Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's - Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise WIP 6" P63 07/07/15  (Read 171807 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Snow & Aqua Scouts & AT-AT Gunner WIP 6" - P39-40 20/10/14
« Reply #600 on: October 25, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »
4 more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Scout Trooper in Snow Gear 6" - P40 26/10/14
« Reply #601 on: October 26, 2014, 06:44:45 AM »
Ron, this is just a beautiful thing. More comments on the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #602 on: October 26, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »
Geez this is fantastic ! I really liked reading how you went about to building this ! As always Excellent ......Art

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #603 on: October 26, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »
This is fantastic.  I really love your version.  It is definitely superior to mine.

I ALMOST used a 1:18th sandtrooper pack for the heat unit also... great minds I guess?  The snowtrooper pack for the handheld sensor was pretty inspired.  I love it.  Great work.

Offline sharkeeeee

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #604 on: October 26, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
This is awesome!  Very Awesome!

Offline BigKev

• Cadet
« Reply #605 on: October 26, 2014, 07:28:12 PM »
Mr. Hemble,

I have no words . . . Except these:

Of all the work I've encountered here, and the fantastic artists who are brave enough to show they're work, yours never, ever, ceases to completely fascinate me. If I were a man of means, I would own much of your work, and show it with pride.

Amazing . . .

Big Kev
www.BigKevsGeekStuff.com

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #606 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »
Ron, this is just a beautiful thing. More comments on the front page.

As always Shawn thanks for the kind words and the FP exposure it's always very much appreciated.

Geez this is fantastic ! I really liked reading how you went about to building this ! As always Excellent ......Art

Thanks heaps Art and glad you enjoyed it.

This is fantastic.  I really love your version.  It is definitely superior to mine.

I ALMOST used a 1:18th sandtrooper pack for the heat unit also... great minds I guess?  The snowtrooper pack for the handheld sensor was pretty inspired.  I love it.  Great work.

That they do mate as soon as I saw the back pack I knew it was going to work and the snowtrooper back pack was a accident, I dropped it on the floor looking for something to use and when I picked it up and thought damn that would work.

Thanks for the kind words mate and I honestly don't think my one is superior to yours at all, you just have a different vesrion to mine.

This is awesome!  Very Awesome!

Thanks heaps mate.

Mr. Hemble,

I have no words . . . Except these:

Of all the work I've encountered here, and the fantastic artists who are brave enough to show they're work, yours never, ever, ceases to completely fascinate me. If I were a man of means, I would own much of your work, and show it with pride.

Amazing . . .

Big Kev
www.BigKevsGeekStuff.com

Hey Big K, mate I'm really honoured that you like my work that much thank you very much.

Ron

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #607 on: October 27, 2014, 03:25:41 AM »
Does the foamcore base really hold up well to that weight?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #608 on: October 27, 2014, 04:20:24 AM »
Does the foamcore base really hold up well to that weight?

Hey mate and yes it holds up extremely well actually. I super glue the foam together and let it dry for about an hour before I start work on it and once it has dried it's doesn't bend or warp.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #609 on: October 29, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »
Ron, this is awesome.
Another masterpiece my friend.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #610 on: November 01, 2014, 09:20:09 PM »
Ron, this is awesome.
Another masterpiece my friend.

Thanks heaps buddy.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #611 on: November 01, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
Hi All,

I built a 3-3/4" Aqua Trooper way back in 2007 and decided to build another Aqua Trooper but this time in 6" scale.

RECIPE

Aqua Trooper - is a Hasbro Black Series figure and is just the scout redone by putting him in a pose I liked and then super gluing the joints and then Iputtied up the joints, once the putty had dried I the covered the cloth areas in tissue paper. I then added flippers/air tanks and hoses from a 6" Madelman Scuba Diver.

The small connection struts that are on the back which are 1/35 scale pieces I had in my bits box,  the weapon is a combo of the butt and midsection of one of the Sandtrooper rifles and the barrel from the Stormtooper rifle.

Base - is built up using foam core and then using pieces of high density foam they were then pulled apart to get a desired look and then glued to the base.  Once the foam rocks were glued I then used plaster cloth and covered the whole base and including the foam rocks.

Once the plaster cloth had dried I then used a mix of 45% - plaster of paris and 45% PVA glue and 10% water and mixed the lot together and then applied it to the base and rocks. I let the mix dry for about 10 minutes then used an old paint brush and very lightly dabbed it over the drying plaster that was covering the rock to give it a more stone effect.

The small coral and seaweed are from a bag of plastic plants that I got from the pet shop and they were cut to size and painted and then given light washes. Once the coral and seaweed were dry I placed them on the base and glued them into place using superglue, I then used washed river sand and covered the base in PVA glue and then added the sand.

Once the sand was dry I gave it a wash of Dark sand then let dry and then a wash of Iraqui sand, the shells were given to me by my daughter and with the larger shell I added tentacles by using some snake tails that I cut off when I built a Indiana Jones Well of souls diorama I did in 2013 and yes I keep everything LOL as you never know when it is going to come in handy.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #612 on: November 01, 2014, 09:23:53 PM »
4 more and some close up shots.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Aqua Trooper 6" - P41 02/11/14
« Reply #613 on: November 01, 2014, 09:36:10 PM »
There is no place where you can hide from the empire.
Ron, your Scuba Trooper looks phenomenal.
Great idea to cover the cloth areas with tissue paper. It looks very realistic in my opinion.

Hats off Sir!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Aqua Trooper 6" - P41 02/11/14
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:17 PM »
Dude your dios are awasome I really like how simple the layouts are. Not too over done. I remember seeing them on Google images and they are actually what inspired me to get into building star wars customs.