Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 86368 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: basilisk wip)
« Reply #450 on: September 01, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »
but i thought basilisk has many variants? so it doesnt really matter even if u don't follow the actual picture right

I'll go for that!  I've read conflicting articles about that.  In one it says that "mandalmotors" mass produced them for mandalorian warriors... in another article it said they were captured tech from a rival world.... and in yet another article it said that mandalorian warriors built them and personalized them the way they wanted...

I still need to get back onto this project.  I've shifted focus to other projects and havn't come back to this one.  I find that with most projects that require alot of building/sculpting I usually put them off as long as possible...

but as for the bat-man project I've finished it and it is now showcased over in my "misc." customs thread here:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3567.msg76150#new

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: basilisk wip)
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »
The H.I.S.S. II modified with the POC hiss tank's tread assembly.

Front comparison:

isometric:

back:

well... what do you guys think?  Totally awesome or did I just ruin two hiss tanks? 

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: spudafett's vehicles (last update: hiss2 mod)
« Reply #452 on: September 16, 2010, 01:09:38 AM »
Love it...that is an amazing bit of re-working Spuda!  are we going to see your it with a paint job?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #453 on: September 16, 2010, 03:41:25 AM »
Very cool. The tracks look great being bigger for the vehicle. Can't wait to see some paint on her.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2010, 04:32:53 AM »
Love it...that is an amazing bit of re-working Spuda!  are we going to see your it with a paint job?

yeah... I want to tie it all together a little better.  I kinda like the blue but I do want it to be a little different.  The red guns defiantely are going to be changed. 

any ideas on a color scheme?  I was thinking about doing a desert deco. 

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #455 on: September 16, 2010, 05:29:02 AM »
That is definitely an improvement over the original. I was thinking of doing the same kind of custom with an original style HISS tank.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #456 on: September 16, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »
That is definitely an improvement over the original. I was thinking of doing the same kind of custom with an original style HISS tank.

I was hoping to do the same but after messing with the POC treads a little and doing some measurements the original hiss will look WAY wonky with these huge ol treads.  It's chassis is just too small I think.  It could be done, but I think it'd look funny.

now what I realy wanted was a DTC hiss tank....  but could never find one on e-bay cheap enough for this project. 

btw I plan on painting this one up in standard black hiss coloration.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #457 on: September 16, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
I do like the newer POC treads better than the original.  It'd be sweet if you could do a double tread on both sides, as in, one ramping upwards, the other downwards.  Still, I think it looks meaner.  can't wait to see it painted up!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #458 on: September 16, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »
Wow, I keep seeing the McQuarrie concept art that look a heck of a lot like this! Get us that concept snowtrooper they released last year and a paint job to match and i think this HISS is daggone close! Ofcourse I put this on the fp.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #459 on: September 16, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
tamer I'm assuming that you are refering to this:

and while I've also commented on the similarities between the two the size variation is huge between the concept art and any version of the hiss tank.  Although, the height of my latest kit bash comes closer to the concept art, there are alot of things that stand them apart...  I just don't think the vehicle I created would fit into that concept's role...

When I think of star wars I don't picture treaded vehicles, to be honest I think the only wheeled, or treaded vehicles in the entire saga (at least the only ones that come to mind) are the jawa sandcrawlers and then the turbo tank.  everything else is either walkers or repulsorlift driven.

To be quite honest I'm starting to wane away from star wars customs.  The newest lines of figures are great, but they truly pale in comparison with the POC wave of gi-joes....  Thus, I've gotten into a joe mindset of collecting and customizing more lately than the star wars end of it.

anyways.  I guess the hiss tank could be a crossover vehicle.  There's no reason it wouldn't fit right into the star wars universe.  It's futuristic enough I think it'd work well.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #460 on: September 16, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »
Really neat conversion on that HISS II.  Even though the size differential is there, it does capture the *feel* of the McQ art - enough so that I'd love to see the "Snowmurai Trooper" posed with it!

I know what you mean about the sheer awesomeness of the ROC/POC figs! Heck, even the 25th Anniv. figs fall in there.  I'm scooping up Joes, but I'm getting them to create SW customs to illustrate my Fixer tales.  Still, cool toys are cool toys!

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #461 on: September 16, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
Spuda there were those little vintage tanks that never appeared in the movies. Vintage Star Wars MLC-3 mini-rig

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #462 on: September 17, 2010, 05:25:08 AM »
i'm not saying tracked vehicles don't belong in star wars... your right, there are more examples than just the sandcrawler and turbo-tank mandalore.   
It's just that I did make this tank specifically to be a cobra/gi-joe custom...  if I ever get a few standard HISS tanks I might make a mcquarrie concept one.

to be honest i never got the concept snowtrooper... I never realy liked it much. :/

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #463 on: September 17, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
i think they only use treaded vehicles on worlds where magnetic interference makes repulsor unstable... i saw a similar description from the treaded rebel tanks in empire at war, and they have a few of it. there's also that weird looking tank with turrets at weird points from battlefront on PSP, and TIE crawler too.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #464 on: September 17, 2010, 06:55:05 PM »
i'm not saying tracked vehicles don't belong in star wars... your right, there are more examples than just the sandcrawler and turbo-tank mandalore.   
It's just that I did make this tank specifically to be a cobra/gi-joe custom...  if I ever get a few standard HISS tanks I might make a mcquarrie concept one.

to be honest i never got the concept snowtrooper... I never realy liked it much. :/

Meant no offense spuda