Author Topic: New Years Custom Contest  (Read 17022 times)

Offline clonecommanderjay

• another clonecommanderjay custom
  • Ensign
  • Mando'ad draar digu
Re: New Years Custom Contest
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
guys iv never read the books lol i dnt do reading haha i just cant get in to reading a book lol

so is it basically a diorama to do with the republic commando theme ()rr

Mando'ad draar digu

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »
Well you can get the short story by looking on the wiki or wookiepedias, 

It really is a great story and the contest was a way to give Karen Treviss a send off, ISY style. We will miss her writting style and fantastic character development in the Star Wars universe.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »
I have an idea already!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »
Just make sure to keep the idea to yoursleves,  NO Spoliers

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 07:52:03 PM »
Kandosii!

I'm a HUGE Traviss fan, well, mainly her RC and IC work, just finished Imp Commando: 501st Can't wait.. but in away, I don't want the next(last) book to come.. I mean, sigh.. then there's no more. It wouldn't be the same if someone else picked it up.  If you're not a book person, see if you can find the Audio novels(if they make them).. then just listen to it while driving to work/school or whatever.. seriously.. just sit down and read them, lol.. throw the first book on top of your toilet and read it next time you gotta drop one and you'll never want to leave(please do)...

I got into a discussion over this a little while ago with a friend. He said he didn't like the books cause there's no Luke, or Obi-Wan, Anakin, Vader... etc. You know what? After a couple chapers, you won't care. Seriously, I didn't think I'd get into it.. I was hooked and could barely wait for each and every new release... I'm not one of those book guys that reads a book in a couple of days, I usually read one or two a month... but with the RC novels.. I'd find myself taking it to work, in the crapper, heck, even just sitting on the couch watching the Bears loose, I'd be reading it.  I don't know what it is about them that I like so much.. I like most of the SW books for just being SW.. other books I read, cause I have an interest in the medium... but with these, I actually feel myself emotionally connected to the characters and feel for them, whether it's the whole family like Father/brotherhood connection Kal shares with his boys, or the way the Commandos are made to feel like real life individuals instead of random clone fodder(meat cans, lol), I dunno.. I'm not a book reviewer, but if I was, I'd def give these books 4 THUMBS UP! Seriously... do yourself a favor and READ THEM!!!

When I first started reading the first book, I was instantly hooked and got the game and played it.. I loved the music in it... they had a site for it and you could listen to the tracks, but then after a couple years, the site was taken down... finally a couple years ago I found this site:
http://www.clonecommandos.net/music/index.php

You can download the whole soundtrack... DO IT! Listen to it while you customize.. seriously... might give you that boost you needed to finish that one custom.. and next thing you know, you'll be singing "Vode An" at work, lol..

Anyway.. I'm psyched about this.. more to see what everyone does, but also to finally kick my rear into gear to make some Mando customs/vehicles/dioramas... etc...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mando%27a

There's a link to some Mando'a words/phrases.. learn it.. I'll be quizzing you all in a couple months...

-Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »
PS- If you're a Halo nut, a book just came out with a collection of short stories and one is by Karen Traviss... ;)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 09:39:56 PM »
my 4yo girl sings Vode An...

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »
how cool is that Doc!! should record it and put on the tube lol

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 05:12:53 AM »
Very cool idea for a contest. I need to do a quick scan of the different chapters, but I think I have an idea already. I'll check your vid when I get home, Wraith.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
wow this will be  very cool to see all of the entries!!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
I am lost on this one guys. I have never read the novels so I need to look around on the wiki I guess. Hopefully I will figure something out.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
Just make sure to keep the idea to yoursleves,  NO Spoliers

I will be sure to for two reasons: One, it's the rule, but two I really want to keep it to myself.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »
i really must get her books  they sound ace!    but i'm knee deep in 40k heresy novels at the moment
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
Once you start these and get into them, you won't regret it. they are great

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »
You know, I've been thinking about the anonymity nature of this contest. I'm all for it, don't get me wrong. But being a guy who's been making and checking out customs for a couple of years now, it's quite easy for me to see who made the custom, just by the style of photography. I myself mostly use a black piece of paper as a background and often have pictures that are a tad under exposed, darker. Others make inserts of their pics and put those in a larger pic, whereas more others have a particular background item.

So, is there a guideline or rule for the pictures? For example, I think it isn't too much trouble for anyone to place their work in front of  an even coloured piece of A3 paper or something like that.

:)

Oh, and it's strictly limited to Karen's novels right? The RC game's off limits?