Author Topic: New snowspeeder sculpt?  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: New snowspeeder sculpt?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »
I'm guessing a foot.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
Is that a new harpoon canon?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »
I'm guessing newer pics of the last released version too...or at least I hope so.  I was under the impression from things Hasbro has said in the past that this would be a smaller (so despite the scale direction we're used to getting) more scale accurate sculpt.  I'd need a figure in the picture rather than a ruler to be more sure, but this looks like the same basic mold we've seen since the early 80s--just with some possible mods here and there.  So...not the snowspeeder I was hoping for.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
boxed images
thanks to jedinews.co.uk for these images

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:42:14 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
Sweet NFC! That looks great. Kinda wierd seeing a clonetrooper on front of the box, but I like the overall design.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
Here's a shot of the final deco.
thanks to jedinews.co.uk for this shot

This looks pretty sharp to me. The differences from the old version arnt as easy to see as some of the new tooled vehicles that we have had.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
Wow, it seems pretty daggone sleek to me, seems flatter more movie accurate. I thought the harpoon cannon deserved a refit, but it doesn't seem to me by the pic to have recieved one. I like it though. Man, lets hope we see some new shots of the atat tomorrow. Thanks for the update folks. I am gonna need you guys to keep doing that as my home and work comptuers are biting the dust this week.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »
Can do buddy. I too, am excited to see what is unveiled tomorrow at the UK toyfair.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
Thanks for providing these pics.  The rear box pictures showing a pilot figure within the cockpit actually alleviated some of my fears that this speeder sculpt wasn't going to be smaller than the previous.  Recalling the open canopy on the previous sculpt revealed almost the entire figure except for its feet, this one by contrast seems to reveal only from the torso up.  The AT-AT may have dropped from my "purchase-on-sight" list; but this one still shows promise.  Woo-hoo! 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 09:00:45 AM »
I'll have to see more shots of this one, but to me it looks JUST like the last version we got, with modified paint.  Sculpt seems to be the same.  Again, I can't really tell that well, so perhaps I'm just off my rocker.  Still, I've been wanting to do some customs of these, so now's my chance!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
I'll have to see more shots of this one, but to me it looks JUST like the last version we got, with modified paint.  Sculpt seems to be the same.  Again, I can't really tell that well, so perhaps I'm just off my rocker.  Still, I've been wanting to do some customs of these, so now's my chance!

That's what I thought at first.  But again, if you take a good look at the photo depicting the back of the box and how the pilot sits inside, and how much of the figure that is covered up by the ship (for lack of a better phrase), it appears to be different.  Old sculpt with the canopy open and a figure in the pilot seat, the outer portion of the ship would cover at most the feet of the figure.  Again, this one looks different in that at least the lower half of the figure is concealed.  If this is true, the ship would be smaller.  Then again, it could be wishful thinking and I'm seeing what I want to see.   :-\

Offline clones are awesome

• Commander
  • fear! fear attracts the fearful fear is my aly.
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »
Cool new packaging and it looks pretty nice.

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 05:13:49 AM »
It looks different to me other than Paint.

Nothing major though.

I'll get one for the right price.  :D
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Why does it show the Harpoon gun from the old sculpt on the front of the box, if it doesn't have the same old design?

One might also ask why does the front and back boxed photos have different harpoon guns depicted too.   The picture on the front looks to be an artist's rendition of the toy rather than the toy itself--this is important to remember.  I agree that there are tons of signs pointing to this being the same old design.  I am disheartened the general proportions of the ship itself even look identical to the old sculpt--i.e too wide in my eye.  I certainly don't intend to be that guy who says "Oh these photos definitely indicate such-and-such", merely stating there may still be some hope this is the foretold smaller sculpt Hasbro has indicated they were working on.  Then again, yes, it could definitely be the same old design.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
Quoted from jeditemplearchives.com concerning the new snowspeeder:

"LUKE SKYWALKER'S SNOWSPEEDER - In stores Aug. '10
The new snowspeeder was first announced in a September 2008 Q&A session with JTA , and the staff here has been eagerly awaiting it ever since. This new version is scaled much more like the vehicle in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, which interestingly enough is actually SMALLER than the vintage toy that has been the basis for several modern era reissues. The new mold also features projectile firing cannons, stabilizer flaps and two interchangeable harpoon guns. One harpoon gun is movie accurate and the other features a firing tow cable for play with your AT-AT walker. "