Author Topic: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 1-16-2024 Custom TESB BOBA FETT  (Read 46941 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Well now, I don't know whats better news these great new custom figures or a new photo-novel using them! I am off to share. Just excellent figures here.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Just getting into Joes these are really great, I can't wait to see more.

Ron

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Thanks guys for the comments. Customizing Joes has definitely been refreshing in the aftermath of Hasbro's Star Wars debacle! Not to bag on SW collecting, but after seeing the first run of peg warming Black Series figures, I am glad I cut and run when I did! One thing I'm really liking about customizing Joe stuff is that basically sine the 25th Anniv figures came out back around 05 the body construction for figures has remained the same. It's way easier to swap parts, and the figures come with much more accessories. My wife almost freaked out when I started selling off my SW collection, and I had to convince her that GI Joe was just as much a part of my youth as Star Wars.

I've still got to finish the last chapter of my SW photonovel before I start the Joe novel, but that will all still be later this year - probably December.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Bump to the head of class in case some Joe Fans have missed these.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 8-3-14 GIJoe & OG13
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2014, 10:07:58 AM »
Slowly but surely I am working on putting together a G.I. Joe diostory/photonovel. This will all be total fan fiction based on my own “Joeverse.” Elements from the comics, cartoons, and movies will find their way into my Joeverse. My G.I. Joe team consists of all ’82 to ’84 figures, but from ’85 onward it gets sporadic (not a big fan of Bazooka or Quick Kick). Anyway, here is my first GROUP of customs (some of these have been seen before, or variations of). G.I. Joe and the OG13 (I’ve even customized their file cards to make them less time specific, and to give more a variety of military branches).

cont...

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »
cont...

Comments & critiques encouraged!!

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
I bought a HUGE parts lot from a local Arkansan GI Joe customizer who was basically getting out of the hobby. I basically hit the mother load of parts & vehicles. I think so far I have customized/rebuilt 60 to maybe even 100 figures. I've rebuilt a lot of Cobra officers/troopers. I've also been fortunate enough to sell/trade Star Wars ships & figures for G.I. Joe figures/vehicles. Special shout out to Luke Sprywalker for hooking me up with some Joe stuff!! We won't get into the Valentine's Day wrapping paper I put in your box of astromech droids I sent you. Shhh... It'll be our little secret!! HA!

Before anyone can ask, the final chapter of the SW Vader's Quest photonovel has been put on the extreme back burner. If & when it gets done, I don't think it'll be an action figure photonovel. I may just try my hand at drawing the last issue. I'm a pretty good artist, and have always wanted to draw my own comic. But again that is on the extreme back burner - sorry Lance - (I barely find time to customize between family, work, college - starting Greek grammar I this fall!!, & church - "sleep" what is that?!)

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »
Wow, great update. I remember a couple, but most seemed new to me. Back on the main pages.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »
I must say I am very impressed by these Joes. I'm not crazy about Bazooka either, but I do like Quick Kick. :)
Are you going to give us some Cobra too?

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »
Maybe it's because I'm not as knowledgeable about GI-Joes, but if you hadn't said these were customs, I'd have just assumed another wave of Joes had been released. Great work! Great job replicating the feel of the Joe File Cards!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2014, 05:49:43 AM »
I must say I am very impressed by these Joes. I'm not crazy about Bazooka either, but I do like Quick Kick. :)
Are you going to give us some Cobra too?

I've already got some custom Cobra villians done. I'll have to take time to photograph them. So far I have Scrap-Iron, Destro, and Baroness (and variations of the Baroness).

My favorite Cobra uniform is the original with the helmet and face scarf. I'm not into all the different "Vipers" so really my Cobra team is made up of a buch of different colored soldiers in the same uniform. I have "re-built" many Cobra figures from the big parts lot I bought.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2014, 05:50:31 AM »
Maybe it's because I'm not as knowledgeable about GI-Joes, but if you hadn't said these were customs, I'd have just assumed another wave of Joes had been released. Great work! Great job replicating the feel of the Joe File Cards!

WOW! That's an awesome compliment! Thanks.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2014, 05:51:09 AM »
Here are my Class of ’83 customs for my Joeverse. Some of these are basic parts swaps just to look more like the ’83 character. For example, I love the POC Snow Job, but to make him look more like his ’83 outfit he simply needed a coat with a hood up. Also, I envision a character like Doc to be more of a base surgeon, not a field medic. I also “fixed” his file card. The ’83 card had his 2nd MOS as “Chaplain’s Assistant” which is basically a gun-toting body guard for the Chaplain. Well, you can’t be non-combatant AND a Chaplain’s Assistant. Given that his rank was Captain, I think they probably meant for Doc to be a Chaplain (which have officer’s rank). Ace I wanted to look more like a Raptor pilot. The Cover Girl custom is a variation of a custom I did earlier. My favorite custom of this bunch is Gung-Ho. The 8pt cover from Ragin’ Spoon totally makes this custom!! Much thanks to Ragin’ Spoon for hooking me up!!

My bad! The beret didn’t come from Avac’s Lab, it came from Vortious Custom Accessories

Comments & critiques encouraged

Jason

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 8-6-14 Class of '83
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »
That's an impressive lineup there.
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 8-6-14 Class of '83
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2014, 07:22:23 AM »
Very nice, love the custom work as well as the graphic work and the file cards. Off to share.