Author Topic: Favorite Mando  (Read 26446 times)

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
Re: Favorite Mando
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
While Boba Fett is high on my list, him being a Mando was something we were unaware of until the EU. My favourite Mandalorian has to be Mandalore the Indomitable, a character featured in the TotJ comics. That was the first time we really saw what the Mandalorians were capable of.
You got a point he is really amazing.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 08:09:21 AM »
I'd have to say Boba, but if you think about it, he's not really a mandalorian.  I mean, sure he wears the armor, but he never "actually" was a mandalorian.  Was Jango one?  In the clone wars episode it said he just stole the armor, but I think there was a comic where he was with a group of mandos?  Correct me if I'm wrong, though.  But, I know he does become a "Mando" later on in the Y Vong war, I think.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 08:17:50 AM »
Well, to reference the Republic Commando books, which added a TON to Star Wars lore, Mandalorian refers not to a species, necessarily, but to a way of life.  There ARE a species of humans who are Mandalorian, but they way they adopt others allows for anyone of any species to be mandalorian.  Jango was Concordian, of Concord Dawn.  Boba was a clone of Jango, born on Kamino, but would still retain Jango's genes.  Kal Skirata was born on Kuat.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »
pats got a point !  ;D

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
I think it has more to do with a conscious decision to follow a set of beliefs.... a way of life if you will.... more than being born someplace with a set of genomes or genes.
Being born somwhere can make you a citizen or member of a culture, but that doesnt make you a "true believer"... a blind follower...
We are a compilation of  our experiences... both learned first hand and through a secondary means like books or word of mouth... but we are not guaranteed to be what others before us were.
You choose a religion, you choose a hair style, you choose your own lifestyle.... but you choose these things of your own free will. Not because it is all you know or have experienced or have been "programmed" to believe to be normal.
My parents were both "flower children".... but I am no hippy myself.
The belief or feeling of belonging... being a part of something bigger than yourself... that can be a huge influence on choices and decisions.
What you choose today will not always be what you will choose tomorrow.
The clones trained by Mandalorians became Mandos, Corellians gained Correllian beliefs, and so on. But these were learned beliefs formed in a very closed society. Not much choice there.
And how many clones exactly did they say chose to leave or go awol or whatever you want to call it? Less than one percent... millions of clones and they chose to stay with what they knew.
But once given a taste of freedom and a few choices and being allowed to make their own decisions,  the result was drasticly different although they chose to stay together.

It is a choice to live a certain way... a  following of beliefs...  Not genetics or place of birth.

Boba Fett is Mandalorian by upbringing and belief, If not by action. Not a communal person, selfish and self centered, I before all else. Not a truly Mandalorian way of thinking or behaving. But then Jango was not your archtypical Mandalorian either. A loner (Boba)was raised by a loner Jango). Both chose to be Mandalore when confronted with a crisis, to benefit their culture and ensure the survival of their culture.
If that does not make them Mandalorian, then nothing does. And they were both Mandalorian when it could be a death sentence to be so.... I guess that helped them become the efficient killers they were and to achieve and maintain the level fear their names would result in.

End of rant... for now.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 04:11:53 AM »
well i dont beilieve that the nulls and rcs were actually mandalorian ..yes at points they wore the armour but being a clone of jango means there all concordian blooded am i right but my favoroute mando is fan fiction and that is my freinds mando mercs character invyiic fett a cousin who was born on mandalore

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
actually after reading rc 501st novel id say kom'rk hes cool O0 O0

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
  • "I will sharpen my teeth upon this boy's bones!"
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
Boba fett.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
If I had too choose any sect, person, people too be, it would be mandos....period.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 06:11:44 AM »
wade tay'haai , close second , fan fiction , mandalore the vengefull

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2010, 06:29:30 AM »
When I first replied to this, it was before I read the RC novels.  Now that I have, I would have to say that Kal Skirata is my favorite, with Walon Vau close behind, followed by Ordo.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline commander william

• commander william 1 arftrooper battlaion
  • Ensign
  • when you mess with me perpare to lose
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 11:21:55 AM »
i like all
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:24:19 AM by commander william »
its hard too say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep

Offline Mandoforlife

• Mandoforlife
  • Cadet
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
Hmm mine is boba fett or darman skirata mostly fett 
Most people dont get us mando'ade we battle for glory and honor

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »
Boba Fett, hands down.  bbfet
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
BOBA OF COURSE bbfet bbfet bbfet bbfet
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot