Author Topic: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 1-16-2024 Custom TESB BOBA FETT  (Read 47221 times)

Offline YakFace

• Commander
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 1-4-13 Secret Santa Com. Kurgan SPOILER
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »
really love this figure! So cool looking with that retro paint job I would love to get that in the mail.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
Thanks guys for all the comments!! This custom is not as complicated as some, but it was really fun to do. In fact I'm currently working on another version similar to this. I'm also working on an updated Vintage-esque "Kenner Snaggletooth." I'm using a Takeel head from the old POTF2 Cantina 3pk. I've painted it grey with black hair and red eyes. I've got the body painted, just got to do a little more work with my Dremel (special thanks to my wife for buying me a new one for Christmas! I had my old one for years and the brushes and switch finally went out! So, I've had several custom projects on the back burner because of no Dremel) and then I'll be done.

Thanks again for the comments, they really mean a lot!

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:10 AM »
I would be putting this on the front page, but don't know if I would be ruining the surpsrise for Volker. Nice work.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 07:23:42 PM »
I would be putting this on the front page, but don't know if I would be ruining the surpsrise for Volker. Nice work.

I know it's really late, but you can put it on the front page if you like. Apparently both of our Secret Santa gifts got lost in the mail somewhere :(

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 5-22-12 GI Joe Customs
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
Well as many of you know, I’ve gotten away from Star Wars customs and have started working on some G.I. Joe customs. I think the Joe custom bug bit me when I made a simple Baroness custom from a figure I got from Mr. Black on ISY.

Head: Hoth Leia w/ Baroness hair & glasses
Body: ROC Baroness

Lady Jaye, my all time favorite female Joe!

Head: Medical Frigate Leia face w/ Angelforge custom cast helmet & hair
Torso & Upper Arms: DVD Cartoon Lady Jaye
Arms & Hands: Retaliation Lady Jaye
Legs: Renegades Scarlett
Holster, Pocket, Knee Pads: DG Cobra Soldier

My hat is off to those of you who can successfully paint the eyes of the Angelforge custom head sculpt. I tried and knew I would never get the results I wanted. Plus, I'm pretty good with a Dremel. So, I removed the hair from Frigate Leia, leaving almost a mask. Then Dremelled the face away from the Angelforge cast leaving the hat & hair. I am sooo pleased with the results. Now, if I can find the 30th box set Lady Jaye at a decent price, I can use my custom head with that body and have (IMHO) the perfect Lady Jaye.

G.I. Jane, this is basically a repaint of my “Librarian Princess Leia” with a Retaliation Lady Jaye head.

I know a lot of people have complained about the ROC Cover Girl head sculpt, but I like it. It looks a lot like the Sunbow cartoon Cover Girl

Recipe:
Head: ROC Cover Girl
Chest: Marvel female
Arms, Jacket: Indiana Jones
Hands: ROC Scarlett
Pelvis, Legs: Retaliation Lady Jaye

Scarlett, the original female Joe!

Recipe:
Head: Black Widow w/ Resolute Scarlett hair
Body: Resolute Scarlett
Knife: Retaliation Mouse

You will notice that I have made custom file cards for the Joe members. This is to kind of update them with info on modern military schools & weapons. Guns like UZIs, MAC-10s, & M-3A1 “Grease Guns” are no longer used.

Comments & Critiques encouraged

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures Update 5-22-13 GI Joe Customs
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
Ok, I’ve got some news that’s probably going to be disappointing to some of you, but I feel obligated to make this announcement. I am officially turning in my resignation as a Star Wars collector/customizer. With the recent slump in Star Wars toys, coupled with the weak showing of what’s expected for 2013, I have in the meantime started collecting modern G.I. Joe figures. I was very excited at what Hasbro has to offer later in the year in the G.I. Joe line.

I was a huge G.I. Joe fan from 1982 to about 1987. Read the comics, played with the toys, etc. Modern G.I. Joe collecting has even gotten me interested in reading G.I. Joe comics again. I am currently reading the Hama series (which picks up from the old Marvel series) and the new IDW series (that has the character Hash Tag).

I REALLY want to take on the project of putting together a U.S.S. Flagg, which is going to be an expensive project. So I have decided to sell off my Star Wars collection, which will include custom figures & ships. I will start listing ships/vehicles for sale first on both Yakface & Imperial Ship Yards. This will include such custom ships as my custom Big Millennium Falcon (which will include TWO mini ships and pilot Han & copilot Chewie), custom Y-Wings, custom Red 5 X-Wing (from Trench set), etc. If I don’t get any response from these forums, I’ll list them on ebay.

So, be on the lookout soon for a list of custom ships/vehicles for sale, or if you see something on my custom page(s) that you are interested in send me a PM.

Oh, by the way (and this is the really disappointing news), but my Photonovel “Vader’s Quest” is hereby cancelled – not postponed or put on the back burner, but cancelled. I’m very sorry, but that is how frustrated I am with Star Wars collecting. But not to leave a cliff hanger ending to the last chapter, I’ll briefly tell you some of my thoughts as to where I wanted “Vader’s Quest” to

Anyway, to the fans of “Vader’s Quest” I deeply apologize, but I have no plans to continue the series. I actually am making plans of starting a G.I. Joe photonovel late this year or early 2014. My interest in G.I. Joes is limited compared to Star Wars. If it was OT Star Wars, I was buying it! But there’s only about 40 to 50 Joe characters I like, and even less Cobras. I’ve got (what I think is) this cool idea for a Joe photonovel, but it will be a story with a beginning, middle, and end; not an ongoing series.

