Author Topic: Clone Wars Matchstick  (Read 3408 times)

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
Clone Wars Matchstick
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:51:36 AM »
Matchstick is from wave 6 of the Clone Wars basic figure line. Matchstick appears in the episode “Shadow of Malevolence” from season one of the Clone Wars. He is a pilot in shadow squadron and pilots a Y-wing bomber on a mission to destroy the bridge of the Separatist warship Malevolence.

Accessories:
Matchstick comes with a standard DC15 blaster and the missile firing rotary blaster. He also has a removable pilot helmet.

Articulation:
Matchstick has a standard clone trooper body and the same articulation as all the other clones.

The Verdict:
I’m probably biased because I love clones, they are what got me into collecting the Clone Wars line to begin with. I really like this figure, he is the first clone pilot with a removable helmet. He has great articulation and unlike some of the clone sculpts, he can sit down well enough to be useable in vehicles. He is also the first clone in my collection to have the bald head sculpt. Overall I think Matchstick is a great figure and I give him an 8 out of ten. I particularly like the extra detail on the chest controls of the pilot helmet. The one I have has very clear paint apps on all of the more intricate of the details. Another great thing about this figure is that with a simple helmet swap you have a whole new trooper. Some will be disappointed that he does not have any weathering, but I think in this case it is more realistic. For a pilot who spends most of his time aboard ship or in the cockpit one would expect he armour to be a little more pristine than a ground pounder trooper. I would definitely recommend this figure, especially if you are lucky enough to have one of the new Y-wings. For now my Matchstick will have to be content piloting my Gunship.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: Clone Wars Matchstick
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Nice review and pics.
I bought about 3 of this fig... 2 for me and 1 for my son....
I love the helmet and control box.... the details are really nice.
And you can never have too many big rotary guns...

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »

And you can never have too many big rotary guns...
hahaha thats right.
i still cant find this figure anywhere [the carded version]

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:16:19 PM »
Nice review! I have got mine but haven't opened him yet.

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:07:17 AM »
Nice review! I have got mine but haven't opened him yet.
you don't have to open it you can get one off e-bay

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
I opened mine right away, Clint.  It's a great figure, although why does it come with a heavy cannon if he's a pilot? 
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Echo5s

• Commander Foxs' assistant
  • Cadet
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
I dont understand how some collectors have all the luck in finding these figures, i cant seem to find anything remotely clone-ish in the stores, anyways nice figure...wait any ideas on the "witching hour" to get highly wanted figures?
"A purple heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive."

General G.S. Patton

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »
Echo5s You really just have to be persistent. I visit most of the stores in my suburb and the surounding ones at least once a week. After a while you get an idea of which ones get good figures regularly and about how often then visit these regularly and you should statr to snag some cool figures. If you are lucky enough to work near one of these shop then make friends with the toy department guys and they will sometimes give you tip offs about when new figures will be arriving.

Offline Echo5s

• Commander Foxs' assistant
  • Cadet
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:59:31 PM »
Thanks pedro, being busy doesnt really help, and since im not old enough to drive my parents are ignoring my attempts, although at times we usually go for a stroll and visit the stores.
"A purple heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive."

General G.S. Patton

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »
nice review!