Mighty Mightor 1/6 P29 25/08/12
« Reply #433 on: August 25, 2012, 04:56:15 AM »
Awesome looking custom!!! :)
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Mighty Mightor 1/6 P29 25/08/12
« Reply #434 on: August 25, 2012, 05:02:43 AM »
Awesome Ron. Time to go let him dominate our front page. It is so good to see you back and customizing.