Author Topic: FialaFernbrugg's customs (Merry Christmas 12/25/21, page 82)  (Read 161090 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: FialaFernbrugg's customs (Imperial Shock Trooper video 02/17/18, page 76)
« Reply #1140 on: April 22, 2018, 01:03:08 AM »
Shoretrooper Captain

Coastal defender stormtroopers, more commonly known as shoretroopers, were a specialized variant of the Galactic Empire's stormtroopers trained and equipped for combat in tropical environments.
[wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coastal_defender_stormtrooper]

Here is my modified 3 3/4" 5POA Shoretrooper.

Added articulation:
-swivel wrists
-bendable elbows

Colours for the repaint:
-Humbrol WW1 blue matt 109 (thanks again for the great colour Darth More)
-Revell Lufthansa yellow silk 310

Weathering:
-AK enamel wash for yellow german vehicles
-brown pigments
-pencil
-fine black permanent marker

E-22 modifications:
-shoulder strap
-wiring around the scope
-fine red details

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: FialaFernbrugg's customs (Shoretrooper Captain 04/22/18, page 77)
« Reply #1141 on: April 22, 2018, 04:48:17 AM »
Wow, that is one awesome looking trooper. You really did some awesome paint and mod work on this one. Love the blaster too. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1142 on: April 22, 2018, 05:53:05 AM »
I actually haven't had much time to look at the picture closely since you shared it with me last week.
Since then I had been waiting for your post on here to see and read the full story about this project.
Over the last days I kept checking back on here if you had found the time to share this awesome sutom with us, yet. I was very curious you know ;) I even checked the forum this morning because I know you're an early bird!
It was a nice coincidence that Havoc_Hobby shared two Shoretrooper customs last weekend, too! It's obvious that the design of these coastal defender stormtroopers has become very popular since Rougue One! I love it, too, and I have to admit that Hasbro's sculpts are well done! If their "action" figures only had more than 5 points of fun for 8 bucks...

Talking about details: The details in paint apps on your Shoretrooper are nice and clean as always! The weathering highlights all the details on this great sculpt! And of course the added articulation makes it a perfect army-builder as we know it from the good old days.
I'm still not a fan of 5POA and I porbably never will. But they are a nice opportunity for Original Vintage Collectors to revive their childhood nostalgia for themselves and their children.

I'm always glad to see that you find good use for my legacy of model building equipment.

Thank you so much for sharing! Both of your Shoretrooper customs is stunningly well done and definitely made my Sunday even nicer!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 05:55:06 AM by Darth More »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1143 on: April 22, 2018, 03:36:53 PM »
Damn impressive work on the Shoretroopers mate not only are the mods amazing so is the paint work and weathering 10/10.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1144 on: April 26, 2018, 10:34:13 PM »
Wow! The Shoretrooper turned out absolutely excellent! Great paint apps and the blaster looks fantastic.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1145 on: April 27, 2018, 02:17:57 AM »
Yeah, I was looking at this again this morning. The weathering on this is just flat out perfect too.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #1146 on: April 28, 2018, 01:13:24 AM »
Wow, that is one awesome looking trooper. You really did some awesome paint and mod work on this one. Love the blaster too. Off to share.

Thank you so much my friend.

I actually haven't had much time to look at the picture closely since you shared it with me last week.
Since then I had been waiting for your post on here to see and read the full story about this project.
Over the last days I kept checking back on here if you had found the time to share this awesome sutom with us, yet. I was very curious you know ;) I even checked the forum this morning because I know you're an early bird!
It was a nice coincidence that Havoc_Hobby shared two Shoretrooper customs last weekend, too! It's obvious that the design of these coastal defender stormtroopers has become very popular since Rougue One! I love it, too, and I have to admit that Hasbro's sculpts are well done! If their "action" figures only had more than 5 points of fun for 8 bucks...
Talking about details: The details in paint apps on your Shoretrooper are nice and clean as always! The weathering highlights all the details on this great sculpt! And of course the added articulation makes it a perfect army-builder as we know it from the good old days.
I'm still not a fan of 5POA and I porbably never will. But they are a nice opportunity for Original Vintage Collectors to revive their childhood nostalgia for themselves and their children.
I'm always glad to see that you find good use for my legacy of model building equipment.
Thank you so much for sharing! Both of your Shoretrooper customs is stunningly well done and definitely made my Sunday even nicer!
- Philipp
Thank you very much my friend. I agree with you. I'm also not really a fan of the 5POA figures and I would prefer fully articulated figures but the 5POA figures are nicely detailed and affordable. With a little bit of work you can create a nice figure out of them.

Damn impressive work on the Shoretroopers mate not only are the mods amazing so is the paint work and weathering 10/10.
Ron
Thank you very much my friend. A comment like that from the master of weathering means a lot to me.

Wow! The Shoretrooper turned out absolutely excellent! Great paint apps and the blaster looks fantastic.
Thank you very much Starchaser

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #1147 on: May 26, 2018, 01:30:56 AM »
SHORETROOPER SQUAD LEADER

Modified and weathered 3 3/4" 5POA Shoretrooper Squad Leader from the Rogue One 2-Pack with Moroff.

Added articulation:
-swivel wrists
-bendable elbows

Weathering:
-AK enamel wash for yellow german vehicles
-brown pigments
-pencil
-fine black permanent marker

E-11 modifications:
-unfolded buttstock
-fore sights made out of wire

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: FialaFernbrugg's customs (Shoretrooper Squad Leader 05/26/18, page 77)
« Reply #1148 on: May 26, 2018, 06:06:38 AM »
Well, with the Squad Leader I think your series of Shoretroopers is complete, isn't it?

I think it's most remarkable how you make plastic look like authentic fabric! I mean look at the pants of these troopers! With the added weathering they all look as if they were taken right off screen! The modified E-11 looks great, too!

Also your pictures are taken and edited very well, too! Don't need to mention anymore how awesome I find the added articulation of your 5 POA figures...this will look good on the frontpages.
Most impressive work my friend!

Thanks a ton for sharing and have a great weekend!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:08:15 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1149 on: May 26, 2018, 10:21:47 AM »
Very, very nice. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1150 on: May 26, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
Awesome job on the Shoretroopers mate 10/10

Ron

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #1151 on: May 29, 2018, 04:19:17 AM »
Excellent paint apps, agree with Hembling 10/10.  Looking forward to more .....

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #1152 on: May 29, 2018, 05:08:36 AM »
I very much like the design of the shore trooper and your paint job really adds life to them!!!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1154 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:25 PM »
Wow! Another great figure with an outstanding paint job! You have a most excellent shoretrooper squad now.