Author Topic: Clone Wars Ambush at Abregado Battle Pack  (Read 8750 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Clone Wars Ambush at Abregado Battle Pack
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »
Picked this one up at Target yesterday for $24.99
This is a Target exclusive Battle Pack commemorating an episode from last season where Plo Koon's command ship is destroyed and the Jedi master, Clone Troopers Sinker and Boost and clone commander Wolffe, abandon ship in an escape pod just before the vessel is destroyed.

The pack comes with Plo Koon, Sinker, Boost, and a Rocket Battle Droid.
The Plo Koon is a repaint of last year's figure that includes a lightsaber and the option of interchangable hood positions. both the hood up and hood down pieces are pretty cool accessories and great custom fodder for other figures.  Master Plo Koon has decent articulation from the waist up but is lacking knee and ankle joints.

The Rocket Battle Droid is a repaint of this years figure and includes an E-5 droid blaster rifle, a missile firing Grapple gun, and a removable rocket pack. Those lovely rubber bands that Hasbro uses to secure figures into packaging has warped the neck of this battle droid, it seems.Also, there is no knee, ankle, or wrist articulation in this droid.

Boost is a repaint of the echo figure with a repainted Denal helmet and a Gree head. He is superarty like all clones and includes a dc-15 blaster rifle.

Sinker is also a repainted echo figure and Denal helmet combo with an all new clone sculpted head this time with grey hair and includes a dc-15 blaster hasbro's tight containment for the helmets in this bp kind of warped the fin on Sinker's helmet.

It's a cool pack, guys, and the two space troopers look great posed with last year's release of the armored vested spacetrooper. I kind of miss the old battle packs that had 5 figures in em as Clone Commander Wolffe would have really rounded this BP out.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clone Wars Ambush at Abregado Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:57:30 PM »
pics

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:59:54 PM »
nothing a bit of hot water wouldn't fix for that helmet Clint, a nice looking pack mate (i don't want to start collecting this CW stuff!!! i don't i don't But i think i might end up doing so....... NOOOOO)

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »
great pack and great review mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:39:49 AM »
another great review Clint. Looks like the bps are getting less wide or just plain smaller all together. I guess the days of five figures for twenty bucks in a bp are over. 

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 06:38:06 PM »
I really need to contact Hasbro or my local stores about the delay on these items.  It seems to be about two months after you guys mention them that they come out here.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Echo5s

• Commander Foxs' assistant
  • Cadet
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
yet again another need for my ever growing minuscule army of clones, great review if out of 5 its 5/5. :)
"A purple heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive."

General G.S. Patton

Offline Darth Abshir

• Rookie Customizer
  • Commander
  • DarthAbshir
    • http://www.starwars.com
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
Picked this one up at Target yesterday for $24.99
This is a Target exclusive Battle Pack commemorating an episode from last season where Plo Koon's command ship is destroyed and the Jedi master, Clone Troopers Sinker and Boost and clone commander Wolffe, abandon ship in an escape pod just before the vessel is destroyed.

The pack comes with Plo Koon, Sinker, Boost, and a Rocket Battle Droid.
The Plo Koon is a repaint of last year's figure that includes a lightsaber and the option of interchangable hood positions. both the hood up and hood down pieces are pretty cool accessories and great custom fodder for other figures.  Master Plo Koon has decent articulation from the waist up but is lacking knee and ankle joints.

The Rocket Battle Droid is a repaint of this years figure and includes an E-5 droid blaster rifle, a missile firing Grapple gun, and a removable rocket pack. Those lovely rubber bands that Hasbro uses to secure figures into packaging has warped the neck of this battle droid, it seems.Also, there is no knee, ankle, or wrist articulation in this droid.

Boost is a repaint of the echo figure with a repainted Denal helmet and a Gree head. He is superarty like all clones and includes a dc-15 blaster rifle.

Sinker is also a repainted echo figure and Denal helmet combo with an all new clone sculpted head this time with grey hair and includes a dc-15 blaster hasbro's tight containment for the helmets in this bp kind of warped the fin on Sinker's helmet.

It's a cool pack, guys, and the two space troopers look great posed with last year's release of the armored vested spacetrooper. I kind of miss the old battle packs that had 5 figures in em as Clone Commander Wolffe would have really rounded this BP out.
i got that on friday for $12.48 and just wish they came w/t a commander wolffe

"Keep Collecting and May the Force be with you"

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »
great review, really like this battle pack!

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 10:55:22 AM »
That's weird, my helmet was messed up as well.   bbfet