Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 86402 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: spudafett's custom vehicles
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
You gave me some Ideas of what I can do with some old x-wings that I have that aren't the right scale. I'm gonna make me some Uglies.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »
LOL, Spuda, you never cease to amaze me with your customising methods...kind of reminds me of that evil kid from Toy Story, but in a good way!!!

I'm rather partial to ship customs, and this is looking very nice indeed....

kit bashing is the only way to go for ship customs... I just can't scratch build worth diddly squat.

Thanks everyone for the comments...  I hope I get further along on this one than I did on my y-wing... (which I've never posted here I don't think). 

I plan on attaching the new wings with a couple screws, then gluing the two together with a two part epoxy (super glue doesn't hold large stuff like this together), and then using apoxi sculpt modeling clay to fill in the cracks and try and make it seamless.

I have NO IDEA what color scheme to go with when I finally get around to the paint work.  Any suggestions?  I don't want it to be anythign that's been done before.

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2010, 11:56:01 PM »
If it was up to me, I'd go with the figure that goes with the ship, Take My custom Mando white paw White, Red And Black. With some ( not to over do it with the battle damage , maybe some blasters marks or something.) Or Paint it to match your Mando of yourself.

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
I havn't decided on what figure to put with this ship yet... 
I'm afraid that my super arty figs might not even fit in it...  I know that the tie pilot will not fit in it, and my western mando (self mando) won't fit in it because of the way I made the armor (the figure just doesn't sit down right).

I'm thinking about super articulating the female x-wing pilot from the evolutions pack and then using it for the pilot of this ship.  I am going to go with a highly stylized version of the x-wing pilot and deviate from the standard look of the pilot and make it more of a "jedi-pilot" figure. 

the way I see it is that the jedi wouldn't all just wear their robes while flying... I figure some of them would wear a modified flight suit as well, just like the clone wars jedi-generals wear modified clone armor.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:07 AM »
I like the idea of the modified flight suit for a jedi pilot. Sounds like a cool idea. I do believe that you had posted that y-wing custom here. You are talking about the two seater version?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2010, 11:14:14 AM »
yeah, the two seater... had I posted it here?
eh, I probably did.  I never have finished the dang thing.  It's still in pieces sitting in my junk closet...

I'm going to start working on the starfighter and the pilot b4 work today.  maybe I can get a little bit done.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2010, 12:54:10 AM »
just a few tiny updates (please excuse my messy backgrounds as these were taken on my work desk and my "customs display rack" has suffered a pile up of shelf divers beneath it....  I just havn't gotten around to tidying up and it's starting to show :( )

so.... the misiles on the pop out wings are from the gi-joe glider I got a while back...  I realy like the way they look on there, but So far I havn't been able to get them to stick well enough.  When the wings "pop open" they usually come unglued and get catapulted across the room...  I'm currently trying to figure out a good way to get them to stick better.  there isn't enough room on the wing to drill through it and put in a screw or anything like that...
and I tried using two part epoxy resin glue but that didn't hold either....  I might have to just scrap that detail entirely...

However I have gotten the x-wing wing additions secured.  I attached a single screw to each to hold it on as well as filling in the space between the added wings and the bottom of the jedi-fighter with two part epoxy resin for extra security.  so far I've had no problems with them moving or wanting to wiggle...

I'm just putting the final touches on it now (like the missiles), if I can find another x-wing cannon for the other wing I'll be able to primer it all up and start painting (if the weather ever lets up...)

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2010, 05:45:43 AM »
Love the wing addition and that extra thruster, but that missile looks slightly odd to me. Don't know why, maybe its the shape. Either way, that vehicle is looking awesome. Paint scheme?

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2010, 05:48:38 AM »
I hear you on the weather thing. Expect this one to hit the fp when finished.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »
I hear you on the weather thing. Expect this one to hit the fp when finished.

I'll never get it finished if I don't find me another x-wing laser cannon! :(

I might scrap that missile on the pop out winglet, since it doesn't want to stay on....

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »
looks good so far dude!

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »
Spud I like where this is going.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:21 AM »
so, if your keeping up with my figure thread you saw my comments about the at-rt project I have going.  I got the revel at-rt model and I was actually very disapointed in it.  It was super fragile and several pieces broke as I was puting it together/ posing it.  SO... it's going to stay in the configuration it is in and my arf trooper is going to be it's pilot... the figure that came with the model was pretty sad....  a rubber dummy of an at-rt driver....  ::)

so here is what i've gotten done on my tcw at-rt, it's in pieces at the moment getting ready for primer paint

then after the paint is finished I'm going to work on installing some LED lights. :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »
Spuda, I know what you mean about the Revell Kit, my sone was unconsolable when the leg parts snapped...

Nice little project here..I'm keen to see you work you magic!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »
Dam bro atleast now I dont feel to bad about the mess on my work area just call it organized chaos. Makes everything easy to find.