Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 86393 times)

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs
Re: spudafett's custom vehicles
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »
oh my bad sir i miss understood.... :'(

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
lol np man.  I just wanted to make sure everyone realized that if they wanted to get one like it that I'm willing to do a completely original one and give (for the price of the figure and shipping) them the new one.

well guys I'm going to start customizing my at-st and my obi-wan jedi starfighter today (thanks for all the wonderful suggestions on what to do with the starfighter :P ).... 

droidbait

« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »
one of my favorites... the republic fighter tank

"Forrested Terrain Fighter Tank, FT-FT"

I've been thinking about going back to this one and redoing it's camo scheme... I wanted it to resemble the kashyyyk trooper camo but be a different color combo... it just didn't come out like I wanted it too.  the brush strokes look to much like... well... brushstrokes.  Unfourtunately I don't have the steady hand nor the patience that the uber camo painters like clonehead have!

THIS IS THE BEST CUSTOM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE FIGURES WITH IT AND THE VEHICLE AND THE WAY U SHOWN IT OFF OUTSIDE

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2010, 08:50:07 AM »
ha... too bad I repainted it :P

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Excellent work bud, keep it up.

droidbait

« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »
ha... too bad I repainted it :P

lol oh well if you are happy with it i am ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
my current project was going to be trying to customize/weather the at-st to make it screen accurate.  BUT... I just can't bring myself to do anything to it.  I am still trying to find a solution for the one detail on the back of each leg, the little bar thing that connects to the back of the ankle joint.  That is the only thing I want to fix. I might try weathering it just slightly to bring out some of the details but I am very hesitant about it.

my other project is to customize a jedi starfighter I picked up recently.  I have been talking to a guy on deviantart who does kit-bashed ship concept images and asked him to mock up some variations on the starfighter design that I mgiht be able to make using the actual toy... here are a few he came up with:

I especially like the last one because it is the closest to the original configuration and thus won't need as much scratch building!  The others are so far off from the original concept that it'd take alot of kitbashing or scratchbuilding to make it, and if at all possible I don't want to have to cut up another vehicle to make it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:55:20 PM by spudafett »

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
Holy S%#@ WOW I'd love to see that when it's done.

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »
hmm well crap, for some reason it won't show his other pics, here are links to them

http://st.deviantart.com/minish/main/blank.png

all of his mock ups are realy well done, his screen name is kavinveldar, here is a link to his gallery:  http://kavinveldar.deviantart.com/gallery/

I've actually decided to go with a look similar to the image that actually worked in my previous post.  I scrounged up two vintage x-wing bottom wings and am working on various configurations with them on the jedi starfighter. 
Which brings me to my next issue, I am running one laser cannon short, I realy need another vintage x-wing laser cannon.  Anyone have an extra laying around they could give me?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »
just a few shots of the jedi-starfighter mocked up with the x-wing engines and wings.
I am planning on adding the x-wing parts to the bottom of the starfighter.  The spring loaded winglets have been modified so that only the top ones work, the bottom ones have been glued shut so that the new engines and wings can be attached there.  The pop off sections will still work as well and I'm debating ways to modify them.

I also opened up the starfighter to study the inside mechanics as I was curious to how it functioned... I don't recomend doing this.  I don't know if you can tell it from the first two photos but the insides of the jedi starfighter have ALOT of moving parts and ALL OF THEM are spring loaded... opening this thing up is a recipee for disaster!  Although... i was able to find all the parts that fell out and put it back together and THANKFULLY it still works!  :P

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2010, 07:36:59 AM »
Spud those links don't work for me...but your project is looking awesome. I really like the look of this ship in the overhead shot.  What a great idea...my only input would be don't overdo it with all the laser cannons. I think it might look better with less of them. Just personal opinion but I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2010, 08:13:58 AM »
This looks to turn out pretty cool, Devin. I like how it looks with the JSF sides detatched and the missiles exposed.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »
Yes, Devin, that looks awesome!  I can't wait to see it all finished up and painted!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »
LOL, Spuda, you never cease to amaze me with your customising methods...kind of reminds me of that evil kid from Toy Story, but in a good way!!!

I'm rather partial to ship customs, and this is looking very nice indeed....

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
I really like the profile of your latest.  The X-Wing wings and Starfighter body work well, and make an attractive profile.  Can't wait to see how this comes together.