Author Topic: New Legacy Concept Snowtrooper  (Read 9911 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
New Legacy Concept Snowtrooper
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
I got this from a Hong Kong ebay seller.
  This is one of the new figures yet to be released that I have been interested in ever since we saw him presented at SDCC.
  This is a totally new superarty sculpt and while alot of the visual cues of this figure remind me of a Samauri Warrior, I do like it. His un-removable ball mounted helmet Is interesting while different at the same time. I think it would look better with out the twin horn v-shaped area in the center of his forehead. This figure has some neat paint apps and plenty of detail. I kind of like his cloth long kama but don't like how it hides the great sculpt of his upper legs and kneepads on his boots. The backpack is form fitting to his back and armor and stays put in it's mounting peg quite nicely. I really like the design of this backpack and must mold it and his head. He has a thicker looking pistol molded in silver that fits nicely, butt forward, into his waist mounted holster. If I had a few of these, I wouldn't mind cutting that cloth kama off and painting em up.

some of these pics are dark and I plan on taking some more, tonight.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: New Legacy Concept Snowtrooper
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:00:20 PM »
A couple more shots for now.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:59:10 PM »
man that does look pretty nice Clint!!! ;D Great review buddy i will have to keep an eye out on these bad boys...

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »
man, that is one bad ass looking figure.

I really didn't think it was anything special initially like in the SDCC pictures.  I mean I thought it was neat looking and a cool CONCEPT but I did think it it was truly "cool" really.  Now I do though, seeing it from all angles and seeing just how much hidden under that nightgown makes it obvious there's a LOT more to it than I thought.  I totally want one of those guys now.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
I'm wanting a FEW of these bad boys!  Probably at least 5!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 03:54:01 AM »
I think I might get a few of these seeing that they are Snow based. Awesome review. Time to go see if it made it up on the fp yet. Good one Clint.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »
Clint Awesome review of this figure I am wanting a ton of these guys for myself, I will give the Yarders a little history lesson about this guy. this figure is based on Concept work but has had a place in the Star Wars Mythos since October of 1989 when the Imperial Source book was released. He is part of my favorite group the 112th Repulsorlift Armor Regiment, also known as the Hell's Hammers  one of the vehicles they use is known as a Heavy Recovery Vehicle its used to recover soldiers, Vehicles and equipment from the battlefield. Hasbro has made this vehicle for years just not for Star Wars take a look at the pic looks just like a HISS tank. Just thought you guys would like to know a little backstory with this charecter.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 09:19:26 AM »
Well now, I can see I need to get my hands on that Imperial Source book. If you can pm me with any assistance or pics of what this looks like I would be most appreciative DS. Daggone that HISS tank is a bit large, but sure would be awesome wouldn't it? I love the look of it. Neat stuff.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »
wouldnt mind getting a couple myself as i will at some point return to  the original trilogy for collecting
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »
That is a pretty neat figure, and I really dig the whole conceptual type of items,  The tank would be a fun custom project. Gets me thinking that with enough GI Joe and SW fodder it maybe able to be pulled off with a touch of scratch building

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 11:26:16 AM »
I like it a lot. I was looking at this the other day and thinking I could use this for a "non-Star War" custom because of the look and feel. I think he'd make an excellent vehicle driver/pilot of some kind.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
I really cant wait to see these in person.
Great looking figure with lots of hidden details.
Nice review and pics again Clint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
Thanks, dudes. Lee, that tank drawing is awesome and I can't believe that I have never seen it before. I may need your help finding that book.

Here are some more shots of that Concept snowie that I took today.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
NO problem Cllint I am going to help Shawn already, I have tons of info  and pics like these just do not have a place to put them for others to look at. The Imperial Source Book was released in 1989, and again in 1991 as a paper back it is out of print but you can still manage to get a copy prices are decent unless you are getting a copy nobody has owned I found one like that $177.95 lol, then I found one from a comic shop used for $7.69 so I went for the ssecond one.  This is the book you want it is for the R.P.G but has all you ever wanted to know about the Empire great sourcebooks for customs as well.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »
Thanks for that info, Lee. I will keep my eyes peeled for one of these.