Author Topic: Clone General's Blog  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
Clone General's Blog
« on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Everything I do on a day to day basis is here.

• Commander
Re: Clone General's Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
Today wasn't your ordinary Thanksgiving. Dad had a flashback of the war and called my Uncle Terry's unit a " Pussy Seconds Platoon", meaning that they would mop up the mess after a battle and take credit for everything. Then, My son and I had a conversation about flashbacks and how they affect me. My dad also grabbed his pistol and started shooting things in my front yard. Thanksgiving was ruined, yet again, because of Vietnam.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »
geez, CG, that's a hell of a story, holiday or no

wow

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »
I know, I thought Iraq and Afghanistan brought me bad flashbacks, he shoved my son to the ground and said, " Come on troop, we're in the shit now, do you think charlie cares if you can't move fast enough?!" I had to slap my dad just to get him to snap out of it.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
Man, CG, I can only imagine.  I'm sorry to hear about the flashbacks, they must be torture.

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
Yeah, my dad was over in Vietnam for 4 years and Every single thanksgiving except for '91 and '04 was ruined because of the war.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
Wow.  That's terrible.  While I wasn't alive to know of that period, history has shown that our country never really took care of those poor souls, and I fear the same is happening to our troops now.

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »
All I know is, my wife and I had a conversation about why I left when she had to take care of two children. I told her that my country needed me and that I couldn't refuse to go because of orders. She said she sat up every night for two years, September  2001- December 2003 worrying that my name would be on the casualty list. I was in '03 and that wound haunts me every time I look at it. I was awarded the bronze star for what, dragging a guy who died in my arms behind a tank? I didn't deserve it but, I took it. I try not to talk about it but, it just haunts me all of he time.

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 01:12:19 AM »
I am going to start writing in some of my letters I wrote home from Iraq/Afghanistan. So, let me know which types you guys want to see.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 06:48:24 AM »
I'll be looking forward to that.  I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving, still.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 07:33:36 AM »
Interesting idea,  "letters to home"   This is your blog so share what ever you wish,     I never sent much back home in terms of letters,

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 09:11:37 AM »
Here is a letter that I sent my wife in November 2002 from Afghanistan.

"Dear April,

How are the kids? How are you? My company takes casualties pretty much every month. A kid from back home, Private Gregory, was killed in action a few hours ago. The other day our convoy was hit by an IED. I am sorry for making you worry, I just feel like writing home, I'll call when I get the chance to go to Kandahar. Tell the kids I love them, and why their daddy has to go fight in this war. Like I told you April, orders are orders, I have to do what Bush orders me to. This is all I can bear to write but, I just want to let you all know that I love you, and that I'm fighting and killing just to get home to you three.

Love,
       Brian.
2LT Boatman, Brian      B Company, 508th Regiment, 82nd Airborne.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:42:17 PM by Clone_General_1977 »

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »
Today, my wife's parents came in from Ireland to see us. They'll be here for about two months. They are nice people though. Michael showed my father-in-law his star wars collection which, he was amused by. We went fishing and I caught a 9 pound catfish. Megan, my daughter caught a 38 pound drumfish! Pretty impressive to see your own 14 year old daughter catch a fish that big. Michael, my son only caught three perch, little fish. Then we took Michael to guitar leesons smelling like fish. He takes guitar lessons from the guy who showed me how to play when I was 10 years old, Kenny Cordray, the guy who wrote the song "Francine" for ZZ Top. I started working on Commander Ganch and a Shadow Company Sergeant today. My daughter is making Clone Trooper Sqwauk (unbeleiveably). Then we had dinner with my wife's parents. That is about all that happened today.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 08:36:05 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Ganch and Squawk!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »
Here is the letter I wrote my wife from the hospital in Fellujah, Iraq in December 2003.

Dear April,

I am coming home tommorow. My wound has healed dramatically. Tell the kids that daddy is going to be home for Christmas. I wonder how you felt when it came on the news that  I was wounded. Actually you know what, don't tell the kids I'm coming home, I want to surprise them. Are your parents coming in for Christmas? We can't go to Ireland. It will take us too long to pack all of the kids' things they want to take, and it's 10 days till Christmas. This letter is short because I want to see and say what I've saved up to your beautiful face. I might get there before the letter but, just treasure this letter. Tell the kids one thing, I love them. I love you too April. Let's hope that I get back before the letter.
Love,
          Brian

Capt. Boatman, Brian       508th Pir. Regiment  82nd Airborne