Author Topic: Hasbro Contest was wrong  (Read 2446 times)

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
Hasbro Contest was wrong
« on: December 02, 2009, 05:36:19 PM »
The contest was to use Clone Wars stuff for the Diorama according to the SD comic con and the ones they used are the Legacy figures and the scenes were all from the Star Wars IV, V and VI does any body call on these people to make a diorama from what they asked for. I have a Cone Wars Diorama that I submitted and didn't see if they even saw it among the dioramas.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Contest was wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »
The rules that I read on Hasbro's site stated that you could make a scene from any of the star wars movies. From the sdcc presentation, I could tell that they were pushing the Clone Wars stuff but since next year is the Anniversary for TESB, I figured they would give special attention to any dioramas centering around that movie.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »
At SD Comic Con they put more information onthe New Clone Wars line and wanted to make sure the used vehicles in the line to make the dioramas

It's called the 2009 STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS DIORAMA CONTEST I don't really care but it's funny that somebody won on older Star Wars  movies
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:58:35 PM by jtrooper »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
I have a thread somewhere where I posted that and to be honest I can't recall right now.  I don't remember a specific movie focus, but it sure did look like a Clone Wars motiff was being pushed.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 06:31:46 PM »
Which was part of the reason I didn't bother trying.  I haven't seen the Clone Wars yet.

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 07:53:35 PM »
I hear ya Jtrooper... We feel the same way, we went all out to build ours and I think it's silly that besides the one, the others were "CLONE WARS DIORAMAS"  Where's a link to your entry, did it make the top 5? I can't believe the Sith reunion made it to the top 5... nothing against the guy who made it, but really... that couldn't have been one of the best.

Most of those were built years ago, a quick search on Rebelscum and you can find I think all of them, some from way back as 2004ish? I mean... really... :(

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:36:05 AM »
Yes,

I thought I saw the carbon freeze only years ago and also the Sand people village

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 08:30:18 AM »
The carbon freeze was actually a diff guy, the Sandperson was form a couple years ago, the Aalla Secura one was old, the hoth one, while I'm not sure how old, there was nothing but old figures in there and not even the BMF but the old falcon, so I'm guessing it was made pre-BMF.. and then maybe fininshed for the contest... the reunion... while it was funny... "no comment" on it being in the top 5..

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 04:34:08 PM »
The carbon freeze was actually a diff guy, the Sandperson was form a couple years ago, the Aalla Secura one was old, the hoth one, while I'm not sure how old, there was nothing but old figures in there and not even the BMF but the old falcon, so I'm guessing it was made pre-BMF.. and then maybe fininshed for the contest... the reunion... while it was funny... "no comment" on it being in the top 5..

sounds like a case of sour grapes.  But really, you guys should have known better, hasbro has no taste, :)

I think a jedi reunion would have been funnier, just a bunch of empty jedi robes on hangers, maybe at a dry cleaner, lol.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
it was a load of crap how they say clone wars contest and I go and make an amazing ryloth like scenario battle and get beat out of the contest by the sith reunion or non clone wars battles or such
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"