Imperial Surplus Sales > Feedback

Bad Feedback Thread

<< < (2/8) > >>

Clonehead:
Selling so much on ebay means I have to deal with the occasional scam artist who would try to get some free stuff.
Got a letter from a buyer last night asking for a tracking number and wondering if I had shipped his item yet.
I had shipped his item and emailed his tracking number to him 11 days ago. When I tracked his package this morning, usps.com claimed that it had been delivered 8 days ago. In this instance, I smell a would-be scammer without a clue.
I have added ebay member: keysdisease23 to the blocked buyer list and would suggest that you other sellers do the same.

Tamer:
Bummer Clint. I am glad at least there is a way to block buyers that do this. We can develop that list here and make sure we do not do business with folks like that.

dana.raye.smith:
I had a bad experience buying from a guy on ebay that i had bought from before and everything had gone great. He sold items for preorder. I had bought from them before' and like I said all was just as it should be, just waited a little longer; never more than 38 days to recieve items. Then a month had gone by and nothing. After making  multiple purchases of multiple items bought at low prices and very high shipping paid, he was no longer a registered member and no items. I emailed the seller multiple times and gave ample time for a response from the seller, after 40 days waiting for items or a response I called and spoke with Ebay reps and was reimbursed for purchases totalling $189 and nothing for paid shipping costs totalling $130. And I had to wait about another 14 days before i got money back.
The guy sold under mmatt* and mmatt out of California and had quite a large store and inventory and I had no problems with my prior purchases. It felt bad to call and report the seller, but atleast i got something back if not all costs paid to him. He even had a 99% feedback rating, so how do you know?
And he is still reported as no longer a member. But it is easy to just open a new account under a new name and keep doing shady business.
this was all about 2.5 months ago.
I know it was a matter of time before something went bad, but i really havent had that bad an experience on ebay and now I just send more emails with questions and wont buy without recieving a response in an acceptable ammount of time. Too bad because I tend to miss out on some really great bargains now.

Clonehead:
That is a bad story to hear, Dana. I cant believe that they didn't give you your shipping fees back.
  I do have a substantial blocked buyer list going for those buyers I have dealt with in the past that for various reasons can no longer be trusted. Shawn, if you like, I can copy and paste that list here. I will get a link up for the blocked buyer list area on ebay as well as it is kind of hard to find.

Clonehead:
Here is a link to a page with a link that will take you to your ebay blocked buyer list. There, you can add or remove buyers from your blocked buyer list. Each member id must be seperated by a comma and a space.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

You can block up to 5000 user ids

Here is the list of bidders that I have blocked for whatever reason. Most are wannabe scammers.

0855jill, 123saveski, 2009-c-clement, amphiboy, armyofhades, beer_escamoso, blondiern1, ciabattoni2006, ebuyer2007es, gotsw, hummingjeep, jhtp01, jokabofe, keysdisease23, mooman_12, omedome, reminton.steele, shorbfamily, street-dragon,  nadmunsos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version