Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Vintage

What was your first vintage item

(1/6) > >>

Reconsgt:
Just curious as to what was the first items that you received either as a kid or as an adult collector that got you into the SW line.

For me I told this story countless times, but I was sick at one point and when I woke up my mom and dad had a Landspeeder, Luke and C3PO waiting for me. That more than likely led to the landspeeder being one of my favorite toys, I hunted down 2 prototypes that are added to my collection, ( you will see those soon when I write the prototype article) I narrowly missed a chromalin proof sheet from Cloud City years ago and still regret not pulling the trigger on it. After that I was hooked,  SW left an impression but I was really awed by Empire, still my all time favorite but those first toys stuck with me all this time.

McMetal:
I don't remember the VERY first one, likely one of the original wave of figs, but I do vividly remember tearing into the Creature Cantina playset on Christmas morning one year. Awesome memory!

Clonehead:
I don't remember getting any of the figures from the first wave when they came out but I do remember getting hammerhead and r5-d4 from the second wave when they first came out.
I do rember that my first playset was the awesome Death Star playset. Man, what a big box that seemed like at the time. I remember being bummed that I wasn't allowed to open it till I got home and poured over the images on the box during the whole trip. Kansas city was the nearest place it could be found and at the time, with the speed limit being 55, that was a two hour trip.

Phatty:
Man, this is a tough question!  The first figures I remember getting were Hammerhead and Jawa.  I know I got Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and Vader pretty early on as well.  My mom's best friend worked for Toys R Us and got them as soon as they arrived.  I think my first vehicle was the Snowspeeder, which I got as a pick-me-up gift when I was sick.  It was always fun to get a new item, I didn't care what it was: I was HOOKED on Star Wars!

Mr. Black:
Ah.... the "firsts"..... who can forget? My very first SW items were Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues), Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguis) and a CAP-7 mini-rig. You see, in the summer of '83 my dad took me out to see the Sunday afternoon matinee of Return of the Jedi (pronounced "Yaydee" by me back then) and for Sinterklaas (a typical Dutch kids' festivity in early December) I asked for a couple of SW figures. My mom said I coud choose a couple as long as they weren't violent, as in wearing guns or something like that. So I picked Lando, because I actually thought he was a palace janitor  ;D. Luke was some sort of teacher with that coloured wand and the CAP-7 was some sort of cargo vehicle. How 'bout that?

I still have those figures, much like most of my vintage figures, and the CAP-7. Although the latter has received new legs and a new canopy along the line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version