Author Topic: A Day In The Life of The Phat Kid  (Read 26157 times)

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: A Day In The Life of The Phat Kid
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »
real sorry about the loss mate . my dog had cancer in his leg

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »
so sorry to hear that mate  ,we have cats  and when we lose one its hurts just as much as losing a member of the family (heck they ARE a member of the family) my condolences my friend
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »
so sorry the same happened to me a few years back
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »
Sorry to hear the bad news. Take care of yourself and wife, my condolences.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
so sorry to hear that, whish I could help.
take care

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
Sorry to hear that Pat, I am in the same boat as you as I don't have kids but the dogs sure gets treated like one. It's never easy to have to end your time with one.
 Hang in there buddy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »
So sorry to hear that, Pat. I still think about the kitty that I lost earlier this year. I'm not really sad about her loss anymore. I just remember the good times.

Take your time with this one, buddy.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »
that story brought tears to my eyes Pat.... only just been through the same thing with one of our dogs only 2 months ago its still fresh in my mind and only suddenly losing another a week before that one was more of a shock to all of us,
imagine going out side to feed him, calling him and nothing, then going looking for him and finding him lying in a corner still affects me today....
my condolences my friend its always tough to loose a big part of the family, on the bright side i tell my 3 year old that they are on the moon and she can say hello when ever she likes.... so she does it every day when the moon rises without fail
and that brings a smile to my face when she does because i know that they had an effect on her and she will never forget them...

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2010, 04:53:27 AM »
I am facing a similar situation here with one of our pets. It is going to be a devestating loss to our family so I can somewhat associate. My condlences Pat, I wish there was something great I could say, but your remembering of the great times and time will make this loss bearable.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss Pat but remember every living thing has a destiny his was to bring joy and  happiness into you and your wife lives. Dont depair hes in a paradise full of wonder and happiness waiting for the day when youll all be together again.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »
I was wondering where you'd been.  Sorry to hear it was for a sad reason rather than something more joyful.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2010, 04:26:11 PM »
Thanks everyone, for your kind words.  It's getting a bit easier, though I still feel like my home is fractured. I miss him so much, down to the smallest of details, but I don't seem to be dwelling on his final days and moments as much anymore. I just got word that his ashes are on their way home tonight, so that'll be a bit bittersweet; he's home, but it's just not the same.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your loss, Pat.  But it is for the best, and he is no longer in pain. It doesnt make it any easier, I know.
Just this year I have had all 13 of our  fish, our guinnea pig, an uncle, a dear friend, and a grandmother all pass.
My grandmother had stomache cancer they found in February, and she suffered through until the week before Thanksgiving.
Makes for great family holidays.
It is still saddening, but it gets better, and the memories are forever.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:43 AM »
Wow!  I'm back from vacation, and I'm NOT happy about it!  My wife and I decided to go away on an actual vacation for once, the first one since my brother's wedding in 2005!  We opted to go to Disney, because we love it there, and this year marks 10 years since we got married.  Our honeymoon was spent in Disney as well, tying it all together!  I tell you what, Disney really has this whole thing down to an exact science!  We used their magical express transportation from the airport, so we didn't have to get our luggage.  We just headed straight for the bus, checked in at the hotel, and took off for Epcot for lunch at the World Showcase.  By the time we got back later in the afternoon, our luggage was waiting for us in the room.  Unfortunately, they gave us a room with two full size beds, but I called and asked for a King and we were accommodated immediately.  Having that hopper pass means we can go to as many of the parks as we want, as many times as we want.  We enjoyed a little Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion at the Magic Kingdom that night as well, since those are our 2 favorites.  The addition to Captain Jack Sparrow was pretty cool to see!.

That next day, Wednesday, we spent the day at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  I've never been, and it's pretty cool.  The highlight, of course, was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I tell you what, when you round the corner and look down that area, it's just like being in Diagon Alley for sure!  The excellent replications of the town are immaculate, as is Hogwarts itself!  We got in line for the Harry Potter ride inside Hogwarts, and the wait time was about an hour.  It went by quick enough, but then the chaos began.  Once you get INTO Hogwarts, you have to stow any bags or such in a locker there and then get BACK into line somehow.  It's really quite a mess, very little organization at that point.  When we finally got onto the ride, we were so excited, until about 3 seconds into the ride, it stops.  Mechanical problem.  Then they turn on the freaking lights!  After about 10 minutes of that, they start moving the ride again, but no sound or visuals, so I figure they need to fix it longer and are exiting all of us from the ride.  Nope, 15 seconds later, it all kicks in again, so we missed a good 15-20 seconds of the ride.  When the ride is about a minute long, that's a pretty decent chunk!  What ride we did see was very awesome, and I'd have really liked it if perhaps the staff let us go again, or took us back to the front of the line, so we could do the ride correctly.  Instead, we were ushered out the exit, and the wait was now 90 minutes.  The only line longer than that was the one to get into Olivander's Wand Shop!  Apparently, they let in only a few at a time, and then pick 4 from that group to be "fitted" for your own wand.  These are more unique wands than the replicas you can buy in many of the kiosks across Universal, but also flimsier and cheaper.  I did buy myself a Harry Potter wand while there, cast in resin and finely detailed.  You could choose from Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius, Malfoy, Dumbledore, McGonnagal, Voldemort, and I think a couple of others. 

The fog and haze of the morning really lent itself to the feel of Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade/Hogwarts!  The rest of Universal was pretty cool, the Marvel area was incredibly colorful!  They had lots of Marvel Universe figs, but none that I didn't already have, and at $16 each, it was easy to pass up.  We spent the entire day there, and one day was plenty. 

The rest of the trip was such a good time!  I got to ride Tower of Terror a couple of times at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and enjoyed the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular there as well.  Star Tours isn't open yet, and that stinks, because it opens for Star Wars weekends coming up soon.  We went one day to Disney's Animal Kingdom and did the Safari and Jungle Walks.  Those were way too cool!  Rhinos are my favorite animal, and when we got to the white rhino area, two of them walked right in front of our vehicle so we had to stop and wait for them, and there was a baby one there as well!  The only thing we didn't see is the Lions who were sleeping!  Definitely worth going to see!

I tell you what, we couldn't have asked for better weather, and that's a fact.  Mid- to Upper-80s every day, no clouds, no rain, humidity in the lower 60s.  I got a tad burnt on the last day, just walking around the World Showcase!  Coming home to 30s and snow flurries was such a disappointment!  However, we got to come home and see our puppy dog who got her own souvenir and was VERY excited to see us!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2011, 10:01:25 AM »
Awesome shots of the Harry Potter part of ioa, Pat. I need to go back there one of these days.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:16:19 PM by Clonehead »