Author Topic: NFC's internal monologue  (Read 13428 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: NFC's internal monologue
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
Oh, and your daughter as Wonder Woman is freakin' ADORABLE!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
LOL, that wonder woman costume is awesome. I'm glad that she is feeling better, NFC.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 03:11:04 AM »
Thank you for the kid words on her, the support, and the well wishes.  She will be tired but I think she might be okay enough to go back to school today.  I'll shee when she wakes up.

As for me, on other other hand, my throat hurts even more that it did yesterday.  WTF

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »
NEW BLOG TOPIC:  The Secret War

I had some of the toys when I was a kid but it’s because they were cool toys…  Until Hasbro started bringing out new 2-figure comic packs to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first ever major crossover for a comic company,  I never felt compelled to read The Secret Wars series.  I read the two stray issues of the series packed with the Magneto/SM and Spiderwoman/Iron Man sets and that made me realize I need to finally read the Secret Wars storyline all the way through.  My comic book geek self has read lots of crossovers from a lot of companies but all these years SW managed to escape me.  But how can a self respecting and proud geek really claim to be if you’ve missed the mother of all crossovers that followed!?  So, yeah, I had to see why it was such a big deal then and why its still so highly regarded. 

The comics with the figures have the ad for the SW Omnibus hardcover with the Alex Ross painted cover on the jacket, cover price of $99.99!  Well I found it on Amazon’s Marketplace in NEW condition for $63 so I ordered it.  Got it 2 weeks ago, finally started reading it last night, just started part 4…

Man, where the hell was I all these years? 

Marvel’s SECRET WAR storyline is TRULY epic.  Not the internet trendy vernacular sense of “epic” but it fits the Webster definition of it, like the novels of Gone with The Wind and trilogy of Lord of the Rings did.   I can’t believe I never read the series before now.  I’m pushing 30 and feel like those rare people my age that admit they managed to miss ALL the Star Wars movies after 30+ years since ANH’s release. 

I’m impressed.   

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
I sure did like Secret Wars as a kid. That is the comic where you have teams of a few superheroes looking for a part of a gold globe piece correct? I really liked the one where I was introduced to Blitzkrieg if that is the right comic.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:54:37 AM »
the secret wars I remember is where the omnipotent being known as the beyonder kidnaps all of the marvel heroes and villans to a remote world to watch battles in between them. This series is known as the origin of Spiderman's black suit.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 11:31:35 AM »
The Secret Wars was an excellent storyline, and one that actually picked back up in a way recently!  Stemming from the Civil War that tore the Marvel Universe apart, it was discovered that Skrulls had kidnapped MANY Marvel heroes and villains DECADES ago and have been impersonating them on Earth.  It was revealed when Elektra was killed by Wolverine in The New Avengers and Elektra was revealed to have been a Skrull in disguise!  The heroes again took up a "Secret War," donning new costumes and such, and defeated the new Skrull invasion.

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
I need to read the Secret Invasion someday too.   I'm not crazy about the idea behind it honestly but it has the potential to be cool.

Spiderman is a wuss.  There, I said it.   He's the only weak link in Secret Wars and the weakest  link in every other storyline he's involved in, including his own books.  Any chance he was replaced by a Skrull to explain why he's been such a pansy for 40 years?  :D

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »
LOL!  Sadly, no.  He was at his strongest during the House of M storyline, where the Scarlet Witch cast a spell which gave every person on the planet the one thign they wanted the most, so Spider-Man was a celebrated hero that everyone loved.  Too bad it didn't last long.

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 06:31:29 AM »
I'll post a picture of myself in my Halloween costume later today.   

it's a simple dress up project but it's gotten some attention here at work since I walked in.   LOL

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »
I went Amish for Halloween today, went to work in costume

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
Wow, that is spot on! Great costume.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 05:22:25 PM »
That is how I had envisioned you anyway, NFC! LOL looks good buddy.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »
Great costume!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
well she didn't have much of a fever this morning when she woke up and surprisingly she slept most of the night last night by Tylenol helped that.   She threw up a bit too, really watery. 

it SUCKS when little kids are sick.   :-\

I hope she is okay this weekend for trick or treating after her friend's halloween party, Id like to take her.   My baby girl (who's certainly not a baby anymore  :( ) is going as Wonder Woman.   She did get to wear the costume last weekend already for an indoor halloween fair.  I got some pictures of her in the red, gold, and blue which I'll post later if anyone's interested.

yes, I still had to come to work today so her grandmother is taking care of her today.  But I feel helpless here, I may need to take an early day and go home to her. 

Man, JD everytime yo post about your kid, it makes me feel inadequate as a father, :)

I hope little goldie gets better, man, sick kids are zero fun.

And she'll always be your baby girl, man.