Author Topic: Battlestar wars brainstorming thread.  (Read 5617 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Battlestar wars brainstorming thread.
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
I wrote up a little short diologue on the concept of the battlestar galactica and it's rag tag fleet jumping into the star wars universe as well as the cylons:

basically the battlestar galactica theme for every episode was
-hyperspace jump to new location
-explore new location for resources
-cylons jump in and reak havok for the rag-tag fleet
-fleet jumps to new location and it starts all over...

untill in the final episode (now I'm talking classic battlestar, not the crappy reimagined series, the last 2 seasons of that show were a joke and should be disregarded as completely nonexistant!), where the galactica jumps to earth to find a 20th century earth unsuitable for the galactica's integration....  and of cource the cylons come soon after and to save earth from total aniahilation from the cylons the Galacta engages them in combat and again jumps away to lead the cylons off on another whimsical chase...

now... what if we take the Battlestar story line which is stated in the opening theme "that even now brothers of man are fighting for survival somwhere out amongst the stars" and combine that with the reimagined series concept that "the galactica finds earth and begins a new colony there and they were our ancestors..."  From that we can assume that The Battlestar Galactica story took place BOTH a long time ago AND in a glaxy far far away.... If we assume that the same line is literal in star wars then both battlestar and star wars (and our own existance) is in the same universe.

so....

what if the Galactica and the rag-tag fleet of the 12 colonies jumped into the star wars galaxy instead of finding earth?!  What if they jumped into the SW galaxy during or soon after the clone wars had begun?

My thinking is that the galactica, the fleet and their crew would imediately seek out the galactic center (courascant and the republic) and ask for assistance, amnesty and assymilation into the general SW galaxy population.  I think that the republic war generals (as well as palpatine) would see the galactica and it's technology as a new source of battleships and fighters to supliment into the Grand Republic Navy. The great deralict Battlestar would be grounded in a shipyard with it's vipers in tow and subsequently stripped down to be studied.  Admiral adama would be assymilated into the grand republic forces and probably start out as a commander (as his rank would be null in the republic, he'd have to earn it all over again).  The ace pilots of the galactica as well as their engineers would assist in retrofiting star wars tech with galactica tech.  Putting the new "jump" engines in grand republic star destroyers and installing launch tubes for viperesque craft.

now... at the same time, as is always the case, the cylons wouldn't be far behind galactica and they too would jump into the SW galaxy.  Being mechanical beings which love conflict they would immediately asses the Clone War situation and side with the seperatists, using their cylon forces to at first suppliment the seperatist droid armies.  As the cylons are more advanced "droids" the seperatists soon began winning battles and become a force to be reconed with....

of course the cylons wanted control, and eventually took over the seperatist movement for their own and turned it instead into an invasion force....

with Adama's experience fighting the cylons he soon became a high ranking military official in the GRA again... Palpatine begins loosing control of his preplanned take over and fears that his plan is lost....
With the galactica and it's crew now fighting the cylons in a new galaxy with new weopons they are not only fighting for their own survival but the survival of their new home....
Palpatine has already gained emergency power (as this was before the events of the arrival of galactica in the galaxy) and retains control after the cylons are defeated....

eventually the cylons are defeated, but not beaten or destroyed.  Instead they set up their own sector of operations in the outer rim and become their own entity in the first galactic empire.  Palpatine see's them for what they are, great untapped power, and begins to blend them into his Empire.  Using the bio-mechanical knowledge of the cylons he creates better more efficient clone denizens as well as some black book projects such as the Dark Trooper project, which is a fully automated "cylon droid" uber trooper....

of course the rebelion begins soon after and the refugee crew of the galactica and it's fleet being more or less used by palpatine, their ship being taken and their lives at the mercy of the empire begin to have feelings of contempt for the emporer.  As the uneasyness grows in the galaxy Admiral Adama and his crew become a deciding factor in the creation of the rebelion and it's subsequent success...  Technology from the old battlestar and it's fighters once again is grafted onto SW tech with the rebelion's ingenuity.....

so....  things like the viper-x are born.
Entirely new classes of star wars ships are created.  In republic times battlestaresque ships carried troops and space fighters into battle.
cylon basestar like crafts began carying seperatist troops and droids.  A mobile automated carrier of sorts...
Cylon droids in imperial times are disperesed throughout the galaxy.
Cylon technology became a staple part in the imperial arsenal.  The Tie-D, or droid tie, is a specific case of this cylon technology being used by the empire. 

so... yeah, there are countless ways this story arc could be followed.  It'd be fun to write a short story from adama's or appolo's perspective of their assymilation into the star wars universe....   There are so many possibilities and it could be merged so seamlessly I think too! 

so there is the backdrop for this brainstorming collaborative effort. 

ANYTHING is open to suggestion.

I've already put forth a "viper-x" design...
i've suggested that the Dark-trooper project was cylon influenced.
  - as well as the Tie-d or droid operated Tie Fighter...

Let's hear your all's thoughts and input... any ideas that could breed unique customs are a MUST!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: Battlestar wars brainstorming thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »
here are some of the images my friend on deviantart whipped up while we were discussing this concept:
link to his gallery:  http://kavinveldar.deviantart.com/gallery/

funny that his x-viper is backwards from what I envisioned it...

and doing a quick search under "battlestar star wars" in deviant art came up with these images, showing the fact that I'm not the only one with this crazy idea, and it didn't come from me first!!

love that image... the concept of a cylon mechanized mando is awesome (even if conceptually rediculous!)

umm... that's all I've found for now.  Brings up some good ideas to start with.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:26:04 PM »
I never got into Battlestar Galactica.  I don't even think I ever watched a single episode.  However, I do like some of your buddy's concepts for star fighters...

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »
I know it is blasphemy, but there was a time I owned more Buck Rogers and BSG figs then SW figs.
Wish I still had them now.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:12:31 PM »
eh, sci-fi is sci-fi,  you'll get no stones thrown by my hand ;)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »
I liked your concept story the first time I read it, Spud. There are alot of interesting conceptual customs that could come from this. Any chance you could implement your led skills into a casted mando helmet to give us that glowing cylon eye  in that one concept drawing? I really like that.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 08:10:25 PM »
hmmm now that's a challenge... I doubt I could make it move back and forth, but I could definately stick on in there.

Ill cast a helmet up with clear resin and use that as a base...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »
I just thought up a new concept today and I'm going to go sketch some right now for once...

it'd be a droid bomber (like the hyena bomber) with horizontally positioned walking wings so that it resembles the classic cylon raider while in flight... heck... I think I can even sketch one that would resemble the reimagined raider...

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »
as a fan of both franchises all i can say is....ooooooooh i'm liking this!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
well crunch that brain of yours and come up with some ideas buddy!  anything is game!

;)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »
I liked the idea of the bats being cylon tech that ended up in cobra's hands, like a lone heavy raider misjumping and hitting earth, so I'm with ya.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »
oooOOOooo a bat with a more cylon like head would be awesome!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
anyone else notice that they've been using the dull monotone cynthesized voice for the tactical droids on clone wars that is eerily similar to the clasic cylons?

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »
Ok wheres the coceptual design for new Daggits, and what about those bikes from the 1980 Galactica (the only good thing from that), I wonder if you could also add John and his crowd (they were angels in a sense).

Also don't forget the Land Raiders they used in the movie, and the ovions likely to appear.