Author Topic: Thoughts on this line  (Read 23247 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Thoughts on this line
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:54:05 PM »
Looking back on the POTJ line, I have to say I was really hooked and impressed. Today we are getting spoiled for figures with tons of articulation and new items of obscure figures being added by the wave rather than by the year. 

The POTJ wave really energized and paved the way for the serious improvement of the SW line in my opinion, EP1 was an improvement for sure over the buffed out steroid POTF2 line, but in addition to that we also started to see an increase of the background figures. I never would have guessed that we would see a BoShek or Aurra Sing on a card since they received a second of screen time. This line didn't get me back into SW but it was one of the more fun lines to hunt, and collect,

What was your thoughts on these?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Thoughts on this line
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:12:54 AM »
there are still definitive POTJ figures i.e. FX-7  and K-3PO in my opinion is way better than the battle  pack offering despite the added articulation the new R-3PO & K-3PO look like cheap taiwanese knock offs .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:24:20 AM »
I know one thing the ships in this line have me still hooked! I hate the bomber and the paploo and speeder atst pack and they still look great compared to say the new atst. If I have em sitting side by side I would still buy the potj one over the newer one.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:29:02 AM »
When I first saw the AT-ST pack in the store I was blown away on the shelf presentation it had, It has to be one of the best packaged displays they have done,  I regret not keeping a boxed example,  I may have to start hunting another, maybe they will come down in price with the release of this updated AT-ST.

The Vehicles in general all were nice pieces at the time, the crashed snowspeeder was another cool presentation. Even the 12" speeder bike and figure was something that really caught my eye, and I am still looking for a loose speeder bike to customize.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 07:08:39 AM »
How could I forget the crashed snowspeeder, I have that one too. I agree that Paploo box is awesome and easily beats any other atst presentation, outside of the vintage boxed examples, in my opinion.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:21:32 AM »
I love the POTJ line.  Are they severely lacking in articulation?  Yes, by TODAY's standards, but back then it didn't matter because Hasbro was making characters we'd never seen before doing the main characters BETTER than they'd EVER been done before.

Power of the Jedi was the very first time that a 3 3/4" Chewbacca had ever been AS TALL AS HE NEEDED TO BE and Leia was a short as she needed to be compared to Han Solo, it was the first time they were both in true scale from the movies and I was damn excited for it.  That was the first time that the Bespin Escape white jumsuit Leia had ever seen plastic and its still on my favorite figures of her.  POTJ gave us a Boss Nass figure that was not a midget and has a LOT more detail than the shitty EpI figure, it gave us a true-to-the-movie version of podrace announcer, a GREAT (for the time) new Imp Sandtrooper, the first X-Wing Luke since that GOOFY '96 POTF2 mis-named snowspeeder "X-wing" Luke.  And SO MUCH more.

yeah, POTJ was great stuff.  I kind of miss that time.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
POTJ didn't get the fanfare it deserved, in my opinion.  NFC Is absolutely correct, in that this line finally brought us correct scale figures, new figures we only dreamed of seeing, and ships that looked to have real playability as opposed to one just in a box.  I think it was this line that spoiled us, to be honest.  It was here we started asking "what if" and "why not."  When looking at older modern figs, I bypass the AOTC, Saga, etc, and check out the POTJ the most.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 05:01:51 AM »
I ordered yesterday the POTJ Lando Calrissian (Bespin) and the Rebel Fleet Trooper. I can't wait to get them.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 10:45:38 AM »
POTJ Leia reviewed:  http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1958.0

On the front page my man. I am loving these reviews! I really do like the potj line and that atst with paploo on speederbike is awesome. I aim to go after all the ESB figs one day.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 04:40:01 PM »
There were some pretty great sculpts in this line.  I have to think that maybe some characters done in this line might have had their "definitive" version here--i.e. I don't know that we'll get another BoShek figure again.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 03:52:30 PM »
Does anyone have any more information/pictures on the  CD-ROM FIGURE PACKS  or the canceled  COMMTECH V.2 line besides the usual old stuff from the days of SIR STEVE'S GUIDE. ETC or any other of the cancelled / unproduced stuff like the other 2-packs (qui-gon/battle Droid etc.) ??? This time period will always be fun to me because I vividly recall all this stuff  announced an it just disappeared... Like it never existed... Forgotten even.