Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Vintage

Recons' Catalog Project

(1/9) > >>

Reconsgt:
Guys,

For years I have been tossing around the attempt at building a comprehensive Christmas wishbook library from 1978-1985 covering the Star Wars offerings. This has pr oven a tough task thus far, I have had some fantastic help From SW forums member AndyR over the years but I need your help.

What I need are either hard copies of the old wish books put out by Sears, JC Penny, Montgomery Wards, and so forth. Just the pages showcasing SW or high quality scans of the full pages.

I will keep compiling what I have been building but it's only 25% complete. This will be a fun way to look back and to chronicle some of the offerings evolutions as some ads showed prototype offerings rather than production ready pieces.

I will eventually post a list of where we are, right now I am adding to a database and will keep you guys posted.

Collected images from
1978:

Montgomery Wards

1979:

Sears (US)
Sears (Canadian)

Sears (US)

Sears (US)

Sears (US)
Montgomery Wards

Sears

Reconsgt:
Here is an example sized to fit of what I am looking for, This is from the 1978 Montgomery Wards catalog

Tamer:
I will see what I can do. I would love to get my hands on some large, high rez images of the Monkey Wards or Sears ESB offerings. I got to circle my wants for my mom and that walker got circled every year, but I never got one. Boy this brings back happy memories as I did get some of the things I circled.

Reconsgt:
You can get your hands on those ;)   Once i get this stared just copy the pic on a SD card and take it over to Office Max of a similar stor eand boom, instant memories.

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Reconsgt on November 08, 2009, 07:15:57 AM ---You can get your hands on those ;)   Once i get this stared just copy the pic on a SD card and take it over to Office Max of a similar stor eand boom, instant memories.

--- End quote ---

You can bet I will be making one poster size!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version