Author Topic: Legacy Sandtrooper with Dewback  (Read 14855 times)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: Legacy Sandtrooper with Dewback
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 02:22:54 AM »
After seeing pics of it opened I would start by tossing the sandtrooper in the trash and repaint the dewback,   I like the new dewback design but think it needs a more realistic paint job. Mate it up with a new custom of a nomad of some kind.

Tamer, you know me I am a mainly carded collector but some items are begging to be opened.

True, true.....

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 03:45:48 AM »
Sound like a custom is needed, say a soft goods pillow?

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
I like the idea of this figure especially because I just received the Gentle Giant Sandtrooper & Dewback statue. The color of the Dewback seems fine to me, the joints are really cool since this way you can pose it as you want.

I really like the new MG-15 (RT-97C) rifle, which from my knowledge it has never been done before. I prefer the Sandtrooper to comewithout a removable helmet - accurate this way, and I think he should be a bit dirtier, not much just a bit. The saddle thing is disappointing though

I laughed a lot at this photo ;D  Sandtrooper acrobatics and stunts LOL:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:38 PM »
Yeah that saddle was a bummer. I thought looking on the back picture that it said it would fit, but it was definitely disappointing to see that the figure and dewback were definitely tooled independent of one another or not thought of altogether, whichever is the case.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »
Well I think it is ripe for a redo with a proper sculpting of the saddle, you could raise the center and narrow it I guess,

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »
I myself still like it, I plan to get a bunch of these as long as they are not a mythological beast like the AT-ST

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »
I really like the new MG-15 (RT-97C) rifle, which from my knowledge it has never been done before.

That is correct!  Brand-new weapon and I WANT ONE!!!  Er, Production Platform Two requests a sample for...study...

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 12:13:51 AM »
will be very tempted should i see it in our stores soon.......

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 03:29:35 AM »
I myself still like it, I plan to get a bunch of these as long as they are not a mythological beast like the AT-ST

Oh don't get me wrong guys, I think the new Dewback is tons better than the old one even if the head looks off just a bit, but I can live with movie differences if it adds to the articulation. I just think they should have redesigned the ammo belt to not get in the way of the riding legs and should have given this dude some better hip articulation so he can sit on the saddle and then knew articulation to be able to have his legs go on the side of the saddle, let alone a stirrup set up the feet could sit in. Still, with the customs guys we have here they could crank out some good sandies to be able to rid this beasty. I bet Spudafett with his Joe figs could find something that would work or Clint could just mold some new hip sockets and knees and legs. You guys just amaze me with what you simply do what Hasbro won't and you guys don't make it look hard!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong guys, I think the new Dewback is tons better than the old one even if the head looks off just a bit, but I can live with movie differences if it adds to the articulation. I just think they should have redesigned the ammo belt to not get in the way of the riding legs and should have given this dude some better hip articulation so he can sit on the saddle and then knew articulation to be able to have his legs go on the side of the saddle, let alone a stirrup set up the feet could sit in. Still, with the customs guys we have here they could crank out some good sandies to be able to rid this beasty. I bet Spudafett with his Joe figs could find something that would work or Clint could just mold some new hip sockets and knees and legs. You guys just amaze me with what you simply do what Hasbro won't and you guys don't make it look hard!

tamer I've been mulling over a way to do a good gi-joe blending with a storm trooper for a long long time.  The armor of the trooper's midsection and codpiece are the only thing standing in my way.  If they had a joe figure that had similar parts on their midsection I'd have done this a long long time ago... 

I honestly think the only thing wrong with the sandtrooper that came with the pack is his ammo belt gets in the way.  As well as the fact that the saddle isn't built right... the sadle looks like it was sculpted with the dewback in mind instead of the rider.  I think a little sculpting on the saddle to bring the center up and blend in some slots for the legs, as well as working stirrups is the only wat to fix the entire package...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 05:08:13 AM »
Devin, I couldn't agree more on your points. This thing is seriously hampered by lack of articulation and being able to use it with the rider. My little girl has taken the saddle off of it so she can just add it to her dinosaur pile. Hasbro, I will never get her to play with Star Wars figures if the beasts you make are not rideable! She just won't go through the hassle of messing with it to try and get it to say on long. If it falls off she pitches it and moves onto something else. I was hoping the new Eopie with Qui Gonn would have been better and it is a bit, but he has staying on issues too. Methinks someone should ask this question of hasbro.