Author Topic: jlw515's Custom Vehicles  (Read 26869 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: jlw515's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
Oh my I have missed this thread for far too long. Amazing work, love the Defiant conversion, the Y wing is stunning, just so much custom goodness on display!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 07:21:54 AM »
Wow did I have some fun delving into this today. Your modifications to my favorite vehicle look just outstanding. I wish Hasbro would give us some new side cannons for the new ATATs. Marvelous work.

I love your Executor Scenes too. Heck I like it all. I have got to get this on the front page.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:37 AM »
Wow did I have some fun delving into this today. Your modifications to my favorite vehicle look just outstanding. I wish Hasbro would give us some new side cannons for the new ATATs. Marvelous work.

I love your Executor Scenes too. Heck I like it all. I have got to get this on the front page.

Thanks! Yeah, I wish Hasbro would have offerred "movie accurate" side guns to interchange with the "missle firing" guns. I got those vintage guns from Darklord (Roberto) over at Rebelscum. And I got the angled "wings" from my old POTF2 AT-AT. Seems Alex Newborn asked me for some kind of part from the POTF2 AT-AT seeing as how I just gutted it out and parted it for misc. diorama fodder.

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »
It is definitely a very realistic fix. Dark Lord is very well known to us here. Last time I checked he was building a better Boba.

By the way, if you are still in possession of the side cannons on that potf2 atat I could sure use some.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
I like your use of the old G.I. Joe base for a SW base. I might try that for a Rishi Moon outpost dio/playset.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »
I like your use of the old G.I. Joe base for a SW base. I might try that for a Rishi Moon outpost dio/playset.

The cool thing about that base is that I've mixed and matched pieces for various backgrounds for my photonovel.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »
It is definitely a very realistic fix. Dark Lord is very well known to us here. Last time I checked he was building a better Boba.

By the way, if you are still in possession of the side cannons on that potf2 atat I could sure use some.

I think I've still got them! I'll have to look. Of course they will be missing the side "wings."  I basically gutted that old POTF2 AT-AT to use as diorama filler for my photonovel. In fact the underbelly of that POTF2 AT-AT is one of the backgrounds in the next chapter. Alex Newborn had contacted me about the door. I sent that to him; that was last year.

Yeah, Roberto (Dark Lord) was working on a "better Boba" which inspired my custom Boba Fett. He took ill for a while and couldn't inhale paint fumes; so I don't know if customizing is indefinitely on the backburner or not. By the way, he is a HUGE Batman fan!

Jason

Offline Darklord1967

• Roberto DARKLORD Williams
  • Ensign
  • Peace, Love, Elegance, and Excellence to all!
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »

Yeah, Roberto (Dark Lord) was working on a "better Boba" which inspired my custom Boba Fett. He took ill for a while and couldn't inhale paint fumes; so I don't know if customizing is indefinitely on the backburner or not. By the way, he is a HUGE Batman fan!

Jason

Sheesh!  I KNEW my ears were burnin'!   ;D    Tamer buddy! , If ya still need those POTF2 AT-AT side guns, I can dig up a pair for ya (minus the side shields)

I'm just about ready to jump right back into the world of STAR WARS customzing now that I've got a clean bill of health, AND I've switched to much less toxic paints and glues!

I've missed ya Jason, buddy, so we'll be catching up again VERY shortly!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:28:53 PM by Darklord1967 »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 04:28:14 AM »
good to hear you'll be back mate !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
Hey its Dark Lord, heck yes man. I will take as many of the side cannons as you can give me. I have about four walkers that are incomplete because of said side guns.

And I didn't even know you were ill. Sorry to hear about that, but glad you are back in action. PM incoming.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »

Jedi/Republic speeder repaint to cover insignia & add weathering

Ep. 1 Flash speeder repaint to resemble the Stormtrooper speeder from the Holiday Special

Speeder tank made from GIJOE Wolverine. Found the Wolverine at a yard sale for $1.00. It was missing the missle launcher boxes. I used the side gun from Dash Rendar's Outrider for the tank cannon. I removed the tank treads and added extendible PVC couplings for turbo jets. I weathered the front using the "salt weathering" method. This really adds detail to weathering! Really pleased on how this one turned out!!

Jason

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
really great vehicles!!

Offline RebelScum1138

• Ensign
  • Come to the Dark Side! (we have cookies!)
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 02:08:59 PM »
Sweet vehicles!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Hey, I missed this. Look for it to show up on the front page soon.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »
Very nice work Jason! I love that Joe vehicle mod.