Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 86245 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spudafett's custom vehicles
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »
believe me, my fingers have taken a beating from that exact nife over the years!  funny though that i've injuered myself more doing customs than I did building and shooting spud guns.....

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
thanks clint...

ok... I guess nfc asked for it so blame him for this! (hopefully my computer doesn't act up again while I type this up)so....  things like the viper-x are born.
Entirely new classes of star wars ships are created.  In republic times battlestaresque ships carried troops and space fighters into battle.
cylon basestar like crafts began carying seperatist troops and droids.  A mobile automated carrier of sorts...
Cylon droids in imperial times are disperesed throughout the galaxy.
Cylon technology became a staple part in the imperial arsenal.  The Tie-D, or droid tie, is a specific case of this cylon technology being used by the empire. 

so... yeah, there are countless ways this story arc could be followed.  It'd be fun to write a short story from adama's or appolo's perspective of their assymilation into the star wars universe....   There are so many possibilities and it could be merged so seamlessly I think too! 

Devin, that's BRILLIANT.   A property that I previously had less than zero interest in before now has an interesting new dimesion IMO and now I hope you further this idea.  The inclusion of Dark Trooper project as sort of a melding of the Cylons and super battle droids  is really really really cool.

DH

rad!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »
Oh man that tank is awesome! I like the final color scheme. Great weathering the only thing for me is that it looks like the guns are weathered much less that the tank. Esp. the top gun, it could be we are loosing some details to the camera flash though. Still great looking tank you have there.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
lol yeah... I kinda weathered the tank seperately than the guns... so... they kind of got shafted.  BUT, the flash does take off alot of it.  My thinking is that the crew would keep the guns cleaned and maintained but disregard the rest of the vehicle and allow it to get dirtied up... I like cop outs...

yeah NFC, theres alot of things I'd love to do with that story arc... makes me want to get my dark trooper back out and swap it's head for a classic cylon centurian head and give him a swoord! (funny thing is that the phase 1 darktrooper has a vibro-blade included in the design.... Cylon influence anyone!?!?!)

I think I'll start another "brainstorm" thread somwhere for brainstorming some more ideas like this, I know NFC will participate, anyone else wanna throw their thoughts in the mix?

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »
(funny thing is that the phase 1 darktrooper has a vibro-blade included in the design.... Cylon influence anyone!?!?!)
ya know... I never made the connection before... I do believe that's a EUREKA moment

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
Spud, you have some excellent work there!  I love your final rendition of your HAFT tank, it looks stunning!  I have a LONG ways to go on mine if I hope to even compete.  Your Viper X is awesome as well!  Came out really nice!  If you don't mind, may I make one slight point of criticism with it?  It may even just be the way it looks in the photos, but it looks like your red paint stripes are a bit jagged and crooked.  Is it just the photo?  Not to say it's not an awesome piece, and with some of the moldings on those things, I can see how it might be difficult to get it perfectly straight without the paint running.  Just wondering.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »
none of you guys probably realy care about this one as it's not star wars... but to me as a kid it was substitute star wars:

this is an old Gi-joe jet that also was a squirt gun in it's prime... I have had this plane since I was a child, as long as I can remember...  I never had any joes as a kid so the only pilot figure I had was a POTF luke skywalker... as I also never had an x-wing, luke always flew this plane instead.
Back then it was a drab greay collor, over the years it turned yellow.  The squirt gun doesn't work anymore from where as a kid I played with it in the sand box (doh!).

I found it in a box of old stuff the other day and decided it'd look realy good repainted as a stealth fighter.  So a couple coats of spray paint later this is what I've got!

if i'm right thats based on the old northrop YF-23 fighter being evaluated for the U.S. Navy..
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2009, 04:26:35 PM »
Spud, you have some excellent work there!  I love your final rendition of your HAFT tank, it looks stunning!  I have a LONG ways to go on mine if I hope to even compete.  Your Viper X is awesome as well!  Came out really nice!  If you don't mind, may I make one slight point of criticism with it?  It may even just be the way it looks in the photos, but it looks like your red paint stripes are a bit jagged and crooked.  Is it just the photo?  Not to say it's not an awesome piece, and with some of the moldings on those things, I can see how it might be difficult to get it perfectly straight without the paint running.  Just wondering.

lol it's not your imagination, it's my spasming unsteady hand.  the lines along the wings and the front end are realy jagged... I honestly tried to cover up some of it with the weathering.

I like to use the excuse that the red markings were added hastilly in wartime to distinguish squadrons... ;)

I realy need to go back and tape off the lines and retouch it I guess...  that's what I should have done to begin with! 

some of the paint did run into the grooves that I'd incised on the wings, that was realy unavoidable... The white primer surface is also very strange to paint on with brush paints, it tends to soak up the paint and cause it to spread along the surface of the primer... 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2009, 08:39:09 PM »
while I had the red paint out I finished up my old scratchbuilt action fleet scale clasic viper:

and I got bored a little today so I hangarbay'd myself! lol

that is a rendering of the galactica's viper launch tube done by a guy on deviantart.  what do you think HB!? could I give you a run for your money? I think not.....

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2009, 03:00:39 AM »

awesome!  that totally blends well together

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2009, 03:20:37 PM »
thanks, it's not perfect... the bay is too dark and the ship is too bright comparatively... but it's ok by my standards.

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »
thanks, it's not perfect... the bay is too dark and the ship is too bright comparatively... but it's ok by my standards.
looks fine to me, bro, I didn't notice too much of a contrast with the lighting at all

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »
Even if you are not entering the tank in the contest you should put up pics there to stir some interest or ideas for others. What do you think?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »
by your command.... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2009, 10:27:59 AM »
looks like a good photoshop effort to me Devin.