Author Topic: Gripen90's Action Fleet Collection.  (Read 15432 times)

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
Re: Gripen90's Action Fleet Collection.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »
Thank you very much all  :)

At present time they are all stacked in a room. I simply don't have any shelfspace for displaying.

Regarding the collection being boxed. First of all since I haven't any place to display them loose, keeping them in boxes is much much easier.
Secondly I highly enjoy having everything that come with a figure/vehicle (depending on toyrange).
Also I very much enjoy the "toy store feeling" with having these boxed or carded - it brings back nostalgia from the days of when I was younger and checking the stores for new excited stuff - I still get that kick out of it.
It's important for me to state that I do NOT collect sealed stuff with the intention of selling it again - no I collect to keep (what a curse sometimes).

As far as value for these Action Fleet vehicles I got mine of ebay and prices differ a whole lot. E.g a Mint In Sealed Box (MISB) Rogue 2 Snowspeeder sells around $65, but usually you can get lucky and fine one that no ones bidding on. I usually search ebay a lot before making a purchase.

Besides my Star Wars collecting my largest passion above all is TransFormers (G.1), and here prices are on a totally different level and original boxed/carded figures are immensely expensive - and if AFA graded you may want to rob a bank first.

I collect loose, Mint On Card (MOC), Mint On Sealed Card (MOSC), Mint In Box (MIB), Mint In Sealed Box (MISB) depending of what I want and what I collect.
Hell most of all my collecting is sealed since I have 0 room for display purposes... that has to wait till I some day get the space requirred.

However my ultimate passion is this black C-AT :D

If you want to see what else I colloct you can take a look here - there's most of what I got.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-collection-showcase/142781-my-humble-tf-1984-till-today-collection-18.html

ANd a few video (though not up-to-date)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 12:02:30 PM by Gripen90 »

My TransFormers, Star Wars, Turtles collections: http://www.kortlink.dk/tfw2005/5uh6

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »
A walker and a black cat! I happen to have one of both and can understand the passion. I will totally flip out if you tell me that cat's name is Vader which mine is!

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 04:08:02 PM »
A walker and a black cat! I happen to have one of both and can understand the passion. I will totally flip out if you tell me that cat's name is Vader which mine is!

Hehe no - it''s Amos :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 04:09:38 PM by Gripen90 »

My TransFormers, Star Wars, Turtles collections: http://www.kortlink.dk/tfw2005/5uh6

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:27 PM »
Got hold of an extra MISB Rogue 2 Snowspeeder and an AT-TE and Escape pod pack.  Also took a picture of my loose Rouge 2 Snowspeeder and loose Luke S' Red 5 X-wing and Vader's X1.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:54:32 PM by Gripen90 »

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »
Updated with pictures of MISB AT-AT, Jawa Sandcrawler, A-wing the clean version and with internal hinged cockpit and low box display stand. O0
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:14:46 PM by Gripen90 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 02:26:48 PM »
Which version AT-AT if I may ask? I am still jonesing for the silver and gold version ones and then I think I am almost there.

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »
Which version AT-AT if I may ask? I am still jonesing for the silver and gold version ones and then I think I am almost there.

Mm it's in the updated in the 1st picture thread, 2nd last picture. It's the "ordinary" one I suppose you'd call it with the SW silver logo :)
Are there more variations of the AT-AT (mouldwise) the the ordinary, 2x remote versions and the new saga ?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:33:48 PM by Gripen90 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 05:38:33 PM »

Mm it's in the updated in the 1st picture thread, 2nd last picture. It's the "ordinary" one I suppose you'd call it with the SW silver logo :)
Are there more variations of the AT-AT (mouldwise) the the ordinary, 2x remote versions and the new saga ?

I guess it depends on the size. Today I just ebayed an x-ray version of the atat which came in a two pack with an x-ray x-wing.  If you see any decent deals on one of those gold or silver versions and they are momc let me know as it would be much appreciated.

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »

I guess it depends on the size. Today I just ebayed an x-ray version of the atat which came in a two pack with an x-ray x-wing.  If you see any decent deals on one of those gold or silver versions and they are momc let me know as it would be much appreciated.

Surething I'll watch out for that. MOMC is that mint on mint card ?
I'm used the the TransFormers collecting abbrevations :)
MOC = Mint On Card
MOSC = Mint On Sealed Card
MIB = Mint In Box
MISB = Mint In Sealed Box

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 07:22:54 AM »

There is the JC Penny remote control version as well, coming with 3 buttons and a LED on the AT-AT's head.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 08:01:25 AM »

There is the JC Penny remote control version as well, coming with 3 buttons and a LED on the AT-AT's head.

Yep I was referring to that version as well since the KB toy version only had packaging differences afaik. :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:04:11 AM by Gripen90 »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
wow, that an impressive collection

awesome

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »

Yep I was referring to that version as well since the KB toy version only had packaging differences afaik. :)

Hate to kinda hijack your thread, but what did the JC Penny one look like? I have two packaged ones now one, with a window display box and one boxed with just a pic of the remote.

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »

Hate to kinda hijack your thread, but what did the JC Penny one look like? I have two packaged ones now one, with a window display box and one boxed with just a pic of the remote.

No problem :)
It's a good question. I've never seen the box of the JC Penny version, only the loose AT-AT and the remote. As mentioned previously by jkno the remote has 3 buttons and a small led light on the AT-AT.
I can't remember it in detail - I haven't seen one in years .

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
Here is a pic off Google,  seems this one was a catalog offering hence the mail-a-way box,  you Action Fleet guys would know better if there was 2 versions, ie mail-a-way and retail packaging