Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 524155 times)

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 1:35 SS Tank Crew dio Completed P114 04/03/18
« Reply #1710 on: March 05, 2018, 01:13:48 AM »
Hi Ron, I have to say that I love these dio's.  The detail is just fantastic, well done mate.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1711 on: March 07, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
Another incredibly detailed WWII dio! The street lamp is a very nice detail and foreshadows how the rest of the environment probably looks like...thumbs up!

I didn't know this tank division before even though I live in Germany. Now, I know it was a very important one and there's even a lyric text/song about the history of the "Wiking" on YouTube. So if you want to listen to some old German with lots of rolling "r"s and rough riffs follow the link: DOUBLE-CLICK on the video embedded

And here's an interview with Michael Wittmann (SS-Commander, SS-Hauptsturmfuehrer) and  English subtitles: Michael Wittman was the most "successful" tank commander of WWII with 138 confirmed hits.

Please, tell me if I should remove the links again and I will do so at once.

WWII is horrible, but a part of history we should all learn from. Declaring war on everyone was just insane. Opening the Eastern front against Stalin was another fatal - if not the biggest - mistake by Hitler. The Russians alone lost over 20,000,000. And about 70 million total losses. This mustn't happen ever, again. But even without a World War the world is still at war today with 20 wars and conflicts in 2017 and hundreds of people paying with their lives every day - this makes me very sad.

- Philipp

Thanks heaps Philipp and I have been doing a lot of research before I make a WW2 dio or vignette and I'm also amazed how many different units there were.

I know what you mean about war and yeah I totally agree it's something we should learn from for sure.

Very nice Ron. I like it. Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

The Tiger dio and the Tank Crew dio are phenomenal.
I really like the Flecktarn on the tank crew.
Excellent work.

Thanks heaps buddy.

Hi Ron, I have to say that I love these dio's.  The detail is just fantastic, well done mate.

Thanks heaps mate.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1712 on: March 08, 2018, 04:51:54 AM »
Thank you, Ron. You models already tell that you must've done good research on all your projects and you probably know a lot about WWII! Just tell me if I should remove the links, again. I'm surprised that YouTube is able to embed the entire video, not just the link, which would take less space...

- Philipp

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1713 on: March 08, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Thank you, Ron. You models already tell that you must've done good research on all your projects and you probably know a lot about WWII! Just tell me if I should remove the links, again. I'm surprised that YouTube is able to embed the entire video, not just the link, which would take less space...

- Philipp

Hey Philipp,

I'm more then happy for yourself or other people putting links up as it's a great way for people to find things that they may not be able to usually. I was very lucky when I started military modelling to have my dad as he was a wealth of knowledge on the subject and now with the internet it makes it 100 times easier to get reference material.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1714 on: March 09, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »
Hi All,

Completed this WW2 dio yesterday, It shows a Panther Ausf A in Italy 1943.

Recipe

Panther & Figures - The Panther is from Tamiya and is their old Panther Ausf A and was built straight from the box, I drilled holes in the mufflers and added fly screen to the air intakes for the grills.

I made a new machine gun mount for the commanders hatch using plastic rod and replaced the kit MG-34 with a Dragon Models MG-34 with ammo cannsiter. The netting is from Verlinden Products which I have add for a few years, I replaced the kit tow cable with model boat string and painted it and glued it to the kits end sections.

The tracks are the old rubber ones which still look great but don't sag like they should so I used black sewing thread and looped it thru where the tracks should sag and tied the tracks down with it.

The standing figure is from ICM with equipment from ICM and Verlinden Products and the two tank crew are a mix of Dragon models and ICM parts. The head sets are from Dragon Models and I used sewing thread for the comms wiring, I also used Tamiya decals for the figure's uniforms.

Base - is a picture from which I removed the glass and then glued the back into place and then built up the middle section with foam board. I then used a mix of sand and spakfilla and covered the base.

While the base was drying I sprinkled more sand over the base and used kitty litter for the rocks. I then used a thin piece of plastic card and dapped it into the mix to make the tank tacks.

The destroyed rock wall was done using kitty litter and the grass tufts are from Army painter and the tree's and shrubs are fromm Woodland Scenics Olive Green fine foliage.

The figures, tank and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and pastel chalks.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1715 on: March 09, 2018, 06:44:26 PM »
4 more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1716 on: March 09, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »
last 2

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Another phenomenal WW2 dio.
I like the camouflage netting on the Panther.

2018 is a great year for Panher fans. Takom, Meng and Rye Field models will release 1/35 Panther kits with full interior.
I hope you'll build one of them some day.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Another phenomenal WW2 dio.
I like the camouflage netting on the Panther.

2018 is a great year for Panher fans. Takom, Meng and Rye Field models will release 1/35 Panther kits with full interior.
I hope you'll build one of them some day.

Thanks heaps mate and yeah I know Rye Field models interior view look amazing and I will get a kit of it before the year is out.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Wow! That is very impressive work. The terrain looks fantastic, and the weathering is outstanding.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Nice Ron. Very nice.

Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Wow! That is very impressive work. The terrain looks fantastic, and the weathering is outstanding.

Cheers JD, really glad you like it mate.

Nice Ron. Very nice.

Off to share.

Thanks Shawn.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
This looks great Ron. Never thought of using kitty litter for rocks, that's a great idea!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
This looks great Ron. Never thought of using kitty litter for rocks, that's a great idea!

Cheers buddy and yeah it's excellent to use, I can't find the kitty litter that looks like little rocks so I have started using a brand that look like crystals but look great once painted.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

POTA Gorilla Soldier 1:10 scale.

Recipe

Gorilla Soldier - is from NECA and I glued and covered the joints and then painted and weathered him using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

Base - is foam board and balsa wood and then high density foam was used to add some height and also a little incline to the base. The foilage was done using Woodland Scenics Bushes, Olive Green and the grass tufts are from Army Painter.

Ron