Author Topic: So this is why I'm on the couch. . .tonight.  (Read 2084 times)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
So this is why I'm on the couch. . .tonight.
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
So my wife is pregnant and has gain a LITTLE weight, and I mean little as in this extra weight would make a little person, anyway, she's pretty sensitive about it.

Well, the way we normally weigh stuff in our house, I get on, record, I pick up something, weigh again, so I knew where this following question was going and what she meant, but I ignored it to be funny. . .at my own peril.

So she says. . ."How high does our scale go?"

I say, while looking at her belly. . "I don't know, you tell me."

BOOM!

So, the couch is pretty comfortable, but its the one in the unheated section of the house.  I'm thinking of getting another bed in the hobby room(I foolishly sent the old  one to the salvation army a few months ago).

:)

There you go, Devin, you gotta feel better, now, :)  I gotta unplug this thing so I can turn on the space heater. .

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: So this is why I'm on the couch. . .tonight.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »
that made me lol... of course.... I'm sitting in my parents basement... can't sleep and have to sleep alone now for... well an unknown amount of time. :( 

Suddenly not having the person you sleep next to there with you when you lay down at night is quite unnerving...  at least whenever I got sent to the couch I new she was in the other room and eventually would let me back in...

lol simon, at least you didn't tell her that it was ok you got the couch cuz there wasn't room on the bed anymore... knowing me and Dawn I'd have probably dug my hole even deeper by doing something dumb like that!

congrats on the bun in the oven btw!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »
Know how you feel mate, my missus and i went thru a real bad patch last year. Combined with other things 2008 was not a great year.

Hope you get back in the good books soon mate....

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:18:12 AM »
That made me smile pretty big!  I, too, am unable to keep that sarcastic reply from escaping my lips!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
i think it's built into the male genes to have such comments... it's not that we cant help it, it's just the way we are......
my wife too is pregnant and i cop it all the time with my *quick wit* ... for example we were watching Norbit the other night and this scene came to mine when reading  what happened to you mate

Attendant: Excuse me.
Rasputia: What?
Attendant: Are you wearing bottoms?
Rasputia: [Gasps and looks appalled] Of course I'm wearing bottoms!
[lifts up her roll of belly fat covering her bathing suit bottom]
Attendant: [Looks questionably at her] All right.

i just looked at her and giggled..... boy did i cop it!!!! and i didn't even have so say a word.....dang TV!!!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:45:03 AM by TheCloneCommander »

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 09:24:57 AM »
Wow, we all have the same problem. I would be ok if I could keep my mouth shut sometimes. I still haven't learned how.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »
it's so much more satisfying to say somehting though... even if the long term effect is less than satisfactory  ;D

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
I have never been one to hold back comments at home, so I can fully relate to sleeping on the couch, sometimes it is worth the rammifcations . I've slept in many worse spots than on the couch in the past ;)

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »
I have a very quick wit, and my wife does too and I often get myself into trouble.. however, what's worse than getting sent to the sofa is having to stay in the same bed while you know she is super pissed at you.. and wont even speak to you.. and goes out of her way to make sure you understand that it's going to be a long night.. and there is no sofa option available...

Cheer up though mate, tomorrows a new day, and if your smart you'll go out in the middle of the night and get some flowers to leave on the table for the morning with a sorry note.

(you are smart right?) hint/hint!!

Good luck!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
flowers show weakness. . .and my wife is a predator.

We have a different set of rules at our house, only the strong rule... except for the boy, weakest link and commands us both, :(

LOL

I am in charge of the pets, though, they must all accept my commands. .. except we have cats. . so its hit or miss.

We did have a dog, once, then again, he was a jack and always had his own agenda...

:)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 01:05:30 PM »
lol I too was commander of the pets... good thing about snakes and lizards though is that they heed no command and need no command.. they just eat, bask, and mess their cages! lol