Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's - Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise WIP 6" P63 07/07/15  (Read 171786 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Dagobah Dio WIP 6" Update- P37 14/10/14
« Reply #555 on: October 16, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »
Hi All,

Another update.

Pic 14 - The water affects has nearly dried clear ready for the water to be poured.

Pic 15 - Woodland Scenics Realistic Water was mixed with some green paint and a very small amount brown paint. Once poured I added model railway shrubs which were broken up and mixed in with the water.

Pic 16 - The mixer has dried over night and doesn't look very nice but this is the effect you want. And don't worry about the edge looking white it just absorbed some of the Realistic Water and will eventually dry.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Dagobah Dio WIP 6" Update- P37 14/10/14
« Reply #556 on: October 16, 2014, 01:00:39 AM »
Pic 17 - The second layer of Realistic Water was poured this morning and as you can see it looks white but don't worry it will dry clear.

Pic 18 - The Realistic Water has dried and given a great water affect this will dry a little more and another light coat might be needed.

Next up - Painting and weathering R2.

Ron

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Dagobah Dio WIP 6" Update- P38 16/10/14
« Reply #557 on: October 16, 2014, 09:44:05 AM »
Yay! Can't wait.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #558 on: October 17, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »
Ron, your water effects are just fantastic. I don't know how you get them looking so real. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #559 on: October 17, 2014, 03:56:22 AM »
Ron, your water effects are just fantastic. I don't know how you get them looking so real. Off to share.

Cheers Shawn and it took me a long time to get it right but the Woodland Scenics water products sure do help make your water dios pop.

Yay! Can't wait.

The wait is over mate I'll have the how to very shortly.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #560 on: October 17, 2014, 04:06:54 AM »
R2D2 update.

Pic 19 - I first superglued all R2's joints and the removed the little taps from the two forward door hatches and teh top of his head. Once they were removed I sanded the factory seems  with fine sandpaper.

Pic 20 - He was then given a wash of matt black and that was left on for about 30 secs and then the excess was lightly wiped away using a tissue.

Pic 21 - Here he is with the matt black wash wiped away and as you can see the grooves and lines have been semi filled which will be fixed.

Pic 22 - Using a lead pencil get some fine sandpaper and make the pencil tip very sharp and don't throw the excess as you will need it. Once the pencil is sharp go around the grooves and lines and this will make them stand out better and give you a more natural look. With the excess get a drybush paint brush and push it into the excess lead and brush it over the figure.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #561 on: October 17, 2014, 04:15:18 AM »
Pic 23 - Once I have done the lead brushing I started painting the blue and silver areas and and whatever other areas need painting like the eye and lights then. I let it dry and then went over it again with the lead drybrush.

Pic 24 - The figure was then given a thicker drybrush of black brown to give it a dirt look.

Pic 25 - The mud was done by using the same dirt I used for the Dagobah base, it was lightly watered down and a small amout of PVA glue was also mixed in so it would bond together and adhere to the figure. The mud looks wet now but will dry but it will be given a wet look once the whole dio is together.

Next up Dagobah Luke.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Dagobah Dio WIP 6" Update- P38 17/10/14
« Reply #562 on: October 17, 2014, 09:03:17 AM »
Great job Ron. You're making me feel like I need another R2! One clean, one dirty. Haha! Can't wait to see Luke. You gonna make him a training Luke or just Bespin style? Need to find a 6" figure with bare arms that would work.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #563 on: October 17, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »
Great job Ron. You're making me feel like I need another R2! One clean, one dirty. Haha! Can't wait to see Luke. You gonna make him a training Luke or just Bespin style? Need to find a 6" figure with bare arms that would work.

Cheersr mate and I'm the same need to get a few more to do different versions of him plus to repaint for different R2 units, Luke is going to be in Bespin fatigues as I have another one to do as training.

I have used bare arms from the Buffy line of figures for a TOD Indy I did once so I think they will great for a training Luke .

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #564 on: October 18, 2014, 06:19:22 AM »
One can only hope Hasbro will give this type of paint treatment to their six inch R2 one day. It won't come close to this, but wow it looks cool. I can already see this one up on his tippy toes trying to look into Yoda's windown. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #565 on: October 18, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
One can only hope Hasbro will give this type of paint treatment to their six inch R2 one day. It won't come close to this, but wow it looks cool. I can already see this one up on his tippy toes trying to look into Yoda's windown. Off to share.

I really appreciate the kind words thank Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #566 on: October 18, 2014, 04:36:04 PM »
Hi All,

Last WIP tutorial and then the usual outside pics later on today and I have to apologise for the grainy pics my good camera battery went flat and I used a older camera.

Pic 26 - I firstly sanded all the mold seems then I superglued all the joints and the used AVES Fixit Scuplt to cover all the joints.

Pic 27 - I used tissue paper and covered the body, this when paintd will give the outfit a really nice fabric look to it.

Pic 28 - Once the tissue paper was dry I painted the uniform Medium Grey.

Pic 29 - I then gave it a light wash of matt black.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #567 on: October 18, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »
Pic 30 - I then dry brushed the uniform using Medium Grey and the a 50/50 of Medium Grey and Flat White and then once dry a very light drybrush of Khaki

Pic 31 - The boots were painted Dark Brown then drybrushed Beige Brown and the a very very light drybrush of 50/50 mix Beige Brown and Flat White.

Pic 32 - The Skin was painted using Flat Flesh.

Pic 33 - Then once the Flesh has dried for a good 1 hour I then used Burnt Sienna and gave the skin a light wash and then wiped away the excess with a tissue.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #568 on: October 18, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
Pic 34 - I then painted the eyes with a 50/50 mix Flat White and German Grey. I then lightly paint in the pupils using a Dark Blue the a Light Blue. I then give the eyes a light wash of light grey.

NOTE - Don't worry if the eyes look like he is nearly blind once the dull coate goes on and then the gloss for the moisture they will good.

Pic 35 - The hair and eyebrows were painted using Dark Brown.

Pic 36 - The hair was then given a wash of Beige Brown and then once dry it was given a drybrush of Beige Brown then a light drybrush of Dark Sand.

Pic 37 - The Holster was painted using Drak Brown and the it was drybrushed using Saddle Brown, Leather Brown and then Sankebite Leather. The buckles, clips etc were painted Matt Black and the were painted using Mithril Silver.

The Blaster was painted Matt Black and the drybrushed using Gunmetal and the muzzle was drybrushed Mithril Silver. The hand grips were painted Dark Brown and then Drybrushed with Beige Brown.

The Light Saber was painted Matt Black then painted Mithril Silver then given a wash of Matt Black and then Drybrushed with Mithril Silver. I removed the plastic clip attachment and replaced it with a thin metal O-ring.

Nect up - Pics of completed dio.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Dagobah Dio WIP 6" Complete - P38 19/10/14
« Reply #569 on: October 18, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »
More incredible work Ron! That luke is fantastic but  Love the r2 ! cant wait to see this finished .....Art