Author Topic: Bad Feedback Thread  (Read 39611 times)

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Bad Feedback Thread
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »
I am starting this hoping we will never ever have to use it.  Please remember here at Shipyards that you are trading/dealing at your own risk. However, please use the feedback numbers and comments left in this section when doing your latest deal. If you feel you need to leave bad feedback for one of our members here,  please advise one of the moderators and or admins to see if we can be of some assistance before you add to this thread. That being said, please leave bad feedback here if you feel it is necessary. If the feedback you are leaving here is not one of our Yarders, please note what site or sites you were dealing with when the bad experience occured.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Re: Bad Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
Beware of this seller on ebay - shawnmatthewtoys, he will rip you off, then give you a refund, then put a dispute in against you, through this cretin I have a Strike Against me on Ebay now.

And I sent proof to say he had given me a refund, and they where still in his favour, I cant understand this.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
They should let you leave your side of it I would think. That is dirty pool.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 08:56:57 PM »
I thought I heard that Ebay no longer allows you to dispute a negative mark in feedback, and I still can't understand why.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
You cant dispute a Negative, but if you circumvent that with a Negative disguised as a positive then its all fair, because theres no retalition, after all he did leave a positive, its complicated but basically what it means is someone can still leave bogus bad rep about you as long as they use a positive.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 05:51:42 AM »
Selling so much on ebay means I have to deal with the occasional scam artist who would try to get some free stuff.
Got a letter from a buyer last night asking for a tracking number and wondering if I had shipped his item yet.
I had shipped his item and emailed his tracking number to him 11 days ago. When I tracked his package this morning, usps.com claimed that it had been delivered 8 days ago. In this instance, I smell a would-be scammer without a clue.
I have added ebay member: keysdisease23 to the blocked buyer list and would suggest that you other sellers do the same.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 06:16:36 AM »
Bummer Clint. I am glad at least there is a way to block buyers that do this. We can develop that list here and make sure we do not do business with folks like that.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 06:41:20 AM »
I had a bad experience buying from a guy on ebay that i had bought from before and everything had gone great. He sold items for preorder. I had bought from them before' and like I said all was just as it should be, just waited a little longer; never more than 38 days to recieve items. Then a month had gone by and nothing. After making  multiple purchases of multiple items bought at low prices and very high shipping paid, he was no longer a registered member and no items. I emailed the seller multiple times and gave ample time for a response from the seller, after 40 days waiting for items or a response I called and spoke with Ebay reps and was reimbursed for purchases totalling $189 and nothing for paid shipping costs totalling $130. And I had to wait about another 14 days before i got money back.
The guy sold under mmatt* and mmatt out of California and had quite a large store and inventory and I had no problems with my prior purchases. It felt bad to call and report the seller, but atleast i got something back if not all costs paid to him. He even had a 99% feedback rating, so how do you know?
And he is still reported as no longer a member. But it is easy to just open a new account under a new name and keep doing shady business.
this was all about 2.5 months ago.
I know it was a matter of time before something went bad, but i really havent had that bad an experience on ebay and now I just send more emails with questions and wont buy without recieving a response in an acceptable ammount of time. Too bad because I tend to miss out on some really great bargains now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 06:56:50 AM »
That is a bad story to hear, Dana. I cant believe that they didn't give you your shipping fees back.
  I do have a substantial blocked buyer list going for those buyers I have dealt with in the past that for various reasons can no longer be trusted. Shawn, if you like, I can copy and paste that list here. I will get a link up for the blocked buyer list area on ebay as well as it is kind of hard to find.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »
Here is a link to a page with a link that will take you to your ebay blocked buyer list. There, you can add or remove buyers from your blocked buyer list. Each member id must be seperated by a comma and a space.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

You can block up to 5000 user ids

Here is the list of bidders that I have blocked for whatever reason. Most are wannabe scammers.

0855jill, 123saveski, 2009-c-clement, amphiboy, armyofhades, beer_escamoso, blondiern1, ciabattoni2006, ebuyer2007es, gotsw, hummingjeep, jhtp01, jokabofe, keysdisease23, mooman_12, omedome, reminton.steele, shorbfamily, street-dragon,  nadmunsos
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:53:47 PM by Clonehead »

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »
I have made purchases from at least 2 of them and had no problems, just didnt pay close attention to listings..... or changes to them.
Few figs missing helmets or with broken lightsabers or some little fiddley crap like that. nothing major since I won on low bid auctions and bought them just for extra crap and fodder and lowball shipping and almost decent packing.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 07:16:18 AM »
Remember that the deadline for filing a dispute against a seller or buyer is 45 days from the end of the auction. It has to be filed before that 45 days is up.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 07:39:13 AM »
Yes, and I barely made that cutoff time. I might have gotten some shipping cost back, but by looking at all that i hadnt recieved and all my payment totals, there is no way I got everything back. You learn from your mistakes...... sometimes.
And i didnt even get to leave any kind of feedback either way.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 07:46:27 AM »
I believe that some scamming sellers will list a bunch of stuff with the intent of bailing out and running with the money with the intent of just creating another seller id.

I seen about two or three weeks ago where one seller had listed like 20 Geonosis assault battle packs when they had not even been released yet. I noticed that ebay had canceled all of the listings for whatever reason but I'll bet he got some money before they did.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »
They ussually do. It takes all kinds I guess....