I’ll still post pics of custom G.I. Joe stuff, and will even post the photonovel when I start it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jason
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:53:46 AM by jlw515 »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »
Bummer to hear about your disappointment in SW.  I feel your pain.  Too bad Hasbro cancelled the Build-A-Droid line.  I still hope there will be a Mara Jade coming out as she was part of the BAD line.  We'll see.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2013, 02:49:31 AM »
I can understand this and it angers me.

I don't blame you one bit for walking away from SW AF at least as far as Hasbro is concerned. GG, Sideshow, and Kotobukiya now I am getting way more enjoyment from than Hasbro. I think we have all been very patient with Hasbro for quite a long time, but I keep hoping someday maybe Hasbro will improve their SW Offerings again and maybe you will change your mind.

That being said, your update is on the front page. Love your graphic work in addition to your great custom work. You are doing marvelous things with Leia heads. Hopefully you can salvage some of your SW Figures into very useable JOE parts. I will be looking for your for sale threads. I have always been known to by an TESB ship or two.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2013, 05:29:36 AM »
Thanks Tamer! Pretty much, even if Hasbro was to offer a Cantina playset with exclusive Tonnika Twins action figures I'd probably still pass. If any of you have ever been through a divorce, you'll understand this statement: there's not enough good Hasbro/Disney can do to the franchise to make up for the bad. So I'm done.

When I start offering the biggest ships first, it'll be some good deals. I'm planning on including extra figures with the big ships.

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »
Well I am always on the lookout for Walkers.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »
Well Lance Quazar has made a desperate appeal that I at least make one final chapter to attempt (my words not his) to wrap up the story of Vader's Quest. So I deleted part of my post above, hopefully too many people haven't read it. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:01 AM »
Awesome news!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »
Well I hate to read this but can understand totally. I too have become a big Joe fan, again, and I love customizing them. I am glad Lance messaged you! I also hope you can make one last chapter, it is always great to see a story finished. I will be glad to check out this new Joe photo novel when you get to it. Great looking figures and I love that lady Jay! All of the dremel work/plastic surgery looks perfect!

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
Spry,

I would love to see what you can do for Joe dioramas! Ive got some ideas I'm going to be working on in the next few months.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: jlw515 Custom Figures 9-21-13 GI Joe custom figures
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
Here are some Joe customs I have been working on recently. If everything works out, I will be starting a photonovel (dio-story to Joe fans) later this year. So, I have been acquiring the Joe figures I want for my team and working on new file cards. I like to keep the outfits/clothing close to the original look but with a few things updated. Most of these are easy customs with just some slight things added and washes done to the actual figure.

Sgt. Slaughter
Body: Retaliation 3pk Roadblock
Head: Angelforge

Hawk
Body: 25th DVD Pack Hawk
Head: DG Duke
Hawk to me is the epitome of professional military leadership. He joined the Army with the goal of becoming a General & ultimately working for the Pentegon.

Roadblock:
Body: Retaliation Roadblock
Head: Resolute Roadblock w/ custom neck post
Backpack: Iron Grenadier (w/ box turned around)
Gun & Gunbelt: Ret. Roadblock

Rock n Roll:
Head: Thor
Body: Bench Press
Tactical Vest: Custom from Flint vest & Desert Fox vest
Backpack & Ammo belt: Ret. 3pk Roadblock
Minigun: Valor vs Venom Roadblock (had it for YEARS!)

Falcon:
Web Gear: DG Cobra
Neckerchief: Comic Pack Lt. Falcon (I think) – I got it from a Stalker figure I bought on ebay
Everything else: Marauder Lt. Falcon

Stalker:
Head: 25th Stalker
Body: Ret. 3pk Beach Head
Tactical Vest: Ret. Joe Trooper

Gung-Ho:
Head: SW Endor Trooper
Body: Ret. Joe Colton
Vest: Ret. 3pk Roadblock
Backpack: 25th Gung-Ho
Boonie Hat: Bench Press (I do plan to add a Marine Cap later)

Shockwave:
Body: Comic Pack Firefly
Tactical Vest: Ret. 3pk Beach Head
Hat: SW Fleet Trooper

Breaker:
Head: Bench Press
Body: DG Shipwreck
Fore Arms: POC Duke
Rolled Sleeves: SO Duke
Web Gear: 25th Stalker
Helmet: DG Duke
Headset: ARAH Breaker
Backpack: SW Endor Trooper

Short Fuze:
Tactical Vest: Ret. 3pk Cobra Paratrooper
Glasses: Spylounge.net figure
Backpack: Ret. Lady Jaye
Mortar: ARAH Accessory Set (grey – painted black)
Everything Else: DG Duke

Zap – I never realized Zap was supposed to be Puerto Rican until I (recently) read GI JOE Declassified! As a child of the 80s I guess I didn’t pick up on the last name.

Head: Ret. Roadblock
Body, Helmet: DG Duke
Hands: DG Shipwreck
Tactical Vest: Kick Start
Bazooka/Backpack: Ret. Lady Jaye
LAW/Backpack: 25th Bazooka

Steeler:
Head: POC Ace
Body: Kick Start
Web Gear: 25th Steeler
Helmet/Rangefinder: Custom I bought on ebay

Clutch: