Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 55661 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »
Well from someone who used to do landscaping for a living its looking good.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
Great looking place Clint.  I love that fountain, I need to make sure I dont show my wife the pics of that fountain. She has been wanting something like that forever. I just can't get caught up on all the jobs I want to do. Ofcourse the cost of material keeps going up too. Anyhow, great looking house and yard.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »
thanks again guys! Yep, Tamer, your wife needs that fountain. I actually like it quite a bit. the sound of the water running is relaxing. It doesnt help that the materiel costs keep going up. I wish now that I would have finished the basement years ago. now, it's just an unfinished Star Wars storage facility.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 03:59:40 PM »
LOL. I hear you Clint on that storage facility basement. I need to get some pics up of my third full bath / rubbermaid collection. I almost forgot, Clamata bud light version has really caught my fancy too. My tummy is almost ready to handle it again!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »
I like the heavier clamato but had a bit too much this last Saturday. I have taken a break from it since. Kind of reminds me of a bloody mary more than a red beer. You filled your 3rd bath with rubbermaids full of SW?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
I was working underneith Kansas City's Union Station, today. We are putting in the foundation and walls for a massive freight elevator in the Station's basement. The wife had fixed one iof my favorite meals last night. Salmon Patties and mac and cheese. Anyway, I had taken two leftover patties in my lunch today and had set my lunchbox on a loading dock upstairs from where we were working. I didnt have a lunch today but when I got home and went to dig those patties out, they were gone. Some scrounger dug into my lunch pail and pilfered my patties! >:( It kind of teed me off.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »
You filled your 3rd bath with rubbermaids full of SW?

That I did Clint. That I did.

That story about your lunch getting pilfered was bad news. What kind of person would go through a guy's lunch box. That is just dirty.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
Yup "Burp" tell your wife those patties were lovely, lol.

But seriously it seems if things arent bolted down nowadays, then they're history, unfortunately.   Mind you I never thought someone would pinch food out of someone elses bait box, damn.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »
I haven't been back to that job yet. I will investigate for sure the next time I go there. those dirty dogs!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »
Security!...set up surveillance immediately, the culprits must be found....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »
I still haven't been back to that job yet. I have been working in a new wing of Shawnee Mission Med Ctr fixing a mess up that another contractor had left. We are furring out the sides of an elevator shaft where the doors are to be by drilling holes into the existing concrete and using epoxy to glue rebar in place to be poured into concrete later.  The previous contractor had missed the correct locations of the door openings by about a foot. It's inside work wich is nice for a change but it is physical stuff. My morning started with my step-brother and I packing about 150+ lbs of tools and materiels up 6-7 flights of stairs. The drilling is very dusty work and may have been the partial cause of my eye infection on Sat. Today was the last day that we will be working there and I am glad.
    Going to the lake this coming weekend. I can't wait! More fishing and swimming time! We will be able to pick up some more of those farm fresh tomatoes that I have been missing so much.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »
I hate eye infections. Hate em. The joys of having contacts. Sounds like a great weekend planned. Catch a big one and put us some more pics up on the fishing thread. I sure haven't done my part going fishing this summer. Oh well, something always seemed to come up. I have tomatoes just getting ripe, feel free to stop by and pick some!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 02:57:04 PM »
We were schedualed to go to the lake this weekend but as it is to rain everyday, I don't think that we will make the trip.
   On top of that,  I discovered that the heater in my car isn't working. the fan blows but no hot air comes out. I will have to scheduale a time to get it to the dealership. I'm glad that I found out now, before it got too cold.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
Thats a bummer on both fronts Clint. I know that Lake place sure seemed fun. Who knows maybe the weatherman will be wrong! You are sure correct on the heater thing, glad you didnt have an early blizzard and find that out. I had to get two new snow tires myself.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »
Hey Clint, check the thermostat first.  It's about $10 at the auto parts store, and all you have to do is drain the radiator, remove the hose, change out the thermostat, and replace the hose and refill it.  It's an easy fix, and generally the reason for lack of heat.  Garages charge upwards of $100 to do the same.  Just y two cents though, I'm not an actual mechanic...but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...