Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's - Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise WIP 6" P63 07/07/15  (Read 171796 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Snow & Aqua Scouts WIP 6" - P39 20/10/14
« Reply #585 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:32 AM »
Ron, you are killing me here. And I mean absolutely working on me. I love that Hoth Scout. Love it!

I would be remiss though if I didn't use that Aqua Trooper on the front page though. Just so creative!

Thanks Shawn and glad you like both figures buddy and you are going to either hate me or love me with the next WIP figure/dio I'm as well as these two.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Snow & Aqua Scouts WIP 6" - P39 20/10/14
« Reply #586 on: October 20, 2014, 03:56:01 AM »
Hi All,

I decided to start on a third project and this time it's another AT-AT Gunner but this time in 6" this is going to be different from the 3-3/4" & 12" ones I have done as he is not going to be in snow out.

This small cross section dio will depict the gunner on the ready with a few Stormtroopers ready to deploy.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Hemble's Dio's - Snow & Aqua Scouts & AT-AT Gunner WIP 6" - P39-40 20/10/14
« Reply #587 on: October 20, 2014, 04:13:45 AM »
Pardon my french but.... HELL YES.

First of all, your snow scout already looks fantastic.  How did you get that cloth to wrap so nicely around the face? I really need to re-visit mine and do something better for the facewrap.  The cloth I used is just too stiff.  Same for mine's kama.  I made mine so that the cloth aditions were removable in case I wanted to do away with them all together or replace them... after seeing yours I think I need to replace them!

As for the scuba scout.... FREAKING FANTASTIC.  I got goosebumps looking at it.  Never in a million years would I have come up with the idea to use the scout trooper to make a scuba trooper.  Sad thing is the scuba clones were one of my favorite inventions of the prequels, why didn't I think of this!  Dang...  now I want to do a scuba scout too.  These 6 inch customs are becoming a problem for my wallet! 

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #588 on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:26 AM »
Pardon my french but.... HELL YES.

First of all, your snow scout already looks fantastic.  How did you get that cloth to wrap so nicely around the face? I really need to re-visit mine and do something better for the facewrap.  The cloth I used is just too stiff.  Same for mine's kama.  I made mine so that the cloth aditions were removable in case I wanted to do away with them all together or replace them... after seeing yours I think I need to replace them!

As for the scuba scout.... FREAKING FANTASTIC.  I got goosebumps looking at it.  Never in a million years would I have come up with the idea to use the scout trooper to make a scuba trooper.  Sad thing is the scuba clones were one of my favorite inventions of the prequels, why didn't I think of this!  Dang...  now I want to do a scuba scout too.  These 6 inch customs are becoming a problem for my wallet!

Thanks heaps Devin and for the face wrap and kama (thanks mate couldn't think of the name) I picked up some fabric from the local craft shop and cut to size. Once I had the size I wanted for both the face wrap and kama I used material glue and went along the edges and folded it over and left it to dry.

Once dry I the kama was easy I just lefted up the belt and side pouches and superglued them inplace. The face wrap I wanted to go for a snowtrooper feel and I started off by starting at the front of the helmet gluing as I went and doing a small area one side then going to the next till I got to the back and then glued the two halves together.

As for the aqua scout I made a 3-3/4" one years ago and as soon as I got my hands on the scouts I knew one of them was going to become the aqua trooper.

Ron

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #589 on: October 20, 2014, 04:51:37 AM »
I knew you were gonna make that gunner based on the comment you made to Tammer my question is how does the rebel helmet fit on the stormy bucket? Was there sanding involved? Also where the flippers and the tubes come from?

Spud...the scuba trooper is an Eu trooper i think based in the comics it was basicly a scout with flippers.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #590 on: October 20, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
Ron, holy mother of !

Just outstanding. Dont' forget that recipe for that Door Gunner is all I have to say!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #591 on: October 20, 2014, 03:51:10 PM »
Speechless again Ron ! you are on fire keep em coming !!! Art

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #592 on: October 20, 2014, 06:12:34 PM »
Scuba Scout! I love it!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #593 on: October 20, 2014, 11:58:48 PM »
I knew you were gonna make that gunner based on the comment you made to Tammer my question is how does the rebel helmet fit on the stormy bucket? Was there sanding involved? Also where the flippers and the tubes come from?

Spud...the scuba trooper is an Eu trooper i think based in the comics it was basicly a scout with flippers.

I wondered if anyone cottoned on regarding the comment nice pick up mate. As for the two helmets you need to trim the ear pieces off the troopers helemt and sand down the black line above the eyes and the x-wing helmet slid on perfectly.

The flippers, tubing and tanks came from a 6" figure called Madelman you can type it into ebay and you will find them.

Ron, holy mother of !

