Author Topic: NFC's internal monologue  (Read 13429 times)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
NFC's internal monologue
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:21:04 AM »
hey cool, didn't notice this section was here before!   I discovered this blog section of the forum just yesterday.

Hope nobody minds if I have a thread in here too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFC's internal monologue
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:14 AM »
Have at it. Welcome to the Blog Section.

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:11:49 PM »
my daughter was sent home sick from school today.  flu symptoms.   :(    just before halloween.  she's 5 years old, totally excited about saturday but now she's ill.   of course it's better than getting sick just before christmas but it's still crap timing.

P.S.   I've had the sniffles and runny nose for weeks.  I barely remember anymore what it feels like to be 100% healthy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:15:33 AM »
I hope its not H1N1, I got my daugher (3 yrs.) vaccinated (1st dose) yesterday so I am breathing a bit easier. Well not physically since I have been producing snot is rather large quantities for about three weeks now. Hope Halloween works out for you. I get to take mine trick or treating for the 1st time!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:21:06 AM »
Geeze, it sounds like we have all had the bug at some time or another here lately. What's the little one dressing up as, Shawn? And, what are you dressing up as?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »
Geeze, it sounds like we have all had the bug at some time or another here lately. What's the little one dressing up as, Shawn? And, what are you dressing up as?

Not to jack the thread, but my little girl wants to be a lion this year, but ole Dad has to wear the Vader mask with breather that I bought for her to play with.

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:09:59 AM »
well she didn't have much of a fever this morning when she woke up and surprisingly she slept most of the night last night by Tylenol helped that.   She threw up a bit too, really watery. 

it SUCKS when little kids are sick.   :-\

I hope she is okay this weekend for trick or treating after her friend's halloween party, Id like to take her.   My baby girl (who's certainly not a baby anymore  :( ) is going as Wonder Woman.   She did get to wear the costume last weekend already for an indoor halloween fair.  I got some pictures of her in the red, gold, and blue which I'll post later if anyone's interested.

yes, I still had to come to work today so her grandmother is taking care of her today.  But I feel helpless here, I may need to take an early day and go home to her. 

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:11 AM »
Tamer, post a picture of you in the Vader mask and her in the lion costume too.

;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 08:19:05 AM »
Yes, I want to see shots of everyone's halloween costume.
   I wish that your little gal would get to feeling better, NFC. I don't want her ailment to ruin her Halloween.

The wifey and I are to be pirates this year, by the way.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
Tamer, post a picture of you in the Vader mask and her in the lion costume too.

;D

Will do NFC. Hopefully you guys won't see any ooze dripping out of the mask! Hope your gal feels better today when you get home.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 08:30:34 AM »
NFC, I'm sorry to hear your poor daughter's got a flu bug just before Halloween!  The best things for her to do are to eat what she can, drink what she can, and vomit the rest.  The vomiting and diarrhea get the bug out of the body, the food and water help build up the immune system and prevent dehydration.  Other than that, the flu is the flu, and there aren't any meds out there to remove it.

For those of you who think a flu shot will keep you safe, think again.  The flu shot is nothing more than fluent larva injected into your system to allow your body to build up an immunity to it.  However, NO 2 flues are the same, period.  It mutates from person to person, there are hundreds of thousands of different strains out there, and this new Swine Flu is nothing different.  Remember 2 years ago, when Bird Flu was the concern?  Where is it now?  Next year will be the Feline or Bovine or Canine flu.  Something to get us all scared again.  Just remember, if it settles in the lungs, get some meds to keep them clear.  Otherwise, there REALLY isn't much you can do to prevent or get rid of a flu.  For fevers, keep that person cool. No blankets, no extra clothes.  Let them shiver it out until the fever breaks.  Ice packs help too.  If you feel it is a medical emergency, contact your physician, but for the most part, TRY not to flood your local EMERGENCY ROOMS with colds and flues.  

There, now that my public service announcement is done, Show them pics of the costumes!

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 08:52:23 AM »

The wifey and I are to be pirates this year, by the way.
RRRRGH!!!

Ye to be posting pictures of that costuming endeavor or be fed to the crocs!

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 08:57:20 AM »
NFC, I'm sorry to hear your poor daughter's got a flu bug just before Halloween!  The best things for her to do are to eat what she can, drink what she can, and vomit the rest.  The vomiting and diarrhea get the bug out of the body, the food and water help build up the immune system and prevent dehydration.  Other than that, the flu is the flu, and there aren't any meds out there to remove it.
yeah as gross as the vomiting is, that DID help her last night.   it was all watery but it worked.

ewww   LOL

For those of you who think a flu shot will keep you safe, think again.
yeah I came down with the seasonal flu last year a month after I got the flu shot.    ::)

skipping it this year because, well, last year soured me on it.  and so far I've avoided any flu symptoms this year... 

thanks for the up front and really gross explanation, Phatty, I really couldn't stop reading.  it was vile and yet fascinating.   seriously, it did ease my mind on the topic at any rate.

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
update:  my girl is feeling okay, her fever is gone gone gone

and here's her in her costume:

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »
Any help I can be, I do try!  I'm a paramedic, so I'm happy to answer any question I am able, as long as you remember that my thoughts and insight on those problems are no substitute for a doctor's care!