Author Topic: Hemble's Figure's - Imperial Navy Commando 6" - P48 07/02/23  (Read 127873 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Figure's - Harden Combat Trooper 6" complete - P24 02/11/13
« Reply #360 on: November 26, 2013, 05:04:48 AM »
Hi All,

This time around I decided I would repaint the Hasbro 6" Sandy and go back to my statue type figures/dioramas as I think they look way better with the joints covered.

RECIPE

Figure/Equipment - The figure is from the Hasbro 6" Black Series and it was put into the pose you see and the joints were superglued and the puttied up using AVES - Fixit Sculpt, I was very impressed with the product as it is so easy to work with and I highly recommend it and a BIG THANKS to lucasclones (Chad) for all the advise with this product thanks buddy. Once the putty had dried I painted and weathered the figure and gear using Vallejo, GW paints and pastel chalks.

Base - The base was built up using high density foam and then plaster cloth was used to cover the base and the plaster cloth was also used to make the rocky outcrop. The small shrubs are from Army Painter and are the wasteland type and the small creature is from the Diamond Select Star Trek Wrath of Khan figures. Again once I got the look I wanted the base was painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and pastel chalks.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Figure's - Harden Combat Trooper 6" complete - P24 02/11/13
« Reply #361 on: November 26, 2013, 05:06:32 AM »
A few more and different angle with close ups.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Hemble's Figure's - SandTrooper 6" - P25 26/11/13
« Reply #362 on: November 27, 2013, 07:47:09 AM »
Ron ...  I really enjoy seeing your work and how you put it together and again you do not disappoint   !   the sand trooper is perfect. I am sure you must be loving this 6 inch line lol.... all the best Art

Spookymufu

« Reply #363 on: November 27, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »
that looks great! My only critique would be to lower the backpack to a more movie accurate location, the figure by default has the backpack mounted too high on the back, I assume it's for a future release of a dewback but it's just too high for screen accuracy

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #364 on: November 28, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
Looks good to me. I do like it when you fill in the joints and give it a great paint scheme. Off to share.

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #365 on: November 29, 2013, 06:40:44 AM »
Ron, you really do nail these little vignettes.  What's great about this guy is the minor modifications that really make his sculpt shine, and of course your hyper-realistic base work.  Always a pleasure to see what you're making.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #366 on: November 29, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »
Ron ...  I really enjoy seeing your work and how you put it together and again you do not disappoint   !   the sand trooper is perfect. I am sure you must be loving this 6 inch line lol.... all the best Art

Thanks Art and glad you liked it.

that looks great! My only critique would be to lower the backpack to a more movie accurate location, the figure by default has the backpack mounted too high on the back, I assume it's for a future release of a dewback but it's just too high for screen accuracy

Cheers Spooky and you are correct the backpack needs to be lowered a few millimeters.

Looks good to me. I do like it when you fill in the joints and give it a great paint scheme. Off to share.

As always thanks Shawn.

Ron, you really do nail these little vignettes.  What's great about this guy is the minor modifications that really make his sculpt shine, and of course your hyper-realistic base work.  Always a pleasure to see what you're making.

Cheers Glorbes and you are correct these 6" figures are fantastic they just need very minor alterations to make the spoton.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
Stunning work once again Ron!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »
Stunning work once again Ron!

Thanks heaps Spry.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #369 on: January 02, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »
Hi All,

When I started this Sandtrooper I wanted to do something a little different so I decided to make him with his helmet off and his standing around relaxing until his Dewback is ready. The figure and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and pastels.

RECIPE

Figure/Equipment - The figure is from the Hasbro 6" Black Series and was put into a nice casual pose and then the joints were susuperglued and then the joints were covered using AVES Fixit sculpt,  the head is from the bits box and was original a punisher head.

The backpack and rifle are from the 6" Black Series Sandtrooper and I used small 1/6 clips and O-rings to attached the sling which is some left over leather. The shock stick was from the old 3/34" sandtrooper and I just removed the handgrip.

Base - The base is from a Sideshow Sandtrooper figure and the walls were cut out from foamcore and glued into place and the plaster of paris was used to cover the walls.  The sand is a 50/50 mixer of sand and plaster with a little PVA glue and was spread across the base to till I got the look I wanted.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #370 on: January 02, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
4 more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Figure's - SandTrooper Dewback Rider 6" - P25 03/01/14
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2014, 04:34:02 AM »
Wow, what another great work of art in the six inch scale you have created using that Sandtrooper as a base. I can only wonder what new six inch goodness you will show us as we get more Black Series six inch figures. Bravo Ron. Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #372 on: January 03, 2014, 05:55:11 AM »
Ron.  I have been loving your projects this year.  Sorry I haven't commented as often as  I used to do.  I used to comment all the time on forums from my cell phone because I'm always on the road, but with my new phone, the browser always crashes whenever I try to comment in a forum.  As a result my participation in forums has dropped significantly.   I have been watching and admiring though!  Your art is as awesome as ever.  I'd love to do a figure swap one day!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #373 on: January 03, 2014, 07:11:17 AM »
Another great looking scene mate! Love the subject matter and the paint work and weathering are phenominal!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #374 on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:46 AM »
  Another grand slam Ron!!!   I to cant wait to see what is next from you !!!  all the best    Art