Author Topic: NFC's internal monologue  (Read 13426 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFC's internal monologue
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 05:54:15 PM »
Pics up of my costume in the Halloween thread. I went as Darth Steeler this year.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 06:34:37 PM »
I'll probably always call her "baby girl" too no matter how old she gets, I never stopped and she just accepts it   :)

Someday I'll be a grandfather and when she brings her little ones to visit they'll probably laugh everytime I call their mom baby girl.  LOL

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 08:05:46 PM »
I'll probably always call her "baby girl" too no matter how old she gets, I never stopped and she just accepts it   :)

Someday I'll be a grandfather and when she brings her little ones to visit they'll probably laugh everytime I call their mom baby girl.  LOL

don't get me started, I'm terrified of grand kids, I'm just hoping we don't have any early birds, :()

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2009, 09:24:09 PM »

don't get me started, I'm terrified of grand kids, I'm just hoping we don't have any early birds, :()
ditto on that one

there better not be any of that teenage mother shit in the future, hell no

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 02:34:23 AM »

ditto on that one

there better not be any of that teenage mother shit in the future, hell no

Can I join this club too? I have seen to much of that crapola in the job I have. Kids having kids and then them being holy terrors when they hit my door.

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 03:52:42 PM »
NEW TOPIC:  Election Tuesday

I know I know, some people vote some don't, some feel its their duty, some don't care and don't believe in bothering.   I hate politicians and politics in general, most get in office and they're so self-serving compared to what they promised, and from the outside it seems like nothing ever gets done and nothing anywhere is ever fixed because nobody in the offices can agree on shit.  That said I usually end up voting anyway even if I disgree with all the candidate on everything and my vote might just be for whichever of the bastards I hate the least or the ones who's blatant lies sound more plausible and achievable than the rest of the lies and fibs and bullshit rhetoric. Yep I vote even if up the the day of the election I'm walking around spouting about how I won't bother.   8)

But one of tomorrow's general elections across New York state is whole different ball game for me.   Why is that you ask?   Because this one, at the county level, I have personal stake in though I'm not directly involved, it's important to me who wins nontheless.

Niagara Falls NY city politics and Niagara County politics is seriously corrupt and despite the completely shit conditions this area exists in, the voters here generally WANT change but they rarely vote to change who's actually in the offices... For every 4 or 5 positions,  1 maybe 2 of the office holders will change and the other assholes seem to win reelection by default or something.   Well for the 4th legislative district here, the same idiot has sat in the chair for 18 years.  He has never ever tried to move up or run for another office, no, Dennis Virtuoso just keeps running again and again for the same job.  He's won every time because he's a classic textbook example of a politician's politician, he know everyone and he's a true 'good old boy' through and through and he does everything he can to make sure the rival candidates are ignored or forgotten on election day.  And in that 18 years nothing at all has been accomplished.  He talks constantly at great length AND NEVER SAYS ANYTHING.   Every public appearance he makes is just to grease the wheels and make sure everyone knows that Virtuoso is still relelvant.   Almost 2 decades in the same seat and nothing is any better than it was in 1992 when he took office, everything is worse. 

well my FATHER is running against him this time.  My 57 year old dad has never ever help a public office of any kind.  But he's a concerned citizen who's sick to death of NOTHING ever getting done here in th city and nothing EVER changing for the better.  Nothing.   My dad has said in interviews and his question and answer debates that he has no intention of becoming a lifelong politician after this... he just wants someone new in the office will bring fresh enthusiasm and some AMBITION to accomplish something. 

really who knows what chance he has against the career legislator, the slackass creep in the office now.  But all I can do is HOPE my dad has a fighting CHANCE at least.   God, even one of my dad's cousins Bob has already apologized he can't vote for the first Onesi to run for country gov't because Bob is too good a friend of Mr Virtuoso!   How crappy is that??

P.S.  I can't vote for him, I live in the 5th district, ironically (and sadly).   But MY sister (dad's campaign manager), her roommate, 2 of my other cousins, 3 of my aunts, 2 of my uncles, and my dad's parents (my grandparents yes) DO live in 4th district so at lease my candidiate father can rely on those few votes.   

wish him luck for me, guys, please, even if you don't know him or me or this city. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »
I wish him luck. Sounds like he would be a shoe in to me. What I can't understand is how some folks live in ignorance and just don't realize how horrible some of thier politicians are. It is just like they don't care? It would just be nice to have someone in there who at least would try!

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
I wish him luck. Sounds like he would be a shoe in to me. What I can't understand is how some folks live in ignorance and just don't realize how horrible some of thier politicians are. It is just like they don't care? It would just be nice to have someone in there who at least would try!
exactly.  yeah I want my dad in the office but that's because I think he WOULD bring all kinds of fresh energy and plans, plus the other guy is SO stale that he needs to be out and replaced because at this point anything would be an improvement.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 08:49:13 PM »

man, I'd have a slogan like, If I had as many votes as this town has potholes. . .

LOL

Shoot, bury Virtuoso in one.

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 08:58:14 PM »

man, I'd have a slogan like, If I had as many votes as this town has potholes. . .

LOL
yes indeed   HAHAHA

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »
NOTHING in this gods forsaken city will EVER change and certainly will never EVER get better.   Today proved it. 

He lost

>:(

:(

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 09:08:15 PM »
Maybe you should call in the joker.

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »
I wish Virtuoso would trip and fall into one of the city's polls and get stuck and just rot there.  Let the seagulls take care of the carcass.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
Sorry to hear he didn't win. I think sometimes we are such a stupic society when it comes to electing officials. Thats pretty bad becuase its my job to educate young people on part of the civic process!

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2009, 02:40:22 PM »
Not only did he not win, neither did anyone else I voted for.    :-X   The one candidate that I wanted to see win that actually DID get voted in was another legislator newcomer that was in another district (though his district line in literally only 4 blocks from my house).

so there is one bright spot in that mess anyways.  :)