Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's - Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise WIP 6" P63 07/07/15  (Read 171558 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - 6" Imperial Trooper in Light Recon Armour P33 30/06/14
« Reply #495 on: July 05, 2014, 04:53:37 PM »
I'm always amazed how you put life into a plastic figure

Thanks mate and glad you liked it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #496 on: July 06, 2014, 12:07:41 AM »
In a lot of Stormtrooper units they modify not just their armour but also their weapons to help them in battle. This Trooper depicts the 5th Assualt Group Battalion and he has modified a DLT - 34F Sentry Weapon and which has a extremely high rate of fire power.

RECIPE

Stormtrooper - The Trooper is a Hasbro 6" Stormtrooper and has been superglued at the joints once I got the pose that I wanted and then the joints were puttied up. The binoculars are from the Darth Maul 6" Hasbro Figure and the heavy weapon is from a Hasbro 12" Battle Droid with a few pieces of plasti card added the weapon.

The magazine backpack is from a Madelman astronaut figure and the ammuntion belt is from a 1/18th scale helicopter gunship, the strap was made is using piece of cloth elastic and some O-rings for the connections to the weapon.

Base - Is built up using high denisty foam and then a mix of plaster of paris, fine washed river sand and potty mix and then added to the base. Once dry the mixer was painted and then model railway grass was added. The bushes small clumps of grass from the garden and left to dry and then sprayed with dull coate and then painted and then they were inserted into the base.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:33:27 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #497 on: July 06, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »
few more.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:35:33 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's - 6" Imperial Heavy Weapon Trooper P34 06/07/14
« Reply #498 on: July 06, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »
I like it. Reminds me of that that 12 inch AT-AT Driver Gunner I have that is still one of the favorite parts of my collection. Off to the front page.

Ever think of trying to make a 6" inch AT-AT Driver (or heavy gunner) for this scale?  ;D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #499 on: July 07, 2014, 12:04:16 AM »
I like it. Reminds me of that that 12 inch AT-AT Driver Gunner I have that is still one of the favorite parts of my collection. Off to the front page.

Ever think of trying to make a 6" inch AT-AT Driver (or heavy gunner) for this scale?  ;D

As always thanks heaps Shawn and I'm stoked that you still love the 12 inch AT-AT Gunner. I haven't thought about a AT-AT Driver to e honest but I have thought about doing a 6" AT-AT Gunner as that would e a great scale to do.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
Well I think you would rock that one out hands down. I am really enjoying your six inch work a lot. I think we are getting a TIE Pilot before too long in this scale, but think you could get a cool mix with a Luke Pilot helmet and the sandtrooper or stormy bucket.

Anyhew, really enjoyed your latest gunner.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #501 on: July 08, 2014, 12:49:25 AM »
Well I think you would rock that one out hands down. I am really enjoying your six inch work a lot. I think we are getting a TIE Pilot before too long in this scale, but think you could get a cool mix with a Luke Pilot helmet and the sandtrooper or stormy bucket.

Anyhew, really enjoyed your latest gunner.

Cheers Shawn and I'll have to have a look at the Sandy/Stormy/X-wing helmet and see what I can come up with and thanks for the tip.

Ron
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:40:07 AM by hemble »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2014, 09:24:48 AM »
I'm lost for words.
The figure looks fantastic. I like the ammunition-backpack.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #503 on: July 11, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
I'm lost for words.
The figure looks fantastic. I like the ammunition-backpack.

Thanks heaps buddy.

Ron

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #504 on: July 22, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »
I agree completely with Fiala. Great work on that trooper and his gear. The pose is perfect.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2014, 01:59:48 AM »
I agree completely with Fiala. Great work on that trooper and his gear. The pose is perfect.

Thanks buddy and glad you like it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2014, 02:10:43 AM »
Hi All,

While on patrol Trooper 605-T comes UNDER FIRE from Rebel Troops who have the advantage of being on high ground. 605-T runs for cover across a creek bed while returning fire hoping to make the tree line for cover before he gets hit.

RECIPE

Stormtrooper - The Trooper is a Hasbro 6" Stormtrooper body and a 6" Sandtrooper helmet, I decided to putty up the breathing apparatus and the vents to give the helmet a different style I also added a range finder using the top section of Boba Fett's and some thin plasticard.

I superglued the joints once I got the pose that I wanted and then the joints were puttied up and once the putty was dried I covered them with tissue paper. The karma is some left over leather from another action figure and glued into place, the bandoiler and pouches on his waist are from the Marvels Punisher figure.

The back of the troopers armour was covered with plasticard and then I used pieces from a Warhammer 4OK space marine and some 1/35 scale parts to build the back up.

Base - Is built up using high denisty foam and then I secured the Trooper into the base using superglue and a thin metal rod. A mixed plaster of paris and PVA glue and covered the base and once dry painted the base brown for the soil area and green for the water.

One the paint was dry I covered the soil area with potty mix mixed with some dirt and crunched up leaves and twigs and glued it onto the base. The splash were the left foot is hitting the water and the waves were done by using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and once dry I covered the water area with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water to give it more depth.

The small grass shrubs are from Army Painter and they were placed around the base to give it a realistic look and then the taller pieces of grass are from J's Work and placed on the base by drilling a holes and gluing them into place.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2014, 02:12:13 AM »
4 more.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Hemble's Dio's - 6" Imperial Trooper - Under Fire P34 29/07/14
« Reply #508 on: July 29, 2014, 02:41:20 AM »
Very nice, Ron. Just enough mods to the trooper's outfit and the water effects look great. It's one of my favourite effects in dioramas, from subtle splashes like this, to a battleship surrounded by splashes of shells hitting the water. Still on my to do list as well. And it's such a long list  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - 6" Imperial Trooper - Under Fire P34 29/07/14
« Reply #509 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »
I usually like to use part of the body or upper body when I do a front page update, but I had to use that foot splashing through the water for this one. Wow Ron. You never cease to amaze me. Back to the front page is an understatment.