Author Topic: Leesub Sirln  (Read 7921 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Leesub Sirln
« on: November 08, 2009, 05:36:11 PM »
I thought I'd weigh in on Leesub tonight.  I don't know how many of you out there were planning on getting this gal; but that she was an OTC character alone, I knew I "needed" her.   Leesub Sirln though?  Every time I see her last name I can't help but think "sirloin".  Gotta wonder though what Kenner might have named this figure back in the 70s had this figure made it's debut then.  With names of the time like Hammerhead, Snaggletooth and Walrusman the amusing possibilities are endless.  Anyway...

Leesub has what qualifies as super articulation in the Star Wars line--14 points.  Typical swivel joints at the wrist, waist and hips while the rest are some ball joint derivative.  Dang it if she doesn't have flesh colored ankle joints to contrast with her boot color like we've all grown to hate with the heat of the dual suns.  Ironically, the figure's picture on the back of the packaging has these ankle joints either painted or cast in the same color as her boots.  (Some of you here will likely paint them and be done with it.)

Leesub's skin is a very light pink--a fact I really didn't recognize until I had her in hand and side by side with other figures.  Her arms, head and legs  are cast in this color--so her boots are painted black.  One thing that surprised me is that her pelvis is actually cast in the color of her silver clothing.  I found this out  trying to remove what I thought was silver paint slop from this area.  When I made this "slop" area bigger, I realized that it was the shade of pink that was the paint application.  If nothing else, it's nice to see Hasbro match the cast color with the paint color so well--an area that seems to give them so much trouble with a lot of figures at the neck.

Leesub comes with a blaster and one of the coolest drinking glasses (at least IMO) we've gotten to date.  (Hrchek Kal Fas comes with an identical drinking glass.)  She also has one of those boot holsters to store her blaster.  The holster is actually a tad small for the blaster tip to fit through.  I remedied this by forcing a tooth pick through to widen it a bit.

Okay now for some pictures...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:50:16 PM by B.R. Steel »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Leesub Sirln
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »
Super Articulation allows you to pull off powerful drinking moves like this:

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »
Note that the hand shaped for holding the glass looks a bit awkward when not holding said glass.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
Okay last picture.  I gotta say, that whole thing she's got going on--hair or hat, is a bit creepy.  It's like there's a giant spider or something on the back of her head.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »
LOL. Hilarious. Looks like I get to make you famous again, probably tomorrow though. Gotta keep em coming back to the fp. Good review again B.R. Thanks for posting it and the pics. What OTC movie was this one in? ANH cantina? ROTS Jabba's palace. I don't recall her, but I miss a lot! I know that is probably hard to believe!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »
Another nice review, BR! Well done.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »
What OTC movie was this one in? ANH cantina?

Yep, she was in ANH's cantina scene.  Blink or actually watch the main characters (like we're meant to do) and you'll miss her.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »
Very nice review and pics.
That is an aweful lot of pink, and the head thing is creepy looking.
The ankle joint is a disappointment on so many figs that I hardly pay attentiion to it most times.

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
Cantina Patrons are always tops on my list of wants.  ;)

Tho not the best she definitely stands out.
:D
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:06:29 AM »
Saw this one on the pegs and I gotta say, I like background characters in  general but this one is not on my buy list. Looks like it would fit better in one of Roger Cormans B sci-fi flicks rather than SW

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
Saw this one on the pegs and I gotta say, I like background characters in  general but this one is not on my buy list. Looks like it would fit better in one of Roger Cormans B sci-fi flicks rather than SW

I'd never heard of Roger Corman so I did a search on his name at imdb.com.  Ee-gad...is this guy ever attached to a ton of movies going all the way back to the 1950's.  Sometimes I'm up for a silly B sci-fi movie.  Any to recommend?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »
A goofy one is Battle Beyond the Stars,  kind of odd as it feels like 2 differnt flicks half way through it.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »
lol yeah i remember that one   ,with the valkyrie and the kelvin
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
yeppers, that would be the one.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »
Nice review of the figure.

But she's not on my list to get either, nothing real cool there. 

I tend to be pretty choosy with the cantina aliens I buy because some of them are really interesting, some of them are just boring or too weird.  Leesub is the latter while Trinto (the hooded guy from the last ANH wave) was just dull.