Author Topic: Recon's Blog and my 1955 Chevy build  (Read 8608 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Recon's Blog
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »
1100 watts, holy cow, Wayne! That would be a good window rattler come video game time. Sorry about all the snow that you got. I hope next time that it's not my turn to get dumped on. I will have to check but my guess is that I won't get the Packers game tomorrow. Too bad as I would love to see em whip their Bear rivals.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 02:29:58 PM »
As you can see I don;t update a blog often,

3 months since my last entry,

Still a little unevenful but that is a good thing, just waiting for spring so I can get my garage going again, I have a few projects to get to.  My Dad's 34 will be back from paint later this month and then I have to put the thing back together again, fun but time consuming,

I need to get working on my GS, winter was productive in buying new parts, so hopefully the body work will be done this summer, I am welding in new floor pans, rear quarters and then mini-tubbing the rear.

Other than work still sucking and my neighboor being a Freaking lowlife looser pervert, things are good ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 04:57:05 PM »
It's been forever since I posted in here but what have I been up to, well mainly work and building another of my cars,

More details to come but here are some teasers,

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
The 55 has a 496 cubic inch BBC, should make right around 550-575 HP without nitrous and I have a 250 hp system for it, 400 trans, 9 inch ford rear end,  The car is being done 100% by myself so it has been slow going, the body is done, just waiting for paint after everything else is done mechanically. I switched it over to 4 wheel disc brakes, power rack steering, tubular a-arms, 2 inch dropped coils, I still need to add a sway bar,    Interior is not done, will be a black and grey leather and tweed, Everything is new thus far, still about 2 years from being done, but the body was the biggest thing, it was done on a rotisery with all new metal where needed so now it has become a full size model kit ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
Wow Wayne, that looks awesome. You built that whole thing from the ground up? Wow.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Man, she's a beaut!  What a nice looking ride.  Looking forward to more WIPs!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
Yep thus far everything except the finishing of the body work and teh primer was done by me,  I even modified a new stock tank to accept my AN lines. It's time consuming but it is my escape when work gets to stressfull. I was able to "work" the firewall in with some heat and a hammer ;) so now my engine has the clearance needed. Prior to this it was very tight near the drivers side when I put on my tall valve covers. This one has been a modification to everything, even the brake booster had to go over 1 3/4 inches and up 2 to clear the big block. It's worth it and it's being done for me so no matter what it takes, I want it my way.

Here is the gas tank mod and and a shot of the dash, I was pickey so even the dash went to bare metal for a perfect finish, the mock up pic shows the dash dusty but take my word on it, it is like glass,   pay no attention to the crappy seats and steering wheel, these are for seat bracket design.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »

This is the end goal, I even have this pic as my screen saver to motivate me to get my ass into the shop. This is almost the exact paint scheme I want, I just want the grey a slightly darker shade of charcol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 08:55:20 AM »
Well I would say you are well on your way. Sure wish I had those skills. I bet folks just come around to watch this build!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Recon's Blog and my 1955 Chevy build
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »
I don't know if I call it skill or insanity, every time I build a car I say next time I am just going to buy one already done, but here we go again,

So if readers do actually read this, they can help me chose a valve cover for the engine, I have 2 sets I am debating over, first is the regualr big polished aluminum, second is a polished fabricated set.

Which set do you prefer?

And speaking of insanity I started wiring the car today,   the last pic is a 30 pound box of wires they call a wire harness, like I said the car will be 100% brand new except for the body and frame :)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:45:24 PM by Reconsgt »