Author Topic: FialaFernbrugg's customs (Merry Christmas 12/25/21, page 82)  (Read 160111 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: FialaFernbrugg's customs
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2010, 09:56:31 AM »

spudafett:
Thanks mate. I wish Hasbro give us more bases for the figures. Some figs are really hard to stand like the Gungan Warrior. It's the same on the articulation. All Joe figs have great articulation and all Joe figs come with a base. Same company different quality.

I'm a firm believer that hasbro does the things they do with joe figs because it is "tradition" that joes be articulated AND come with a stand, and a file card.  This is standard since the line was developed back in the day...  Fans of the gi-joe line, and collectors would throw a fit if the quality, and traditional aspect of the figures was changed...

star wars figures however have ALWAYS been plaugued with changes.  Hasbro is so focused on making "movie acurate" figures that the things we want are lost, stands, articulation, better accessories... hasbro spends too much on the tooling costs of making 100 different versions of the same character as well.  Their joe line has been standardized and parts are used over and over with only one or two new pieces required for a different figure.  This makes costs for new figures lower on their end because they don't have to build new molds.... 
if hasbro would scrap their entire star wars line and start from scratch using the recipe they have with their new joe lines, I think we'd all be a little happier.

I totally  agree. It's a fact that every Star Wars line is different. The Force Unleashed line comes with a stand, most of the others not. Some figs like Commander Gree from the the Legacy Collection have excellent articulation others not and so on. I think Hasbro make this changes on every figure (choins, weapon boxes, BAD parts and so on)to keep the figures attractive for us but I would prefer to see  a standarized concept on all the figures. I know it is not possible to make a ultra articulation on every character but why is there no articulation in the legs on Cad Bane and some other CW figures. The Gree articulation on every realistic-style Clone , leg articulation on every CW character and a stand with ervery figure and I would be the happiest collector.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
they claim that articulation adds to their "tooling cost" and that they don't put in articulation because "kids don't care about articulation" and by not adding it they keep the cost down...
but wait...  the cost down for who? cuz figures keep going UP IN PRICE?! and DOWN IN QUALITY?

I understand that tooling all the joints and parts is more expensive, but instead of making new molds/tools for every single figure they could standardize it like they have with the joe line and save money and keep the articulation! 

If they want to cut corners with the figure then they should at least include extra accessories with the figure to make up for it.  The legacy collection figures with the weopons locker idea was fantastic!  I would rather see that than a stupid BAD part...  I know BAD parts are what drives alot of their sales because people will by a realy crappy figure just to finish their BAD.  however, I would rather see a playset, or single carded BAD's instead.

which brings up another issue, why NOT bring back the Build-A-Droid vintage factory? or at least something similar, and include a slew of BAD parts that have already been offered previously, this time being all together!?  I know I'd buy it!

ok... sorry for the ranting thread jack.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2010, 10:31:26 AM »
Devin, put that in the form of a question and I will ask it our next round of Hasbro Q and A's.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
Devin, put that in the form of a question and I will ask it our next round of Hasbro Q and A's.
DO IT. DO IT.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #289 on: February 14, 2010, 12:34:33 AM »
video update:

The YouTube video for the NBC defence trooper:

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #290 on: February 27, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »
Here is the vide for my Clone Wars Clone Assassin custom. I hope it will help if you make your own.

YouTube video:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
Nice job on that video, Fiala! you laid it right out for us with that easy to follow tutorial.
On the front page.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #292 on: February 27, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »
Nice job on that video, Fiala! you laid it right out for us with that easy to follow tutorial.
On the front page.

No problem Clint, I'm glad that you like it mate.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2010, 06:06:17 AM »
Sweet tutorial Fiala. Thanks for showing us how to make our own.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:24 AM »
Great figure and thanks for the video.

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
Fiala, these customs are, as NFC usualy says, 9 kinds of awesome! :)
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2010, 09:02:24 AM »
Kazdan Paratus

Kazdan Paratus was an Aleena Jedi Knight and General who fought in the Clone Wars and survived Order 66.
In his early life and work towards the Jedi Trials, Paratus did not possess the detachment most Jedi needed in order to pass the Jedi Trials, instead preferring to hole himself in his room and to build droids for the Jedi Temple, to aid in training Padawans. After completing the Trials with his machines, Paratus was appointed a Jedi Knight of the Galactic Republic.
Approximately 16 years after Order 66, the insane Jedi was discovered by Darth Vader, who sent his apprentice, Galen Marek on a mission to eliminate the Aleena Jedi on Raxus Prime.
(wookiepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kazdan_Paratus)

I hope you like it guys.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:32:03 PM by FialaFernbrugg »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »
Thats a hell of a character  you never cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with love it bro!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
Very nice job. I love this character!