Author Topic: online retailers  (Read 1123 times)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
online retailers
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »
what are your favorite online retailers?

most of my stuff comes from BBTS but HTS is occasionally helpful too

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
Re: online retailers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
Big Bad Toy Store, Brians Toys, Habro Toy Shop, are my three online retailers then I use amazon, Ebay, and any other means neccessary to find things I am looking for I find online shopping is getting easier to find things than going to the stores, and if  you add in the time and money for gas to go track down the things you want it so much easier.

Do not get me wrong I like to go on the HUNT!! but any more when going to Wal-Mart or the like it is a "Snipe" hunt.  (Snipe a fake creature that does not exsist, much like toys at walmart.)  I am getting a little more than upset with Hasblow not giving reasons to delays or caring enough to listen before spouting some goofy BS answer that we are supposed to belive.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:09 AM »
When I order online, I usually go through Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.  Brian's Toys is such a scam, a scalper in the worst way and I refuse to give them any of my money.  Usually, when it comes to Hasbro items, I just go out to find them, but when it's something bigger, especially Gentle Giant, I go through those two.

Coincidentally, BBTS and EE are 2  of our Site Sponsors.  We also have affiliates with Walmart and Action Figure Express (Who I've gotten some great items and excellent service from!) so if you're looking for something, click those buttons at the top of the screen and browse around!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
HasbroToyShop is great when they have what you want in stock.almost normal prices.
EE is good for their exclusive stuff and the occassional sale.
StarWarsShop is good for cases of figs, if prices dont bother you too much.
Both EE and SWS are good for cases of figs if you can find them in stock when you want them, and they do lots of sales that arent really sales....
I have never had trouble when I have ordered from either of them.
I used to order stuff from amazon if I could keep shipping low or free, but that never happened too often.
Now I find lots of stuff off Ebay, and lots of the amazon sellers I bought from before are selling on Ebay so atleast I know who I am buying from most of the time.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 12:16:04 PM »
Big Bad, I love that site, they've hooked me up over the years a few times.  I do all my pre ordering through them, if I can catch the stuff I want.

Lately, I've found, its just not worth my time or effort to "go on the hunt"  Take these comic pack figures, I finally found them, but it probably took 30 trips to walmart, several hours all told, and even a few gallons of gas.  They are like 11 cents higher on HTS, and even with shipping, I figure I've saved money, so incidently, I left the comic packs on the pegs and just ordered them online.  Turns out, with sales tax figured in, I saved money going to HTS, lol.

I like walmart.com, amazon, and target.com as well for random items here or there, but mostly, if its older or just not for sale on other sites, I'll just use EBay, I figure whats the point of being older and having more funds available if you don't use them?  LOL.

I used to like toy rocket, :(