Author Topic: Legacy R2-X2 BD-52  (Read 10192 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Legacy R2-X2 BD-52
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:08:54 PM »
Scored this one at walmart for $6 marked down from $7.47
R2-X2 was the on-board astromech for Red 10 during the Battle of Yavin and from what little screen time he got, it looks like the colors are spot-on.
  The droid features the normal astromech articulation but to raise and lower the retractable third leg, you twist the dome head clockwise to lower and counterclockwise to raise the third leg. Genious!

My copy included the left leg for the HK-50 figure

Expect this one to be hard to find out there as there are alot of astromech collectors and you can expect an elevated price for this one on ebay.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:47:41 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Legacy R2-X2 BD-52
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »
pics

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
Nice one Clint. I saw him once so far, didn't have enough cash in pocket when I got SS Luke and IG-88. That is my new rule I have to have cast to buy SW not with the credit card. I sure hope to see him for $6 soon.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
Looks like a nice paint job, and I am a sucker for droids so I will be adding this one when I am able to find him, seems the newer waves are a little slow in finding their way up here,

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 04:24:52 PM »
that center leg is articulated  ... i think it is retractable    some of the R4-G9 sculpt figs had sticky center legs  gently but firmly push the center leg in whilst turning the head and see what happens   cos i'm certain from the look of it  it is a R4 sculpt ,dang i want one !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
that center leg is articulated  ... i think it is retractable    some of the R4-G9 sculpt figs had sticky center legs  gently but firmly push the center leg in whilst turning the head and see what happens   cos i'm certain from the look of it  it is a R4 sculpt ,dang i want one !
Uh Jay, you just directed my attention to a feature that I didn't expect on this droid.

When you turn the droid's dome head clockwise, the third leg lowers and when you turn it counter clockwise it raises. This is a cool feature and is alot more dependable than the slotted retractable versions that we have had in the past.

Have any other astromechs had this feature before?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »
the following droids were the same sculpt and hence have the same feature :R2-X2 TLC,R2-X2 EE,R4-G9 ,R4-K5,R2-KT,R4-M6,R4-P17,R2-D2(comic pack),R2-D2 ROTS,R2-B1 TAC,R2-M5 EE,R3-T2 EE,R2-Q2 EE,R2-C4 EE,R2-A6 EE and of course the ARC-170 BP droid (R4-N1) and the droid inc with the TLC Red2 X-wing .

it was first seen in the sneak peek R4-G9 ROTS figure
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:19:36 AM by wraithnine »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »
WOW! I never knew about that feature. Jay you sure do know your droids, brilliant I tell you.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 06:56:12 AM »
they don't call him the astromech god for nothing  ;)

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 08:21:17 AM »
the following droids were the same sculpt and hence have the same feature :R2-X2 TLC,R2-X2 EE,R4-G9 ,R4-K5,R2-KT,R4-M6,R4-P17,R2-D2(comic pack),R2-D2 ROTS,R2-B1 TAC,R2-M5 EE,R3-T2 EE,R2-Q2 EE,R2-C4 EE,R2-A6 EE and of course the ARC-170 BP droid (R4-N1) and the droid inc with the TLC Red2 X-wing ,oh and CB-3D comic pack droid.

it was first seen in the sneak peek R4-G9 ROTS figure
DUDE!  You're a geek.    LOL    please tell me you copied and pasted some of that list and you don't have them ALL memorized off the top of your head.    HAHA

(this mockery comes from a man who can name almost all the trains on the island of Sodor and a lion's share of the major characters having something to do with Howarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry)

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 08:23:13 AM »
I saw this droid at WM the other night but I skipped it.   Yeah its neat but my policy is if I can't find where the astromech is onscreen or at least name the movie it was in, I tend to pass on the figure.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 08:26:13 AM »
I saw this droid at WM the other night but I skipped it.   Yeah its neat but my policy is if I can't find where the astromech is onscreen or at least name the movie it was in, I tend to pass on the figure.

R2-X2  was seen next to artoo in the yavin briefing room and being  lowered into an X-wing in ANH

and yes i DO have all those and could remember because i am foremost an astromech collector .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:55:38 AM »
Good one Clint. I think I got all the new ones loaded up to the fp. I am hating moving some of those to the archives. Jay, that is some good intel.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
so this is a reapaint oh GREAT!!!!!

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
and yes i DO have all those and could remember because i am foremost an astromech collector .
please take that like I was criticizing at all, no, in fact I'm damn impressed that you have all those memorized and can keep it all straight.   I can "name" a dozen or so astro droids, including Whistler whose actual designation I can't remember.   

so this is a reapaint oh GREAT!!!!!
so what?  it's a great mold with no changes needed to it!   plus, well, it was Hasbro that made it and, well, their favorite pastime is repainting toys as many times as they possibly can before the mold breaks.