Author Topic: Hemble's Figure's - Imperial Navy Commando 6" - P48 07/02/23  (Read 127860 times)

Spookymufu

Re: Hemble's Figure's - SandTrooper Dewback Rider 6" - P25 03/01/14
« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »
looks great, and I love that you lowered the pack and DIDNT paint the pauldron gray, just great looking work!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2014, 11:42:46 AM »
Very cool as usual! The original OT Dewback rider has the white pauldron so this looks excellent! BTW can you have him with his helmet on? Like the screen used Sandtroopers?
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
Another stunning piece of work.  I love visiting this forum, but especially when I know we're in the midst of a "Ron-a-thon" of customizing! 

If you have time, I was wondering if I could ask: I'm planning on constructing some basic dios for my 3.75" figs sometime in the coming year and was curious as to whether you'd recommend wall spackle or plaster of Paris as the material for building walls, etc. 

Thanks!  Looking forward to the next piece of awesome you have in store for us...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »
Hi All,

Wow, what another great work of art in the six inch scale you have created using that Sandtrooper as a base. I can only wonder what new six inch goodness you will show us as we get more Black Series six inch figures. Bravo Ron. Off to share.

Thanks Shawn and I have a few idea's in the works especially for Solo/Greedo and Fett.

Ron.  I have been loving your projects this year.  Sorry I haven't commented as often as  I used to do.  I used to comment all the time on forums from my cell phone because I'm always on the road, but with my new phone, the browser always crashes whenever I try to comment in a forum.  As a result my participation in forums has dropped significantly.   I have been watching and admiring though!  Your art is as awesome as ever.  I'd love to do a figure swap one day!

Hey DD thanks mate and no worries I know what you are going thru with the phone my new one is totally useless when it comes to try and send to the forums as well.

Another great looking scene mate! Love the subject matter and the paint work and weathering are phenominal!

Thanks heaps Spry.

Another grand slam Ron!!!   I to cant wait to see what is next from you !!!  all the best    Art

Cheers Art.

looks great, and I love that you lowered the pack and DIDNT paint the pauldron gray, just great looking work!

Hey Spooky glad you liked it mate thank you and when I was doing the backpack I remember what you said about the first 6" sandy and you were 100% spoton.

Very cool as usual! The original OT Dewback rider has the white pauldron so this looks excellent! BTW can you have him with his helmet on? Like the screen used Sandtroopers?

Hey mate thanks for the reply and I was going to have the helmet and head be interchangable but liked it better with the helmet off.

Another stunning piece of work.  I love visiting this forum, but especially when I know we're in the midst of a "Ron-a-thon" of customizing! 

If you have time, I was wondering if I could ask: I'm planning on constructing some basic dios for my 3.75" figs sometime in the coming year and was curious as to whether you'd recommend wall spackle or plaster of Paris as the material for building walls, etc. 

Thanks!  Looking forward to the next piece of awesome you have in store for us...

Cheers mate and thanks for the reply.

Mate for the walls that depends on two things are you use the bases for just display with so I would go with the plaster/PVA mix as I use this method due to the fact that mine are really for display only.

If you are going to use the bases as a play piece I would go for the spackle as it is alot stronger and would take the knocks better. I hop this helped and if you need and other help just let me know.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #379 on: February 17, 2014, 03:18:48 AM »
Hi All,

After all the dio's that I have done of late I figured that I would just take it easy and do a repaint this time round.

RECIPE

Figure - Solo is from Hasbro's 6" Black Series line and was given a repaint to show how good the detail on these figures are. The figure was painted using Vallejo and GW paints.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #380 on: February 17, 2014, 03:21:01 AM »
And 4 more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Figure's - Han Solo Repaint 6" - P26 17/02/14
« Reply #381 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:05 AM »
Just awesome work Ron. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #382 on: February 17, 2014, 07:02:22 AM »
Excellent !! Much better . I have to say i had no interest in  collecting the 6 inch line but somehow they are starting to grow on me , and after seeing your update ... well i may have to start working alot of overtime  lol  again great work .....Art

Spookymufu

« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2014, 08:03:43 AM »
wow, night and day huh?

how long did it take you to paint it up?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #384 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »
thats some pretty work, Ron. Yours looks like a sideshow item now. Love the before and after shot.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »
I've always said the paint on the 6'' line was its weak point and that the human figures just looked boyish. But Wow! If Hasbro painted it's figures like this I'd be very excited. This looks like a NECA figure!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2014, 09:23:11 PM »
Just awesome work Ron. Off to share.

Cheers Shawn and as always thanks for the FP.

Excellent !! Much better . I have to say i had no interest in  collecting the 6 inch line but somehow they are starting to grow on me , and after seeing your update ... well i may have to start working alot of overtime  lol  again great work .....Art

Thanks Art and yeah overtime does come in handy when wanting these figures LOL.

wow, night and day huh?

how long did it take you to paint it up?

Thanks mate and it roughly took about 3 hrs to paint.

thats some pretty work, Ron. Yours looks like a sideshow item now. Love the before and after shot.

Thank heaps mate and I thought that it would be a good idea to add another unpainted figure so people coudl see the detail that can be done by just repainting them.

I've always said the paint on the 6'' line was its weak point and that the human figures just looked boyish. But Wow! If Hasbro painted it's figures like this I'd be very excited. This looks like a NECA figure!

Glad you like it mate and thanks.

Ron

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »
AWESOME work Ron.... ;D
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2014, 01:21:51 AM »
AWESOME work Ron.... ;D

Thanks mate.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube