Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 55236 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »
I owned a Tacoma since 1996 and that truck rocked. It was a stud period. Plus the toyota has the best mp in the model I need.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »
I do not doubt that they make a good dependable truck. What kind of mpg are we talking about?
  I hear you, Chad! you would think that they would be drilling everywhere for that black gold. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
since I need a four door double access cab we are talking low end 21 mpg and high end 27 and even 29 by some reports. I don't necassarily believe that, but its a ton better than other similar America made offerings in comparison to Chevy Colorado and Ford Sport Trac.  Plus the off road suspension system is designed to actually go off road and the undercarriage is protected with an engine skid plate, a gas skid plate, and a front skid plate.  I also like the standard V6 towing package that comes on the trd off road models.  They have a trd sport package that looks good, but the trd off road is the real winner.  I kinda sound like a commercial. Believe you me, I have done a ton of research, actually the past two years.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
Well, I bought and installed the K&N air filter into the Magnum on Wed. It's supposed to allow for an extra 100 cubic ft of air per min. I cant tell that it's improved my milage or power that much. The guy at the auto parts store gave me a price of $105 for the off brand bra that they had. I told him that I would have to shop around and ended up buying one of my brand bras off of ebay last night for $63 shipped. some kind of factory direct shipment allowed for the good price.
  Trying to talk my wifey into going to see batman, tonight but she is leaning twards roast tonight and batman tomorrow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »
At least you can talk your wifey into a movie, I havent seen one since our little gal was born. I am not taking no for an answer when the Clone Wars comes out though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »
Went to Batman and liked it alot. Then I took the wife on a SW shopping spree all over the Independance area. We then stopped at a less than favorable Steak and Shake for an early dinner.
  We had a great time in Branson last weekend. We ended up going to the Wax muesem, riding the ducks,playing Miniture golf, going to the waterfront, and we went to see a music show for the first time in all the years that we have been going there. We went to see the Liverpool Legends, a very good Beatles impersonator group that were found and managed by George Harrison's older sister. Man, they really blew us away and put on a great show that lasted about two hours. If you ever get a chance to get to Branson, you got to check these guys out!
  Here are a couple of pics:
the first is of one of the ducks spelled DUKW short for something military as these amphibious vehicles were used in WW2 and Korea, I think.
  the second is a pic of a Darth Maul and Padme statue that was in the lower level of the wax muesem.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »
Sounds like you had a fun weekend.  They have those ducks at wisconsin dells, they seem quite fun.  Now that there dam burst this summer they are all high and dry.  Been to the wax museum in vegas and its amazing how lifelike the can be.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »
looks like a fun time Clint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
Got rained out today. It was the most my new sump pump ran since I installed it as we got about 4 inches.
  Made a trip to the wife's walmart to splurge on SW and to take her out to lunch. Got some Warhawk playing in today, as well.
  Going to the Odessa Elem job, tomorrow to play foreman for a couple of days while it's foreman takes his vacation.
Looking forward to going to the Lake this weekend even though it's supposed to be hot. hopfully I catch some bigger fish this time.
  The wife's dad had his surgery to remove his bladder today. We have heard that it's going well but his 5 hr surgery still isn't over yet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »
Wow! It takes that long to take a gall bladder out? Hope he is ok Clint!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 02:37:14 PM »
His surgery started at 1;00 and he didn't get out till 6:30. They pulled two lymph nodes as well. He is doing good and is expected to be released in under 10 days.
  Today went ok. It was real foggy this morning and the operator didn't dig footings as it was too muddy so we just pre-built rebar beams all day. It's supposed to get to 95 tomorrow and 99 on Sat. It should be real muggy. Hopefully the fish are biting but as a back-up plan, I plan to go swimming.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:59 PM »
Clint, seems like your weather is like ours up here the past week, hot and humid!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
good back up plan Clint.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 08:30:08 AM »
In EC the gas is about 3.69 to 3.99 as well, depending where you go, and thats just for regular gas, I dont want to imagine the price for the Super and Premium.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 03:30:37 PM »
Cimter! Im glad to hear from you! Our gas is slowly dropping and is now sitting at $3.59. Down at the lake, it was a dime cheaper which is kind of odd.nusually it is higher down there.
  Well we went fishing Fri night, Sat night, and Sunday morning. It was so hot Sunday that we would fish till we got hot and then jump in the lake to cool down. We did that back and forth 3-4 times for 4 hrs and finially had enough. We caught several catfish, perch, and a couple of bass. Man, on her first cast of the day, the wife's bobber dissapeared right when it hit the water next to a nearby dock and she hauled in a whopper of a channel cat. I'll bet it was a 10 pounder! It's the biggest fish that she has ever caught. I will post a pic in the sports thread. I was reading 102 degrees on the way home, today. Tomorrow is going to be a scorcher at work. I will have to drink lots of water.