Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 54702 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Clonehead's world
« on: June 16, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The wife and I cleaned out the garage Sat afternoon. Man, it looks soo much better. the wife had picked me up some plastic shelving and cabnet units for my anniverssary gift and I put them to good use.
We ended up throwing quite a bit of stuff away. Man, the trash man is going to hate me come tomorrow.
  Monday afternoon, we cleaned out her little anniverssary fountain, trimmed the lilac, and trimmed some branches off of the Maple and the Pinoak.
  My brother is moving back to Nashville from California and is currently over at my Mom's with his family. After work tomorrow, the wife and I are going to make the 1 1/2 hr trip to my Dad's in Clinton to see them and eat dinner.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
Sounds like a pretty nice day in the yard and garage with the wife!  Very cool. Enjoy dinner with the fam tomorrow!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »
sounds like things are going good Clint, and you are getting a lot of work done!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »
I started on my basement cleanout project on Sunday. I don't think that it looks like I accomplished that much but I did cart out 5 boxes full of cardboard and 5 boxes of stuff for the goodwill. I couldn't believe how much Star
wars stuff that had piled up over the last few years. And no, none of that went out although I plan on ditching all of the opener's boxes that I have been holding onto. The next step down there, is to replace my existing sump pump with a new sump pump and emergancy battery powered backup pump that I bought with my tax rebate check.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »
For a minute there I thought you threw out Star Wars! I can see the need to clean out and make room. It is a constant battle for me too. I really need to get a sump pump too. Knock on wood my basement has only flooded once due to "igonorance", but I have a good drain in it. Still not a bad idea to have a pump though. Glad to hear things are going good though Clint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »
Well, I got the new sump pump with the emergancy battery back-up pump installed and working. I had to return the battery that I originally bought as it turned out to be a used one that someone had returned. They are shipped from the factory dry with acid to be added later. When I went to add the acid, low and behold, the battery was already full. And when I hooked that one up, it was deader than a doornail. The new one works great though.  The backup pump came with a monitoring console that will let you know when the power is out, when the battery needs water or is dead, and when the backup is in use, when you only have 30 min left of battery power.
  We had a pretty good 4th. I cooked ribs on the grill and the wife, i, and our neighbors set up lawn chairs on my driveway and shot and watched fireworks.  Then on Sat, we went down to Clinton and seen their Glory Days parade with my Dad. It was a great parade and lasted about 1 1/2 hours. A local car dealer had an 09 SRT8 Challenger that was in the parade and at the car show afterword. List price $37,000.00  price as equiped $41,000.00  est. MPG 12 city, 18 hwy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
sounds like a good fourth. That sump pump sounds nice. I think I will have to pass on that car, but sure sounds sweet. I bet Wayne would like that one too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »
Got in a full week this week. Worked at the KC Chiefs new training center on Thursday morning right next to Arrowhead Stadium. It was a big place and featured an inside and an outside practice field.
  We started a new clinic next to the Shawnee Mission Medical center in KCK, today. It looks to be a decent sized job so perhaps I will be there for a while.
  I am taking off next Friday and am going to take the wifey to Branson for the weekend. I don't know what we will do but I am sure that it will be fun.  I will have to shoot some pics of the trip.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:08 AM »
Isn't Bransen turning into the new Nashville or something like that? Sounds like a fun trip.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 08:56:50 AM »
Oh yeah! Its like a cross inbetween Nashville and Vegas, cept with out so much gambling. Lots of musical shows and other attractions. We go check out something different every time. I think this time, we are to check out the Hollywood Wax musem and perhaps Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, kind of a rodeo and dinner show.
  the wife just found out that her dad has got bladder cancer which is what we were afraid of. He just had two small tumors removed last week.  To try to take her mind off of it, I think I will take her to the KC River Market and the Steamboat Arabia musem in downtown KC, today.  If theres time, we might go to see Hellboy 2 afterwords.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »
Man, that daggone cancer is something they have just got to figure out. Give your wife my regards Clint. Have fun, I forget Hellboy was on this weekend. I would love to go see it. Maybe if I get my mowing done this evening I can go tomorrow afternoon even if it is by myself.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »
The steamboat meusem was cool and the river market was interesting. Took the wife to a fancy Chinese cafe, there. She didnt like the chopsticks. Didn't make it to see Hellboy but I am hoping for Batman, this weekend. I'm starting a new job tomorrow at Odessa which could be closer but oh well, at least it's work. Two more days and I'm headed for Branson.
  Gas in my town just hit $4.09 with no sign of relief. My car-pooling partner is experimenting with extracting hydrogen from water thru electrolisis and running it into his trucks intake. So far, he has only experienced mild success and the difference in his milage isnt that much as of yet. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »
Sorry to hear that Hellboy II wasn't viewed. I didnt get to see it either. I did watch the first one on TV. I hear you on that gas thing. It has my whole outlook on what I am driving changing.  Something just has to give.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »
What made y0u decide on the toyo, if you dont mind me asking. You know, being a union man, I'm not supposed to condone the purchase of an import. I do still have my eye on that Ferrarri, of course. ^-^

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
Gas here is still holding at around $3.99.  Can't seem to imagine why they won't start drilling anywhere and everywhere.