Just outstanding. Dont' forget that recipe for that Door Gunner is all I have to say!

Damn you guys and your language LOL and no worries about the recipe mate I'll do on the next update for him.

Speechless again Ron ! you are on fire keep em coming !!! Art

Cheers Art and I promise I will.

Scuba Scout! I love it!

Thanks buddy.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #594 on: October 21, 2014, 02:49:13 AM »
Man, that Driver looks fantastic at the top of the front page. Your version will be way better than anything Hasbro might produce years from now!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #595 on: October 21, 2014, 03:34:28 AM »
Man, that Driver looks fantastic at the top of the front page. Your version will be way better than anything Hasbro might produce years from now!

Thanks heaps for the kind words Shawn and I'm doing a little of the body work tonight and will have updates tomorrow night.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #596 on: October 21, 2014, 04:24:33 AM »
looking at the gunner... man that's got to be an expensive figure.  You've got at least 3 different figures mixed into that recipe am I right?

This is my problem with the 6inch line.  I can't bring myself to mix-n-match any of them yet because I can't afford to purchase so many at once!  Not only that but I can't find half of them!  I didn't even realize there was a rebel pilot's helmet for the pilot luke...

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #597 on: October 21, 2014, 05:00:03 AM »
My problem is the inconsistency of the amount of assesories Obiwan only has a lightsaber but Han has 2 guns 2belts and 2 sets of hands. I dont understand how they are both $20

Also I can see and understand what you did to make the figure except the elbows. How are they connected? Of coarse I know your going to putty over the joints so its probably just glued on, but I'm looking to copy and use it as a toy not a statue.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:33:47 AM by krztfr »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #598 on: October 22, 2014, 12:01:58 AM »
looking at the gunner... man that's got to be an expensive figure.  You've got at least 3 different figures mixed into that recipe am I right?

This is my problem with the 6inch line.  I can't bring myself to mix-n-match any of them yet because I can't afford to purchase so many at once!  Not only that but I can't find half of them!  I didn't even realize there was a rebel pilot's helmet for the pilot luke...

That is correct 3 different figures Luke x-wing body/upper arms/ upper legs and knees and helmet, Stormtrooper Helmet/forearms /hands and Scout Trooper boots.

I see it this way what parts from the other figures I don't use I can use them for other projects later on.

My problem is the inconsistency of the amount of assesories Obiwan only has a lightsaber but Han has 2 guns 2belts and 2 sets of hands. I dont understand how they are both $20

Also I can see and understand what you did to make the figure except the elbows. How are they connected? Of coarse I know your going to putty over the joints so its probably just glued on, but I'm looking to copy and use it as a toy not a statue.

Totally agree with you on the pricing of a figure when one figure has more and the other less or nothing how can they justify the same price.

The elbows will be glued soon but I just cut the connection rod that holds them arms and elbows together and then trimmed down the luke connection so it could slide into the troopers elbow.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #599 on: October 25, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »
Hi All,

I wanted to do something different for the Scout Trooper and when I saw HALCION's & spudafett's Snow Scout versions I knew that was the way to go, and thanks for the inspiration guys.

RECIPE

Scout trooper & Speeder - The Trooper and Speeder are from Hasbro. I started on the speeder first and pulled of the rolled cloth at the back and replaced it with a heater generator for when the Scout is riding. The heater generator was done buy using a 3-3/4" Sandtrooper back pack a 12" WW2 German torch and a tube from a 6" figure.

The rifle rack was done by using two hand knives from two 3-3/4" TOD Thuggie Guards and I cut the knife sections off and glued them inplace. I also cut the control panel out and trimmed it down so it would have sit a lot more even on the panel instead of sitting to high up.

The rifle is from the Hasbro Stormtooper and has had strips of cloth wrapped around it so when so it can blend in with the snowy landscape.

The Scout has had a cloth Kama and face cover made out of cloth material cut to size then the were glued into place. The tube from is back and goes under his face cover is from a 6" Madelman Scuba diver and the small circular connection which is for the heater generator tube was done by cutting a thin piece of plasticard and gluing inplace.

The small motion sensor was a 3-3/4" Snow trooper back pack and I cut of a few buttons and repainted a small sreen with some reading on it and the antenna's are thin pieces of plasticard cut to size and then small holes drilled into the back pack and then the antenna's were glued inplace.

Base - is built up using foam core sheets and plaster cloth was used to get a uneven ground cover.  Once dry a mixer of 45/45/10 of PVA glue 45% and Army Painter snow flakes 45% and water 10% were mixed together and I then started to spread it over the base.  Once the snow was dry I sprayed the whole diorama with Matt Varnish and then used Woodland Scenics Realistic water and gave the snow a very light covering to inhence the snowy look to it.

Ron

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:54:29 PM by hemble »