Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 16200 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Marvel Legends
« on: June 15, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
Well, I do think Hasbro has effectively killed this line off.  Toybiz may have only released about 2 waves per year themselves, but they were of good quality, and findable.  Even the chase figures could be found at retail.  Now, it takes quite a bit to find these.  Hasbro has also chosen to use the Legends line to promote the movies and have done poorly with the standard lines.  Now, it looks like at some point this year, there are going to be 2-3 exclusive waves?  I think I'm done with these for the most part.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
it does look like hasbro has killed these off. at sdcc they revealed their 3 and 3/4 line. they said they were looking for a way to keep the line going but after this year there would be no more build-a-figures for the time being. i still plan on getting the ones coming out for the rest of the year.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 05:41:48 PM »
I may or may not.  I'm just not thrilled with Hasbro's approach to these...higher prices, lower standards, poorer products.  I may get the 3 3/4" line, depending on how they look when I see them in hand.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
Guys I havent seen any of these for awhile.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »
yup same here, ...thank goodness..lol

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 12:45:05 AM »
I'm not sure this was entirely Hasbro's fault. I thinks sales were falling before Hasbro got the license. I was always seeing lots of pegwarmers. I think the problem for me was the lack of focus for the line. It seemed to me they never knew what area of the Marvel Universe they should spotlight and made more obscure costumes for the most popular characters while filling outeach wave with third tier characters.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 01:28:19 AM »
Well they never filled pegs here. very limited runs indeed with next to no warning when waves were incoming...relied a lot on overseas to obtain what i currently have. (ta Shawn and Pat) but now i'm going to move on from them....

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »
if anyone is still collecting these i read on marvelousnews that the target exclusive red hulk wave is showing up.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 02:52:11 AM »
anyone want mine? trading if anyone wants any? I just can't see me getting back into this line....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 05:44:23 AM »
I am seeing a few of these on clearance at my walmarts. The Human Torch, White witch, banshee and there is this unleashed 12inch Green Goblin that looks pretty cool. It really is a shame this line is not being stocked like it used to be. I sure do prefer Marvel to DC characters.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 01:08:21 PM »
anyone want mine? trading if anyone wants any? I just can't see me getting back into this line....
which ones do u have and r they carded or loose?

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 06:51:04 AM »
All loose and mainly Toybiz ones..What are you after? Send us a PM and i'll check for you...

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 07:23:03 AM »
picked up spidey, both wolverines, union jack, spiral, and adam warlock from the red hulk wave. only need silver savage now. only 2 negatives, these r now $15 a piece and adam warlock who is supposed to be gold is caucasian.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 03:43:39 PM »
I saw the Ares Wal-Mart Exclusive wave the other day, and consider me underwhelmed.  Another Spiderman.  Another Iron Man.  A repainted Ultimate Iron Man.  Another Vision?  Crossbones and Kang were a nice addition to the villain line up, but the rest were useless.  I passed on them all.  By the way, the Spider-Man has 2 different poses in the packaging, so be on the lookout for that if you're into that sort of thing.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
i got the toyfair fans choice aoa sunfire. very nice. he is a translucent yellow instead of the plain yellow.